Yu-Gi-Oh GX The Crying Comet Reposted

keyblademaster20

Again I got sidetracked and forgot about this. Well I'll try to update often. Note that this is in my character's POV.

Prologue

The wind picked up, snow fell against the glass door, and cries of sadness could be heard from the room. The sound of many zippers could be heard. I was packing, packing to leave forever. Tears dripped down my face as my parents started shouting about how bad I was. I was always blamed when they got into a fight and now I couldn’t take it I was leaving for good.

I threw piles of my old clothes everywhere trying to find my piggy bank with my 202 bucks I had saved for years. I couldn’t find it and looked under my bed and I found it! It was a purple like pig with advertisements for a company that my parents worked at.

‘I can finally be away from this loneliness I can finally be free.’ I thought.

I picked up my pack and looked out the glass door thinking of my own freedom. Tears dripped down my face as I watched the snow fall and my parents’ shouts. I walked out the door in between my shouting parents and walked into the cold snow.

I heard more shouts from my parents as I walked I even heard footsteps behind me. I didn’t look back hearing my parents’ shouts and complaints to return. I looked at the sky knowing I was never going to return then walked ahead on a white snowy path.

End of Prologue

[align=center]

Chapter 1: Is this really an Exam?[/align]

I walked into a game shop looking around. It looked the same for the past four years. I would always pass by this store, but I never had the guts to come in until three years ago when some lunatic dragged me in here. That day changed my life as I was introduced to a game called Duel Monsters.

“This is the last time I’ll see this place,” I sighed looking around the shop.

Many cards were on displayed from old to new shown in the glass. Posters were up on the walls advertising the shop and a few posters about Yugi Moto, who helped out with the shop with his grandpa. I turned around to leave, but I heard a familiar voice behind me.

“Leaving so soon?”

“Yeah I guess I am, Yugi,” I replied still facing the door.

“At least some for the Good Bye party we set up,” Yugi said with a stern voice.

“I’ll make sure that I do,” I said.

“Oh and keep this,” Yugi said holding up an envelope. I took it from him and bowed politely and headed out the door leaving the place where I had found after the snowy night, I left the light for a new one.

Sometime later I was at the exam looking at other kids duel. Others would jump for joy for being accepted to the academy, others who would cry, and some who would always keep a stern face. I caught sight of my adopted brother by the arena as a spectator and some of his friends.

“Would Comet Summers report to the dueling arena?” A voice from the speaker spoke and with that I was on my way to the new light. The staff met me at the entrance to the arena greeting me

“We are here to inform you that your dueling proctor would like you to use your own deck so you we will not give you cards what-so-ever.”

I nodded my head and entered the arena. Duelers were staring down at me anxious to see if I win or loose. People crowded around the stands waiting for the duel to start. I saw my brother in the crown, but acted like I didn’t see him.

“Are your ready to duel?” A voice asked from across the room. I suspected it to be the duel proctor and nodded. I walked up to the stand and activated my duel disk he did the same.

“Let’s Duel!”

Proctor: 4000

Me: 4000

“Teachers first,” The proctor said drawing a card from his deck.

“I play Vorse Raider in attack mode,” The teacher said slamming the card down on the disk.

Vorse Raider (1900/1200)

“Then I play two face down cards and to end my turn.” The proctor said with his emotionless face.

“Draw!” I shouted. Scanning my hand I knew I could win in just one turn, but the question was “Should I do it or not?”

“Hey proctor!” I shouted waving my hand in the air.

“Yes, Comet?”

“Can I finish this quick?”

“Sure, like you can.”

I growled at the remark and started to scan my hand again until I picked the card I wanted.

“I play Crystal Elf’s Respect Spell Card!”

“A what?”

Crystal Elf’s Respect allows me to destroy all spell and trap cards on your side of the field, so say bye to those face downs.” I said smirking. Crystal drops from the sky came showering down piercing the face down cards soon turning them to dust.

“I play Crystal Tiger (1950/1800) in attack mode!” I said placing the card on the disk, “then I activate its special effect! I can sacrifice it and I will be able to summon one of the strongest monsters in my deck right to the field.”

Crystal Tiger then started to glow then it exploded into millions of pieces. A card then slid out of my deck and I took it.

“Now I play Crystal Tiger Guardian of the West Byako (6000/6500)!”

In place of Crystal Tiger a larger tiger appeared. The tiger was made out of completely out of crystal; its eyes glowed with a radiant light.

“Now Byako, attack Vorse Raider!” I commanded. The tiger lunged forward grabbing Vorse Raider by its fangs soon swallowing it whole.

Proctor: 0 (4000 – 6000)

Me: 4000

“Checkmate.” I said leaving the arena.

[align=center]

Chapter 2: The End and the New Start[/align]

I had left the arena trying to walk home until I was hugged by someone. I lost oxygen every time the hug got tighter until I looked like I was going to die.

“I am so proud of you!” The voice squealed.

“Let go of me!” I gasped, “Let go of me you idiot!”

“You can’t even say hi to your own older brother,” The man sighed, “you’re still as cold as usual.”

“You’re still a big idiot, Andrew,” I said finally breathing in some air. I started to walk of to leave the exams, but I was stopped by a hand.

“What is it Zane?” I asked.

“Aren’t you going to watch the late kid duel?”

“No,” I replied simply, “I already know who’s going to win.”

“The proctor?”

“No, the kid,” I replied then left.

--

It was 6 o’clock in the night where I was partying like crazy. All of my friends were there. Yugi was having fun, but being cool and collective at times, Joey and Tristan were fighting over a piece of pork, Tea was trying to break them up, Seto was just standing by a corner in his own world, and his little brother, who looked like a teddy bear in my opinion, Mokuba stole the meat from Joey and Tristan now eating happily.

“This is the life,” I sighed a relief.

“Then why are you leaving?”

“Because, Seto I feel like it,”

“Not much of a reason,” Seto sighed.

“Is there a reason for talking to me?” I asked.

“No.” Seto paused, but continued, “I heard you sigh that’s all.”

I smiled, this was a great life. Leaving that mess of a family four years ago was the best choice I had ever made, but the sad part is I had to lie to the family that took me in so my parents wouldn’t come and pick me up.

“I will never forget you guys,” I said aloud closing my eyes, “I will never forget.”

Everyone stopped and looked at me for a second. I didn’t mind because that statement was true. I’ve never felt this happy before when I was with my parents. Here I truly belong with friends who are as close to me as family.

“Oh our presents,” Everyone said at once. By this time everyone was running all over the house trying to find their gifts for me. I sweat dropped at their reaction while Seto just twitched.

“Here since they were stupid enough to forget here’s mine first,” Seto said heaving a sigh. It was a new duel disk, one of the newer models I had seen lately.

“Aren’t we supposed to get this when we get to the academy?” I asked.

“Now you don’t have to,” Seto said before closing his eyes.

I put it on my left hand, and it turned out to fit perfectly. Next, were Joey and Tristan who made a cute banner, in my opinion. They had there faces on the corners and it said ‘Do your Best Out there. Shock the world!’ Mokuba gave me a hair clip and Tea game me a bracelet.

“Here is mine.” Yugi said holding up a white piece of paper.

“Didn’t you give me one this morning?” I asked.

“No that was from Pegasus,” Yugi sighed,”He was busy and asked me to give it to you.”

“Oh,” I said opening the folded paper. Inside was everyone signatures even for the people who didn’t come. There faces were drawn all over the paper with their encouragements. I read them all, but Mai’s made me laugh.

‘Show them some girl power, even though you are not much of a girl.”

I sighed and picked up my pack, “I better get going.” I said, “Oh Yugi tell your grandpa that I wish him the best.”

“I’ll make sure I will,” Yugi said before yawning.

“Checkmate,” I muttered before leaving.

Archived