Another Story (Chapters 1-3) PG-16

Fog38

This is my fan fic. The story takes place before the original Yugioh. Some card effects are altered.

Warning: This story deals with characters and their character flaws like the original yugioh. Some back storys have death in them. Also story is a little wordy. I tried to make it a fun read though. :D

[spoiler=Characters]

[spoiler=Fog]Age: 17

Deck: Thunder / Six Samurai

Ace Card: Twin Headed Thunder Dragon (Miss Print)

Bio: Fog lives by himself, but it wasn't always that way. Once he had a family that loved him, money and riches too spare, and not a care in the world. But not any more, now he lives a cold existence try to forget what had once been.

[spoiler=Justin]Age: 17

Deck: Dragon / Warrior

Ace Card: Red Eyes Black Dragon

Bio: He is the current I2 champion and Japan Regional Champion. At a young age he learned that he could come up the amazing combos out of any set of cards. To bad all the skills went straight to his head. He was never beaten in any game, until he meet Fog that is...

[spoiler=Anglia Etsuku (Sensei Angel) ]Age: 18

Deck: Majestic Angel

Ace Card: Majestic Mech Goryu

Bio: She is a very young teacher at a High School in Japan. No one knows how she got the job. She has a huge male student fan base, but an even bigger secret.

[spoiler= Dr. Gladiolus Septer]Age 41

Deck: Agent of the Sky Sanctuary

Ace Card: Agent King Sol

Bio: He helped Maximillion Pegasus create Duel Monsters, and now he has a plan to bring life to the ultimate Duel Monsters cards. His reach is long,and seems be a part of everyone's life's, even if they don't know it yet.

[spoiler= Eclipse]Age: Unknown

Deck: Chaos

Ace Card: Unknown

Bio: A mysterious cloaked figure. He was once friends with Septer. He is currently after the objects of Amun Re. Little else is know about him.

More characters and back grounds will be added as they are reviled.

[spoiler=Another Story][spoiler=Chapter 1 Bad Day]Egypt mid 1990s.

The sands thrashed about in the air, signaling, as it always had, the coming of a storm. This storm in particular was not the doing of Egypt’s many gods, nor ever changing climate, but from the propeller of a chopper. Never the less, the storm to come would be as sinister as the world as ever seen before. Once the air craft had landed, it opened revealing a man whose body was completely covered in a cloak. The garment itself was nothing special, but the man, the man was something different, something as sinister as the storm which would soon come. As he made his was out of the vehicle scores of troops followed, each incased in onyx body armor, their faces covered with masks each resembling the next. Before the man and his battalion was a pyramid sheathed in sand and forgotten by time.

Armored Trooper: My lord, our search has finally come to an end. Surely here we can find here what we seek.

Cloaked Man: Yes, very soon. Now go forth, and don’t return with out the staff and glove of Amen.

Armored Trooper: Yes my lord.

The trooper rejoined his ranks and marched into the time forgotten pyramid. All had been going according to the plan, but even the cloaked man could tell something was a little different that day. He looked to the sky and noticed something was changing. The once peaceful sky had darkened. A storm was coming. He smiled, and entered the chambers of pyramid.

At that exact moment, some 6039.56 mile away, in the vibrant city of Tokyo an alarm clock was bellowing in a small single person apartment. The problem was this alarm clock should not have been going off at that time. In fact, that alarm clock should have sounded over an hour before hand. One can imagine how this could be a problem, and it was. A man, the only resident of that particular apartment, was scrambling to get his uniform on. School would start in less then five minutes, and although he knew it would be impossible to make it on time, he could not comprehend such a concept this close waking up. His man was Fog, or at least that was what people had called him for it seemed no one knew his real man. He had long black hair which he never fixed, although it seemed to do so on its own, and eyes that could express everything he was not willing to. He was a strong, but quiet man, never wanting nor caring about the problems of the world. He was content alone; nothing can go wrong when he is alone. He made it out the door five minutes after the alarm had sounded, a record by any count, but Fog was unaware that this was just the beginning of his bad day.

Fog strolled in to his classroom, having given up on his mad rush learning of its hopelessness. In front of the class stood a woman whom he had seen many times before, Anglia Etsuko, the foreign studies teacher period 3.

Anglia: Glad to have you join us Mr. Fog. Take a seat, oh and I do apologize if my class taking away from your beauty rest.

A few students giggled at the jest, but Fog didn’t care. Anglia was young for a teacher, nineteen in March, but she always had a level of control that made her seem older. She had long black hair reaching down to her shoulders. Her body was perfectly formed from her endless legs to the top of her head. Many students couldn’t understand why someone so beautiful would chose to be a teacher, but they were happy that she did. She had even accumulated a following in the short time she had been teaching. Male fan students had started a club where they meet to discuss who had the best bet of dating “Sensei Angel” (in Japanese the words Anglia and Angel sound alike in katakana, so fan boys would call her angel). Fog, of course, couldn’t care less about her, he just wanted to go through the motions and leave as soon as he could.

After class, Fog headed toward the commons to eat alone as he so frequently did, when something stopped him.

Justin: Come on now, we can be reasonable here, so hand it over.

Hayato: But Justin, its my favorite card. Please don’t take it.

Fog recognized both students involved in the squabble. Hayato, a first year and possible the wimpiest looking student Fog had seen in quite some time. With Hayato what you see is what you get. He had glasses seemed cover is entire face which was always bunched up as if he had a lemon constantly in his mouth. The other was Justin, a third year whose strategic mind was only surpassed by his ego. Justin is the current Duel Monsters champ both I2 and regional, and he is not afraid to tell any one about this fact. Except, of course, if he can get something out of it. This was the case with poor Hayato. Justin duped Hayato into a duel for his favorite card, and Justin wasn’t one to forgo the payment part.

Justin: You knew the rules when we start kid. A deals a deal, you can’t back out now.

Hayato: Please, can we have a rematch or something?

Justin: *Sigh* Toji, would you get the card for me.

A gargantuan student stepped toward Hayato. Toji was Justin’s trusty enforcer, a tall man with more strength then cerebral. His hands clamp on to Hayato and thrust him into the air.

Fog: Leave him alone.

For a few seconds there after, everyone was speechless. This could have been because everyone knows to stay out of Justin’s “business” , or because of all the people to come to Hayato’s rescue, Fog was probably the last on the list, but something was different that day, and Fog did come to Hayato’s rescue.

Justin: Hold up. What did you say?

Fog: Let the kid go, he didn’t know that you are the I2 champion. It wasn’t fair.

Justin: Wasn’t fair?!

Justin grabs the card he won from Hayato’s quivering hand. He struts up to Fog holding up his earnings.

Justin: Once he agreed to the terms it was more then fair. In a duel all results are final. So maybe next time you should know a little bit about what your saying before you talk to me.

Justin turns to leave. Motioning for Toji to follow. On the ground Hayato sat whimpering in disappointment. Fog looked at Hatayo and knew this had gone on far enough.

Fog: Justin, I challenge you to a duel.

The hallways were struck silent once again. No one had ever changed Justin before, at least not knowing who he was. The fact was that Justin had never actually lost a Duel Monsters game in his life. Justin smiled, soon the smiled had evolved into a laugh, then into a full blown cackle.

Justin: You challenge me? Really?! Okay, okay, Mr. Challenger, what do we wager?

Fog: If I beat you, you must give Hayato back his card, and transfer out of this school.

Justin grew silent, as did the large mob of bystanders that had been grow sense the beginning of the confrontation. The class bell buzzed, no one moved.

Justin: Those are some pretty high steaks. What could you possibly offer me that is worth as much.

Fog: My Duel Monsters deck.

Fog pulls out his deck and hands it to Justin for examination. Justin was astounded by the array of one of a kind cards that existed in his deck. He returns the deck to Fog, and then Justin reveals a set of key from his pocket.

Justin: These are the keys to VR duel arena I2 put in our school after my latest tournament victory. I have been saving this arena for a good opponent, so you better put up a fight pretty boy.

Justin, Fog, and the rest of the student body entered the duel auditorium where I2’s greatest creation lay wait. The stands soon over flowed with spectator (as soon students learned that Justin would be dueling in a VR room, they called everyone they knew). Justin and Fog entered the stage on opposite ends, both propelled to the top via elevators. Stadium lights encased the arena in light.

Justin: No hard feelings when I beat you, right? All duel results are final.

Fog: Right.

Fog and Justin: Duel!

[spoiler=Chapter 2 Cogs of Fate]Sensei Angels classroom was empty. Not one student had returned sense the bell had rung. She had never been in a situation were the entire class didn’t show. She honestly wasn’t quite sure what to write on the attendance sheet. Then a student ran by the door way. She quickly pursued the student.

Sensei Angel: Hey. Where are you going in such a hurry?

2nd Year Student: Justin and Fog are dueling on the new VR system. Everyone’s already there.

The student escaped before she could get another word in.

Sensei Angel: Fog is battling Justin?

In the Duel Arena both players’ life points rose to 4000 on the wall-screen. The duel had begun.

Justin: I will start. Draw.

Justin looks through his cards and smirks. The crowd cheers bellow through out the stadium. The entire room was packed with patrons of Duel Monsters.

Justin: You’re out of your league kid. I summon [spoiler=Twin Headed Behemoth]26676ho2.jpg

in attack position.

The VR simulator activates, projecting the dragon onto Justin’s side of the field. He then sets one face down card which also visualizes on his field.

Justin: Cool isn’t it? You know, if it weren’t for my amazing undefeated streak, our school wouldn’t have got this wonderful machine.

Fog draws a card from his deck and places it with his other cards in his hand.

Fog: (To self) His monster is weak so why would he leave it in attack position? Does he want me to attack? Guess there’s only one way know.

Fog: I summon [spoiler=Maha Vailo]26676gy4.jpg

to my field. Then I equip her with [spoiler=Black Pendant]26676ig3.jpg

Maha Vailo’s attack points rose to 2050 due to black pendant’s effect, then to 2550 by her own effect. The VR system created a replica of Maha Vailo on the field. The audience was amazed with such a powerful low level monster. Justin didn’t seem phased; in fact he managed to maintain his smirk.

Fog: Maha Vailo, destroy his monster with Telekinetic Thunder!

From Maha Vailo arms came a barrage of bolts striking Twin Headed Behemoth destroying it. Justin’s life points drop 1050 points (Justin’s LP 2950). After the virtual smoke clears, Twin Headed Behemoth still exists on the field.

Fog: How is your monster still on the field?

Justin: My monsters special effect brings him back to the field after his own destruction.

Fog: I set one face down card and end my turn.

Justin draws a card, fan girls scream there lungs out.

Justin: I tribute my dragon to summon [spoiler=Flame Swordsman]26676xh0.jpg

to my field. But I’m not done yet, I equip my swordsman with the power of [spoiler=Salamandra]26676mr8.jpg

Flame Swordsman’s sword burst into flames illuminating the arena with a orange glow. Flame Swordsman’s attack power spiked 700 points, making his attack 2500 points. Justin places one more card face down (total two), and ends his turn.

Fog: (To self) He tributed and used an equip card, and his monster still can’t beat mine. What’s he planning?

Justin: You going to attack me kid?

Fog: Fine, Maha Vailo, destroy his monster.

Justin: Right into my trap, I activate [spoiler=Rising Energy]26676cq5.jpg

. Now my monster is stronger, counter attack Cinder Slash!

Bolts of electricity bounce off Flame Swordsman’s armor as his attack points rose to 4000. The swordsman jumps toward Maha Vailo, slashing her severing her in half in a single strike. Fog’s life points drop by 1450 points (Fog’s LP 2550), and Black Pendant’s effect reduces Justin’s life points by 500 points (Justin LP 2450).

Fog: You destroyed my monster on my turn saving you an attack on your turn.

Justin: Exactly, and now you’re defenseless for my next turn.

Fog: Don’t count me out yet; I summon [spoiler=Neo the Magic Swordsman]26676jd3.jpg

in defense position.

Deep in the sands Egypt, hidden in a lost pyramid stood a man draped in a cloak. Before the man was an object that he had spent his life in search of, the Glove of Amun Re. He grasped the glove in his hand knowing full well of the intense power the object possessed. One of his soldiers entered into the chamber after him.

Armored Trooper: My lord, we have reports that Septer has found our location and is on his way.

Cloaked man: He is a persistent one, take this glove and leave here at once.

Armored Trooper: But what about you my lord?

Cloaked man: I’m going to say hello to my old friend.

Both men exited the pyramid. The cloaked mans legion of troops all boarded the chopper which took of into the air, leaving the cloaked man behind. In the distance another large aircraft had just appeared on the horizon. A hatch opens on the aircraft, and five men with parachutes plummet from it. As they ascended from the craft, two missiles were blasted outward from the draft heading toward the cloaked mans craft. On contact the missiles erupted the chopper in flames. It crashed into the ground in a heap of smoldering fire. The first of the men landed in front of the cloaked man. He was dressed in red suit, fairly fancy for one in the dessert, and upon his face he wore a blindfold. The cloaked man was far too familiar with this man, he was Gladiolus Septer, they went way back.

Septer: Looks like you lost the battle my friend.

The cloaked man just stood there as Septer’s men landed next to him, each heavily armed with uniform guns and armor.

Septer: So this is the location of the Glove of Amun Re. I must admit, you are quite good at finding his stuff. Now if you don’t mind, hand over the Blade of Amun Re that you always carry with you, Eclipse, old friend.

Eclipse: You of all people know I won’t do that.

Septer: Fine, kill him.

Septer’s armed guards take am at Eclipse, but he quickly pulls out the Blade of Amun Re, and lifts it into the air.

Eclipse: Blade of Amun Re!

Eclipse’s entire body was then covered in a black mist, which forms the shape a raven. Bullets pass through the raven shade as it takes off into the sky and disappears in the distance.

Septer: Fine the glove in the wreckage, this wont be the last time we meet Eclipse. I guaranty it.

Angel entered the arena, and sure enough, Justin and Fog were in the middle of a duel (Justin LP 2450, Fog LP 2550). Fog had one monster in defense position, and two face down cards. Justin had Flame Swordsman equipped with Salamandra, and had one face down card. It had come to Justin’s turn.

Justin: It’s been fun kid, but this has gone on long enough. I summon [spoiler=Mataza the Zapper]26676eg6.jpg

and equip him with [spoiler=Lightning Blade]26676vs2.jpg

. This makes gives my new monster an extra 800 attack points. Also my monster has the ability to attack twice per turn, which means I will finish you this turn.

Fog: It’s not over yet; I activate [spoiler=Thunder of Ruler]26676da2.jpg

ending your battle phase. Then I activate [spoiler=Summon Watch]26676vz3.jpg

Justin: Okay, one more turn and your dead. I set one more card and end my turn.

Fog draws a card and a Turn Counter appears on Summon Watch.

Fog: I activate [spoiler=Card of Sanctity]26676md7.jpg

. We both draw until we have six cards in our hands. I activate [spoiler=Paralyzing Potion]26676kh3.jpg

on your Flame Swordsman. Now your monster cannot attack.

A potion appears on the field and shatters over Flame Swordsman, whose body gradually gets engulfed in stone.

Justin: My swordsman!

The turn goes to Justin, he draws from his deck.

Justin: Doesn’t matter, my Zapper can still attack twice. Go Mataza, destroy his Magic Swordsman!

Mataza the Zapper rushes toward Neo the Magic Swordsman, swords cocked, ready to strike.

Fog: I activate the effect of Summon Watch. I tribute Neo to special summon one monster from my hand, and I select my [spoiler=Twin Headed Thunder Dragon]26676vz1.jpg

!

Thunder booms as the Twin Headed Thunder Dragon appears on the field. The audience is awestruck by such a powerful monster.

Justin: The Twin Headed Thunder Dragon, one of a kind misprint normal monster, and the rarest card in your deck. Soon it will be mine.

Fog: Twin Headed Thunder Dragon, counter attack, Rage Strom Blast!

Justin: I activate my face down [spoiler=Yin Yang Dice]26676hm3.jpg

. This card’s effect is based on the roll of a dice, each number with its own devastating effect.

A dice appears on Justin's field and rolls a 3.

Justin: That result ends my battle phase, and skips your next battle phase.

Fog: Fine by me.

Justin: I tribute both my monsters in order to summon the [spoiler=Red Eyes Black Dragon]26676ct5.jpg

! What my dragon lacks in attack he makes up in potential. I activate the power of [spoiler=Inferno Fire Blast]26676xa2.jpg

Red Eyes fly’s up into the air and bombards Fog with a series of fire balls. Fog’s life points drop by 2400 points (Fog LP 150).

Justin: Your turn, but remember, you cannot conduct a battle phase so my dragon is safe. So there isn’t much you can do.

[spoiler=Chapter 3 The Chosen]The school yard was barren, but the seats of the stadium were overflowing with spectators. The scoreboard read ‘Fog 150 Life Points, Justin 2450 Life Points’. The turn had come to Fog, but do to the effect of Justin’s spell card he wouldn’t be able to conduct a battle this turn. Both duelists’ fields consisted only of their prized monsters. Justin with his [spoiler=Red Eyes Black Dragon]26676an4.jpg

, and Fog with his [spoiler=Twin Headed Thunder Dragon]26676be4.jpg

. Fog draws a single card from his deck.

Fog: I summon [spoiler=Six Samurai Nisashi]26676tu3.jpg

in defense position. Then I set three face down cards, and end my turn.

Justin: You ready for me to end this Fog? You didn’t do too badly, but no one expects you to beat me. I’m the best.

Fog: Just do your turn.

Justin: Hehe, very well. I activate [spoiler=Final Attack Orders!]26676mc3.jpg

Fan girls squeal over Justin using another one of his favorite cards. After activation, Nisashi changes its battle position to attack mode, revealing its weak power level.

Justin: Let’s end this, attack my dragon, Inferno Fire Blast!

The Red Eyes propels itself once again into the air, this time with its sights set on Fog’s samurai. Red Eyes shoots a huge ball of fire from its mouth and exploding on Six Samurai Nisashi shaking the arena. As the smoke cleared Fog stood tall, with his life points intact.

Fog: I activate [spoiler=Bolt Shell.]26676no1.jpg

This requires me to discard 1 card. Then I activate [spoiler=Cunning of the Six Samurai]26676he9.jpg

and [spoiler=Return of the Six Samurai.]26676hr1.jpg

My spell exchanges Nisashi with [spoiler=Six Samurai Zanji…]26676jo2.jpg

From the smoke emerges a new monster, and by his side is Nisashi.

Justin: No!?

Fog: And Return of the Six Samurai returns my other six samurai to the field while Bolt Shell prevents battle damage. And the thing about my samurais is that; the more six samurai on the field, the more powerful they become. Zanji counter attack with your special ability, burning horizon!

Zanji twirls his Naginata about, the tip glowing with neon light, then he slices it toward the ground creating a beam of energy with penetrates Justin’s dragon destroying it. The crowed is stunned, unable to fathom what had just transpired before their eyes. Justin had lost his best monster, and was now defenseless. Not only that but it was now Fogs turn. Fog shattered the silence.

Fog: Twin Headed Thunder Dragon, attack him directly. Thunder Strom Cannon!

A beam of pure electrical energy slammed into Justin's side of the field, reducing his life points to 0. Justin couldn’t speak, he had never lost before. Never. Suddenly, the stadium erupted in cheers. Angel couldn’t believe her eyes, but was cheering with the rest of them. Justin falls to his knees as his and Fog’s platforms descend to the floor. Fog walks over to him with Hayato by his side. Fog holds his hand out.

Fog: Hayato’s card.

Justin, still speechless, pulls Hayato’s card from his pocket, and drops it to the floor. When Fog finally gets a good look at the card he had risked his deck for, all the enthusiasm he had gained drained from him.

Fog: Hayato, your favorite card is a common.

Hayato: Yep. Isn’t it just the coolest card ever? I have like six of him, but this one is my favorite.

Fog walks away, grumbling to himself over the “good deed” he had just done. Angel tries to reach him, but do the swarm of spectators he makes his escape.

Angel: (To Self) Fog, you are just full of surprises.

The crowds of the stadium die down, the class rooms remain empty, and Fog returns to his humble little home. Upon arrival, Fog is shocked to find his door smashed open. After a quick inspection, Fog found that nothing was missing, but rather to objects existed that hadn’t been there before. The first was a simple unlabeled video type, the second; a glove with a strange symbol on its back, but nothing too remarkable. Fog turns on the video in order to find some sort of explanation, and before long, the explanation becomes apparent. Dr. Gladiolus Septer appears on the screen.

Septer: Hello Fog, seems strange calling you by that name.

Fog: You!?

Septer: You’re probably wondering why I am contacting you now after all these years. Well it’s very simple really; I need you to do something for me. I’m holding a Duel Monster tournament and I need you to join. I, of course, will compensate you with that which you desire most, and Fog, you know it’s in my power. There is going to be a boat Urayasu tonight at seven. Be on it. As for the glove, protect it with your life and it will return the favor. Fog, you have been chosen.

The screen drew a blank. Fog saw nothing special about the glove, but he pocketed it anyway along with his deck, and then left the room without looking back. It had been alone time since he had seen Septer, but there were questions that needed answers, and he wasn’t going to miss this opportunity.

Since their duel, Justin couldn’t think of anything else. If he had thought Fog’s face down cards were a threat, he wouldn’t have attacked, but he didn’t and he did. Over and over again he thought about it, so one could imagine that Justin was quite elated when he heard what the video type he found had to say.

Septer: …Fog will be in my tournament, so you will get a chance at your revenge. Justin, you have been chosen.

Eager to prove that he was still the greatest of all time, and that Fog’s victory was a fluke, Justin bolted out the door deck in hand.

Across the world, and deep under ground stood Eclipse draped in his signature cloak, standing next to a single armored guard, watching a video type.

Septer: …Mr. Gray, you have been chosen.

Eclipse: So he has been sending these across the globe.

Armored Guard: Yes my lord.

Eclipse: And you’re certain he doesn’t know we have one of these videos.

Armored Guard: With all respect my lord, nothing is really certain when it come to him.

Eclipse: Ether way, you will be his Mr. Gray, as well as my eyes and ears.

Armored Guard: My lord?

Eclipse: Wont be a problem, I need someone I can trust. Now go.

Armored Guard: Thank you my lord.

Far out in the middle of the sea there is an island. On this island, there is a castle where Septer resided. He was in a large room, to one end there was a large window, while on the other end existed a multitude of monitors. Each monitor displayed, as of that moment, one of the many boats that would soon set sail to the island. A man entered the room.

Septer: Ah, welcome Malici. You’re just in time. All the pieces are in place and soon my little game will begin. They are boarding the boats now.

Malici: Doctor, I still don’t understand. What is the purpose of all this?

Septer: Haha, oh Malici. Those answers will come in time. Your thinking about going back on our deal are you?

Septer walks over to Malici, and places his arm around him.

Malici: No, I will still do as you ask. I just wish to know why is all.

Septer releases Malici and heads toward the monitors. He pushes a button and the monitors alter their display screens.

Septer: Sometimes, sacrifices need to be made for the greater good. To save the world.

Malici is awe struck by what he sees one the screens. And he understands.

Malici: Save the world…

[spoiler=Chapter 4 Lost Treasures]

[spoiler=Chapter 5 Ambush's War]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Two more chapters are coming, the first is more of a character building chapter, and the second is more duel oriented. The first will come in the next few days.

Do any of my readers have any favorite characters yet? (Granted it has only been 3 chapters). Or does anyone have any predictions?

Archived