Devourer

Devourers concentrate on deck fattening. They work better with their Deck fattening.

[spoiler=Volume 1]

Devourer Liger Zero

1800/1500

Level 4

LIGHT Attribute

Beast/Metal/Effect

When this card destroys a monster, send it to your Deck upside-down. Then shuffle your Deck.

Devourer Gluttony

400/2000

Level 4

DARK Attribute

Fiend/Effect

FLIP: Destroy 1 card, and send 3 cards in your Graveyard to your Deck. When this card sends a card to the Graveyard by this card's effect or by battle, you may remove the card from play or add the card to your Deck upside-down. Then shuffle your Deck.

Devourer Scavenger

1900/0

Level 4

EARTH Attribute

Fiend/Effect

When this card is flipped face-up, you can add this card to your opponent's deck face-up. Then shuffle your Deck.

When this card is sent to the Graveyard, add this card to your opponent's Deck face-up. Then shuffle your Deck. Your opponent cannot shuffle their Deck as long as this card is in your opponent's Deck. When this card is drawn, your opponent skips their next Draw Phase and discards this card.

Devourer Parasitical

0/350

Level 2

EARTH Attribute

Insect/Tuner

When this card is flipped face-up, you can add this card to your opponent's Deck face-up. Then shuffle your Deck. When this card is sent to the Graveyard, add this card to your opponent's Deck face-up. Then shuffle your Deck. During your opponent's Standby Phase, discard 3 random cards from your opponent's Deck. When your opponent draws this card, he/she takes 1000 damage and Special Summons this card to its owner's side of the field. When this card is Special Summoned by its own effect, you can Synchro Summon a monster using this card during your opponent's turn.

Purge

Normal Spell

Activate only if 1 "Devourer" monster is on your side of the field. Add all cards in your Graveyard to your Deck, then shufle your Deck. Draw 1 card.

Machost Sea of Acid

Field Spell

During the end of your opponent's Main Phase 1, reduce the ATK and DEF of all monsters on your opponent's side of the field by 100 for each "Devourer" monster on your side of the field. When one of your opponent's monsters has 0 ATK or 0 original ATK, destroy it regardless of any other effects in a Chain. When a monster on your opponent's side of the field is destroyed, you can send it to your Deck upside-down. Then shuffle your Deck.

Devourer Dragon

2350/1850

Level 6

LIGHT Attribute

Dragon/Synchro/Effect

1 Tuner Monster + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

Once per turn, you may Special Summon 1 monster in your Deck owned by your opponent. When a card is added to your Deck, increase this card's ATK and DEF by 50 for each one, then shuffle your Deck.

Devourer Force

1200/1500

Level 6

LIGHT Attribute

Fiend/Synchro/Effect

When your opponent adds a card to their hand or to their side of the field outside of the Draw Phase, you can shuffle the card and 1 other card in their Graveyard into either player's Deck upside-down.

Consumption

Normal Spell

Select 1 card in your Deck owned by your opponent and add it to your opponent's hand. Then select 1 card your opponent controls and send it to either player's Deck. Shuffle your Deck afterwards.

Cyber Consumer Dragon

750/300

Level 8

LIGHT Attribute

Machine/Synchro/Effect

1 Tuner monster + 1 or more non-Tuner "Devourer" Synchro monsters

Increase this card's ATK and DEF by 50 for each card in your Deck. Increase this card's ATK by 350 for each card in your Deck your opponent controls. This card cannot be rmeoved from the field during your Battle Phase, and this card's attacks cannot be negated. When this card attacks, you may add 1 card in your opponent's side of the field to the top of your Deck.

Why are my threads ignored? Why is the Written Cards section ignored? Why? WHY?!

Before I start, I try to answer poor Ryuusei's problem here: maybe because forumgoers here adore pictures more (and are confronted by wastages of card text and effects) than the text themselves? Look yonder at the Realistic cards section; look how many cards have great art but near-pointless effects; look how many people praise a particular card for its grandeur, when in all actuality, sans image, the card sucks eggs.

Anyhow, the cards, dear sir; THE CARDS!

Liger Zero: What's a Metal monster? Otherwise, a great card; one so great this may be overdu for a Parshath-esque limitation.

Gluttony: I request for a better name and a better thought-out effect. As of now, it's a veritable clutterbox, one fit for some downsizin'.

Scavenger: A query arises - how does this card wind up in your opponent's Deck?

Parasitical: Horrible name. And, again: how does this get sent to your opponent's Deck?

Purge: The condition's too low for such aggrandizing power (TTP + Pot of Greed rolled in one)? Broken.

Machost: The combination of Venom Swamp and Burden of the Mighty - plus an aftereffect of your opponent's monsters being sent to your Deck - does not bode well for the legality of this card.

Dragon: This would be played for the first sentence alone.

Force: Text's too confusin' for me. Care to explicate?

Consumption: Decent card, this is.

Cyber Consumer: Remove the last sentence; 'tis too powerful, even with the accompanying summoning restrictions.

Before I start' date=' I try to answer poor Ryuusei's problem here: maybe because forumgoers here adore pictures more (and are confronted by wastages of card text and effects) than the text themselves? Look yonder at the Realistic cards section; look how many cards have great art but near-pointless effects; look how many people praise a particular card for its grandeur, when in all actuality, sans image, the card sucks eggs.

Anyhow, the cards, dear sir; THE CARDS!

Liger Zero: What's a Metal monster? Otherwise, a great card; one so great this may be overdu for a Parshath-esque limitation.

[b']A type I made up. I think that fake types are only useful when used often-and I do use this type often.[/b]

Gluttony: I request for a better name and a better thought-out effect. As of now, it's a veritable clutterbox, one fit for some downsizin'.

Scavenger: A query arises - how does this card wind up in your opponent's Deck?

See first and second sentences.

EDIT: Whoops, it seems like I put "your" instead of "your opponent's." T_T

Parasitical: Horrible name. And, again: how does this get sent to your opponent's Deck?

See above.

Purge: The condition's too low for such aggrandizing power (TTP + Pot of Greed rolled in one)? Broken.

Fix'd

Machost: The combination of Venom Swamp and Burden of the Mighty - plus an aftereffect of your opponent's monsters being sent to your Deck - does not bode well for the legality of this card.

Wait, how?

EDIT: Fix'd and understood.

Dragon: This would be played for the first sentence alone.

True dat.

Force: Text's too confusin' for me. Care to explicate?

Your opponent places a card on the field. You can shuffle that card, plus another one in their Graveyard, into your Deck.

It seems like I forgot to add "from their Deck."

Consumption: Decent card, this is.

Cyber Consumer: Remove the last sentence; 'tis too powerful, even with the accompanying summoning restrictions.

*changes, but doesn't remove*

"When this card is flipped face-up' date=' you can add this card to [b']your Deck[/b] face-up. When this card is sent to the Graveyard, add this card to your Deck face-up."

Shouldn't it be "your opponent's Deck"?

I fixed that before I noticed this post. :/

Well, seems alot better then my Nightmare Idea. However, there is one this, In OCGG, doent that say something like for you add to deck face down, "Add this to you deck. Suffle your deck afterwords"? and add this to you deck face-up like "Add this to you deck face up, then suffle you deck."

Just a little pick with that, or it be like I put it to the top and say, "It doesn't say suffle or were to put it."

"When this card is flipped face-up' date=' you can add this card to [b']your Deck[/b] face-up. When this card is sent to the Graveyard, add this card to your Deck face-up."

Shouldn't it be "your opponent's Deck"?

I fixed that before I noticed this post. :/

Well, seems alot better then my Nightmare Idea. However, there is one this, In OCGG, doent that say something like for you add to deck face down, "Add this to you deck. Suffle your deck afterwords"? and add this to you deck face-up like "Add this to you deck face up, then suffle you deck."

Just a little pick with that, or it be like I put it to the top and say, "It doesn't say suffle or were to put it."

Fix'd.

Also, you gave me inspiration for an arhcetype based on shuffling.

Archived