Sprite Showcase [154]

Shrekstasy

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You = Awesome at PokeSplicing. We should have a contest sometime, even though I'll most likely lose. The palettes are awesome, I'll use them sometime! But there is one Splice in particular that I would like to comment on... Replicate. It's awesome, but it looks very cluttered, but that's the intention right? Again, awesome Splices!

I heart your new splice, Pollucano.

A very original idea, and spliced together very well.

What's with the eyes though?

Also, I see you made a banner, like me.

It's not that good. The green looks wrong with the splices. That's why I went with a basic near black. Keep working on it.

Great splices! ^_^

I heart your new splice' date=' Pollucano.

A very original idea, and spliced together very well.

What's with the eyes though?

Also, I see you made a banner, like me.

It's not that good. The green looks wrong with the splices. That's why I went with a basic near black. Keep working on it.

Great splices! ^_^

[/quote']

Thankx, uh, it's the fumes got him high or something....

New recolors.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok' date=' before I go on to critique anything, I'll ask you, is there anything in particular you want me to critique? I know most people prefer their most recent stuff, but you never know. If you don't care, I'll just pick a few things at random.

[/quote']

Anything you feel could be improved, with the exception of the Rotom+Duskull & Golbat+Duskull, I know those are bad. =/

Update:

New sheets.

Crobat+Scizor+Electravire+Dusclops is Ok, but you have some mixture and texture issues I don't quite like. Metal claws don't quite match the rest of the body shape and texture. I also don't get how this thing gets around. Are those Crobat bottom wings suppose to be feet, or is it suppose to fly? Sorry if I'm being to logical, part of my nature though. There is a severe lack of Dusclops and Electravire.

Creative Idea on Glowshade, I like it. Thing is out of a personal liking I have, it has problems. Dratini and Sablye seem very under represented. There is also some blue border from sableye on the eye. The way you have it cut off on the top is a bit too flat and could use some rounding up.

Pidgeot+Slowbro+Onix has a common problem you seem to have, using a good even mix of Pokemon. Pidgeot is once again the top dog. The onix horn is also very out of place due to it's stone texture.

Well that's all I'll do for now. The thing about your splices and the mix thing I could be wrong about. With how you give them special names, I can tell perhaps you are going for something like creating your own Fakemon through splicing. If your intent was to not make a direct combination of multiple Pokemon, but to enhance or alter one, then your more on track. Hard to tell you purpose. If you are trying to make more "new" creatures with these, then I suggest adding more Pokemon. If these are less about the Pokemon chosen, and more about the parts added, then I say keep going. Add more pieces. Be sure to not over clutter, but decorate them with many different things. Instead of going "I want to use Charizard, but how?" Go "Hm, what could I use, let me look at some sprite, hey that tail will fit!"

As I said, these are just two possibilities. I'm giving both since I'm having a hard time figuring the purpose of your splices, To create new things, or to create a true combination.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived