Naruto: The New Set of Hands

keyblademaster20

AN: Note that I have posted this fan fic on another forum as well.

[align=center]

Chapter 1: Team 7 [/align]

School was about to start at the academy. I was sitting on top of my desk closing one eye. It didn’t seem really interesting since I had no rival. Sasuke, the idol of the academy, wasn’t even close to par with my skills, but he has been the closest than anyone else.

‘The worst part of being a ninja must be the waiting.” I mentally noted, ‘this is going to get boring, might as well close the other eye.’ My other eye immediately closed at the end of my thought.

“I WAS HERE FIRST!” Two annoying voices shouted breaking my train of thought. ‘Ugh what is that annoying voice? It is breaking me of my train of thought!’ I thought angrily. I opened one eye scanning my surrounding and a certain scene caught my eye.

“Give it up Sakura! I got this one!” The blonde girl shouted.

“No way in your life, Ino pig!” The pink haired girl retorted, “I was way ahead of you. I had to look back to see where you were! My toe was at least a tenth of an inch in front of yours!”

‘Ugh so annoying!” I thought.

“No I want to sit next to Sasuke! I was here first!” The blond girl shouted, “You must have been delusional Sakura!”

“No way, I was!” Sakura, the pink hair girl retorted, “Like I’m going to give up this seat for a pig like you!”

A whole bunch of girls joined the fight between who was going to sit next to Sasuke, while he just sat there ignoring the bunch. A boy with blonde hair than sat next to Sasuke’s left. This started a staring contest between them which led to a bad situation.

“Oops sorry are you all right?” A voice called out. Too late, by bumping into the blonde haired boy Sasuke and him was now dead locked in a kiss, which was really amusing. The girls were now glaring at the blonde boy.

“NARUTO YOU ARE SO DEAD!” The girls all shouted at once while he was choking.

--

The incident was amusing seeing Naruto being beat up by a bunch of mindless angry girls. Sasuke, as emotionless as ever just sat there next to a happy Saukra and a beat up Naruto. The door slid open and a sensei came in. It was Iruka with his natural look, pineapple like hair style, a scar that stretched across from one side of his face to the other, and he wore his chunin jacket.

“Welcome to you all!” Iruka opened up with a grin. “Now as of today, you are all ninjas… and to get here, each of you has faced difficult trials and hardships!” He scanned the class once, hands behind his back, and an illustrious position held before the eyes of all the students present.

“But that’s nothing! What comes next will be far more difficult! At this point, you are only Genin: first level ninja. All the Genin will be grouped into three-man-squads. Each squad will be lead by a Jonin, an elite ninja.”

This announcement caught the attention of the whole class. Murmuring erupted between students and groups, eyes looking about in confusion and surprise. Naruto, who was still recovering from the damages inflicted upon him by the mass of girl students, perked up at the news, blinking in surprise.

“Groups of three,” Naruto muttered to himself.

Sakura, who was sitting beside Sasuke, smirked and glanced up at Ino, who was sitting behind her next to Shikamaru. The boy ninja beside Ino left himself out of their conversation, but listened into it none the less with the deepest disregard or care.

“Groups of three, aye?” Sakura exclaimed. “Well, one of us will have to be teamed up with Sasuke!” Ino grinned back, holding up a fist in powerful statement.

“I bet it’s going to be me!” she exclaimed. “You just watch!” Sakura laughed lightly at that.

“Don’t count on it!” the pink haired ninja replied.

Sasuke raised an eyebrow, interlocking his fingers and propping his elbows on the desk. He considered the announcement in his head by circulating it a couple of times over, before eventually coming up with a very disappointing answer.

“An arranged squad?” he whispered, closing his eyes and letting out a sigh. His spirits seemed to lower with his positive thoughts about further training. ‘This’ll only slow me down…’

Naruto let a sigh escape his lips. He gazed into the backs of his eyelids in thought, his mind pondering the chances of his present position and to whom he was going to be teamed up with. Of course, he had definite, high hopes for this one!

As time passed the bickering started to stop. Iruka was still waiting tapping his fingers on his desk. I was just scanning the room for the hundredth time. Iruka was coughing really loudly holding a clipboard in one of his hands, which caught the attention off all the students in the classroom.

“Due to uneven amount of students in this class, one of the teams will have to have four members in it, but that doesn’t change the fact that you’re not going to be pared up toward an unfair advantage. We want each squad to have a balance of strength and abilities. It’s…basically the way we set them up!” Shrugging off the moment, Iruka turned back to the sheet of paper he was holding and smiled, eyes locking onto the first few names. “Okay…I will now be announcing the squads!”

From here, it was just the simple task of calling out the names, arranging all the students into their squads of threes. I decided to close my other eye knowing I was going to be called out eventually. What was the point of keeping one eye open for a long period of time knowing that I would be called sooner or later. Letting out a sigh, I went straight into a brief, meditative state, lingering just outside of that total sincerity of nothingness. For the next few minutes, starting with squad one, Iruka Umino began familiarizing each student with one another, those three who were arranged would come to know each other in whatever squad they were assigned too. It didn’t take long till the teacher eventually reached Squad 7.

Double checking the list to make sure he got it right; Iruka nodded and looked up towards the stands in front of him. “Okay…for the seventh squad we have:

Naruto Uzumaki…!”

The young, yellow haired ninja’s head lifted at this, eyes widening and a state of anticipation immediately falling into place.

“Sakura Haruno…”

The pink haired girl beside Sasuke reacted as expected to this announcement: glum with a slight mix of despair. Naruto however, was quite pleased by this, and let out an enthusiastic cheer. However, just as things seemed to darken around Sakura and brighten up for Naruto, the next name would make a complete switch on the pair’s feelings of the moment.

“Sasuke Uchiha…”

This time, it was Naruto who turned glum and Sakura to brighten up. Her friend Ino, of course, was in a state of dismay as well. The pink haired girl sitting in front of her turned around and gave her the ‘V’ sign, while sticking her tongue out as a further taunting action. In response, Ino fumed, gritting her teeth and fisting her hands. She looked like she wanted to bring Sakura down right then and there!

“Why you…!”

The girl that was sitting across from me in the top row, and had been gazing absentmindedly at Naruto, was a little disappointed to hear this announcement as well. Knowing that it was only a group of three for this one, she knew she missed out in joining up with the boy she was admiring. Hinata sighed and looked away, a little bit upset.

'I won’t be with Naruto then…'

Naruto, in protest to this announcement, stood up and pointed over at Sasuke. His sudden action surprised a couple of the students sitting around him, who immediately had their eyes fixated on him.

“Iruka sensei! Why do I, a great ninja like me, have to be teamed up with a slug like Sasuke? Could you explain that for me please?” the naïve ninja shouted more then asked. Sakura glared at Naruto with white eyes, with fangs seemingly growing in place of a couple of her original teeth.

Iruka took the young ninja’s statements blankly. Letting out a sigh, he fixated his sights on the yellow haired Genin, flapping the piece of paper so that it could enhance his next words. He wanted to make sure that Naruto heard this.

“Naruto…you should know that Sasuke is one of the only students to get the highest scores of all the graduates…” Iruka looked up at Naruto with a harsher stare then was expected, the paper scrunching up in his hand and almost ripping. “You on the other hand got the lowest score. So to balance out the skill levels, we had to team you up with a higher scoring student then you. Let’s just say it works in dominoes…”

The whole class laughed, with Naruto sitting back down with a flushed face. Well, that thoroughly bruised his ego. On top of that, Sasuke used this perfect opportunity to taunt his supposed group rival. He glanced at the yellow haired Genin with a smirk.

“Just don’t get in my way, you dropout…”

Naruto growled at the remark and started to glare at Sasuke and Sakura started to twitch.

Before anymore conflicts could arise amongst the pair, Sakura raised her hand, eyes firmly settled on Iruka. The instructor glanced up at the row and nodded towards the girl, acknowledging her raised hand.

“Iruka sensei! Just who exactly got the highest score out of all of us?” she asked.

Finding promise from this question, the teacher rubbed the tip of his nose before looking down at his sheet. After a brief scan of the names, he found the one Sakura was asking about and looked back up at the class.

“Well, it just so happens that that student is joining Team 7…your team I mean!”

Sakura blinked in surprise, with this announcement also catching the attentions of both Naruto and Sasuke.

“Really?” Naruto queried, his eyelashes batting with a very puzzled expression in play. This was only matched by his eager curiosity.

“Who is it, Iruka sensei?”

Iruka Umino smiled and glanced up at the row, right to the very corner, where he sought out the student hiding in the shadows.

“Yuki Shiro!”

All of the students trailed there eyes to the back of the room, soon finding me cross legged on top of the desk closing my eyes. I ignored all eyes that were staring at me and continued to sit there. Naruto and Sakura had surprised looks on their faces while Sasuke put on an amused one. Almost all his life he believed that he was on the top, and now he found out that someone actually surpassed him shocked him as well, but he was more amused than shocked.

“Her name doesn’t sound familiar…hmm…maybe another orphan or something…”

Once the attention had been torn away from me, including the silence of excited chatter from several of the girl students, every Genin present refocused their attention on their instructor. The remaining list of Teams was read out. Team 8 played host to Kiba Inuzuka, Shino Aburame and Hinata Hyuga. Lastly, Team 10 held Ino Yamanaka, Shikamaru Nara and Choji Akimichi. Now that all the teams were decided, Iruka could finally relax, and expect no complaints whatsoever. The students would either get used to their team, or get lost. It was their choice.

“Well then, it seems we have arranged all the students into their squads! Excellent!” Iruka exclaimed, nodding to each of the rows with a proud smile. “Now after lunch, you will all meet your assigned Jonin teachers. So until then, class dismissed…”

With that, the entire class filed out of the room, many of them wanting to get away as quickly as possible so not to attract any more attention then they already had. Sasuke was one of the first to leave, closely followed by said others, who filed out in their groups. Ecstatic at the prospect of meeting their new teachers, all the students left in a loud chorus of chatter. Naruto, Sakura, and Ino were the last to leave, followed later on by me.

~ End of Chapter ~

Chapter 2: A TEST? What TEST?

I was sitting in top of the tree looking at the sky. Nothing really happened well except girls looking for Sasuke, and Naruto transformed into Sasuke in opinion. I let out a sigh staring at the ground now with nothing to do.

“Might as well get back to the classrooms and get sleep.” I sighed soon disappearing.

--

Most of the teams had left already except for Team 7. Sasuke was looking out the window just waiting for the day to end; Sakura was standing near Iruka’s desk, while Naruto stood on a stool putting an eraser on top of the door.

“What are you doing Naruto?” Sakura asked.

“This is what he gets for being late!” Naruto replied happily, “The other teams are probably on adventures now and we are stuck here doing nothing!”

“A jounin won’t fall for it.” Sasuke sighed.

“Yeah Sasuke’s right!” Sakura strongly agreed, but deep down she wanted to prank her late sensei somehow. The door slid open and the eraser fell on top of a man’s head. He had silver like hair almost like a wolf’s fang, he covered part of his face with a mask, and he wore a green jounin jacket.

“HA he fell for it!” Naruto retorted!

‘Is he really a jounin?”

“Hello I am your sensei.” The man greeted, “my first impression of my new squad. They are all a bunch of idiots.”

The team went into shock and despair. A gloomy atmosphere soon arose amongst the team members, even Sasuke who usually wears no expression on his face what so ever was affected by his sensei’s words.

“Hm isn’t there suppose to be another student?” The sensei asked.

“Now that you mention it where is Yuki?” Naruto asked.

“I’m right here!” A voice cried. Two pairs of wooden hands came out of the wooden ground garbing the legs of Sakura and Naruto. They fell down right flat on their backs screaming until no tomorrow, Sasuke was shocked and fell of his chair landing on his butt, while the sensei raised an eyebrow.

“I’m here.” I said as my body formed from the wooden floor.

“Where did you come from!?” Naruto shouted.

“I was sleeping from down there.” I said pointing to the wooden floor, “I was bored so I decided to sleep here. I am not going to sleep on the desks.” Sakura and Naruto were trying to calm down, Sasuke regained his posture and stared out the window, the sensei was pondering on his own thoughts.

‘How did she do that? Oh well that might have just been luck.’ The sensei sighed mentally.

“Anyway I am Kakashi Hatake and let’s go!”

--

With quite a bit of time on their hands, the Team’s leader quickly moved them up to one of the courtyards up on the roofs of the institute. On there trek up, nobody said a word, all four students recovering from their shocking analysis report by the teacher. When they reached the courtyard, the silver haired Jounin lead them to the lookout point of the wide roof expanse, where he bade them to take their seats on the forward steps, as he propped himself up against the railings of the perimeter safety fence.

Naruto sat on the left next to me, legs crossed and innocent look on his face. I extended both of my legs with my arms flying in the air yawning at the same time. I had a sleepy expression on my face and I couldn’t wait to get this over with. Sasuke just sat his behind down in a pretty much common sitting position, with his chin propped on his interlocked hands. Sakura sat with her knees pulled up to her chest, and gazed heartedly at their teacher.

Resting there feet from the ordeal up here, Kakashi performed one last perspective scan of the group, before bringing up the topic he was most interested in getting on with. It was a common process, but none to shabby for a teacher of his position. They had only just met anyway.

“Alright then…why don’t you introduce yourselves…one at a time,” Kakashi instructed, crossing his arms and looking from one student to another. Sakura blinked, furrowing her brow at the teacher.

“Introduce ourselves?” she repeated. “Well…what’re we supposed to say?”

Kakashi shrugged, holding his hands out to the side as he gave a random list he could think of from the top of his head. “Things you like…things you hate…dreams for the future…hobbies…things like that? Nothing complicated, just…talk about you in general.”

Naruto tilted his head curiously. “Well then…umm. Why don’t you…say something about yourself, sensei? You know…just to give us an idea of what to say!”

Kakashi pointed at himself. “Me?” he queried. “Well…I’m…Kakashi Hatake. Things I like…and…things I hate. Hmm…I…don’t feel like telling you that…” Naruto and Sakura raised eyebrows up at him, letting out puzzled murmurs, whereas Sasuke and I just sat quietly. Kakashi went on. “Dreams for the future…well…I never really thought about it…and as for my hobbies…heh…I have lots of hobbies!”

Sakura frowned and glanced over at Naruto with a scrunched up face of short annoyance. “That was totally useless. All he told us was his name!” Naruto nodded in agreement.

Kakashi then gestured towards them, nodding his head. “Okay, your turn. You’ve earned the right, why don’t you tell me about yourself,” the Jounin exclaimed, directing his words towards the yellow, spiky haired student.

Naruto grinned, thumbing his head band. “Believe it! I’m Naruto Uzamaki! I like instant ramen in a cup, and I really like the ramen Iruka sensei got me at the Ichiraku Noodle Shop! But I hate the three minutes you have to wait after pouring the hot water in the ramen cup! My hobbies are eating all kinds of ramen and comparing them! And my future dream is: to be the greatest Hokage! Then the entire village will stop disrespecting me and start treating my like I’m somebody! Somebody important!”

Kakashi nodded, raising an eyebrow at the young ninja. ‘Hmm…he’s grown up in a very interesting way…’ With a final nod, he glanced round at the pink haired girl. “Alright then…you’re next!”

The ninja girl beamed, her face lighting up with a light tint of pink to be seen on her cheeks. “I’m Sakura Haruno! What I like is…uhh…” Well…from here it was just a jumbled up mess because the girl couldn’t help but glance continuously in Sasuke’s direction, and flounder in the dreams of hooking up with the Genin. This meant that the real things she liked, her dreams for the future and her hobbies didn’t come out straight. This made Kakashi sweat drop.

“And umm…things you hate?”

She glared over at the yellow haired ninja. “NARUTO!”

The young boy she directed this towards fell over anime style, making me stare down at his twitching body oddly and Kakashi sigh. With a shrug, the silver haired man shook his head and stared at his feet.

‘Girls at her age are more interested in boys then ninja training…oh boy…’ He then glanced up at the boy in blue, whom he already knew as Sasuke Uchiha. However, he still wanted to make sure his information was correct. “Okay, your turn!”

The spiky haired boy nodded, his eyes overshadowing. “My name is Sasuke Uchiha. I hate a lot of things, and I don’t particularly like anything.” Sakura looked at the young ninja with quiet surprise, eyes batting and a concerned feeling sprouting. Her ears perked at the words flowing through to her. Kakashi, Naruto and I also listened in carefully, absorbing every word that came to them.

Sasuke furrowed his brow. “What I have is not a dream…because I will make it a reality. I am going to restore my clan…and destroy a certain someone.”

Kakashi nodded upon hearing this, giving his student a more concerned look and extra thought. Of course, a different reaction was had with each of the other Genin sitting around Sasuke. Naruto, who was faced with the wrath of Sasuke before, was the most nervous out of all of them. The others didn’t seem nervous though.

‘Gees…I…I hope he doesn’t mean me…’ Naruto thought.

Sakura sighed, ignoring everything else that was said and giving the boy a loving stare. ‘Sasuke is so hot…’

Kakashi differed from either of them with a intense stare, his right eye flashing above his cloth mask and headband.

‘Hmm…just as I thought…’

Once the tension subsided all the attention turned to me. Everyone was interested on what I was going to say, so I let out one random yawn.

“OK how about you?” Kakashi asked.

“Me?” I asked pondering a thought for a moment, “my name is Yuki Shiro. You guys don’t really need to know what I hate, I like to be on my own from time to time, sleep, or to look at the sky, my hobby well I have a lot of them, and my dream.” I paused and pondered another thought, “haven’t thought that far ahead yet.”

‘That was so informational.’ Sasuke thought sarcastically, ‘how am I supposed to surpass her if I don’t know her weakness.’

‘That was so boring.’ Naruto thought then yawned.

‘I can’t believe that she’s a girl. Looking at the sky is so romantic!” Sakura thought.

‘Um that was interesting.’ Kakashi mentally sweat dropped.

“Good! You’re all unique and you have your own ideas. It’s certainly pleasing to see such originality in all of you!” the Jonin exclaimed. He then crossed his arms and directed a satisfied stare towards them. “We’ll have our first mission tomorrow morning.”

Hearing this announcement brought a smile to Naruto’s face. With a lighthearted laugh, the yellow haired ninja grinned and made a mock salute of excitement. “Alright! What kind of mission are we talking about?!”

Kakashi glanced at him, arms still folded firmly over his chest.

“It’s a task that the five of us will do together!” he calmly replied. The four students in front of him became more interested by the second. They all waited eagerly to hear the rest of it, anticipation overtaking the moment. It wasn’t too long till Kakashi concluded his statement of mission to the Genin, making it perfectly clear to them. “A survival exercise!”

Naruto blinked, easily becoming confused. “Huh, a survival exercise?” Sakura furrowed her brow at their teacher.

“Hey! I thought we were supposed to have a real mission! Not more practice!” she spoke up in favor of the others. Sasuke and I remained quiet, giving the teacher a more hardened stare, while Sakura continued on. “We already did this stuff at the academy! That’s how we got here!”

Kakashi nodded in understanding. This meant that the other teachers have yet to fill them in on the later parts of their graduation. “This isn’t like your previous training, I assure you!”

Naruto tilted his head at the teacher, raising his hand in question. “So uhh…umm…what kind of training is it then?”

Kakashi chuckled at this, shaking his head. Sakura and Naruto glanced at each other, giving the other a curious look before glancing back over at their teacher. Sasuke and I did the same to each other, only theirs was just a shift of the eyes before they found themselves latched back on to the laughing Jonin. In the meantime, Sakura grew quite flustered at their teacher’s response, and decided to open her question towards it.

“Hey, hold on! That’s just a normal question! What’s so funny!”

Their teacher smiled up at them. Aside from the fact that you couldn’t see his grin thanks to the mask he wore over most of his face, you could tell he was amused. He held up a hand and gestured in reassurance. “If I tell you…I can guarantee that you’re not going to like it!”

The four students opened their ears, giving their teacher their utmost attention. Each spiked their own curious expression, and each of them was ready to respond to the following explanations to come. Kakashi placed a hand on his face and gave them all the steel look, making sure they all caught his words.

“Of the 28 graduates that just came here, only ten will actually be accepted as Genin. The other 18 will be weeded out and sent back to the academy. In other words, this is a make it or break it, pass-fail test. And the chances that you will fail are at least 66 percent!” Naruto, Sakura, Sasuke didn’t respond too well to this news, while I was unmoved. This was all bad news for them, well for Sasuke,Sakura, and Naruto that is, they reeled backwards in shock, Naruto and Sakura sporting wide eyes, whereas Naruto and Sasuke flinched with frustration. Admiring the looks they all sported, Kakashi smirked and nodded. “See, I told you that you wouldn’t like it.”

Naruto growled and began speaking out his mind, to no surprise from the other three. “That’s crazy! We worked hard to get here! Believe it! What the heck was that graduation test for anyway!?”

Kakashi blinked, leaning back up to a proper sitting position. “Oh that! Well, that was just to select candidates who might become Genin…or not!”

“What!” Naruto shouted.

“That’s how it is!” the Jonin replied. “I decide whether you pass or fail. Be at the designated training spot by 5 AM. And bring you ninja gear,”

Naruto gritted his teeth and balled his fists, glaring down at them with determination sparkling in his eyes. With a final growl of frustration, he shook his head and closed his eyes, his thoughts dragging on. “Well…I’m not going to be weeded out! People are going to look up to be some day! I’ve got to pass this test. Believe it! Believe IT!”

Sakura’s head was filled with similar thoughts, only these were a determination to stay close to a certain someone. Of course, these thoughts would be considered as awkward by a lot of people. “If I fail…I’ll be separated from Sasuke! This is a trial of love!”

Sasuke didn’t say anything as he regained his posture, while as I let out a tired sounding sigh.

“I knew there was a catch to this,” I said.

Without anything else to say, Kakashi stood up and saluted to them, a smile set underneath his mask. “That’s it, you are dismissed…” But then, another thought suddenly occurred to him, and he glanced back towards all his students. “Oh and by the way. Tomorrow you’d better skip breakfast otherwise…you’ll puke!”

Okay, now this was definitely bad news for the four of us because I don’t feel like puking.

~ End of part 1~

Part 2

Next Morning…

As ordered by their superior teacher, Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura showed up at their planned training site for their first mission. Having needed to get up early to be there, two of the four of them had missed out on precious beauty sleep time. By two, this meant Naruto and Sakura. As the two sluggishly marched to the center of the designated field they were practically sleep walking; mumbled words of ‘morning’ escaping their yawning mouths. Sasuke on the other hand, was wide awake when he arrived. He compensated for the early hours by going to bed early, and waking up after having exactly eight hours of sleep, which meant he felt really good. With their backpacks laid in the center, the three stood at attention, and began the long process of waiting.

It was precisely 5 o’clock when they arrived, and for the next several minutes, they stood and waited for their teacher to arrive. Those few minutes then turned out to be several hours as the three stood and waited. If that weren’t enough, Yuki hadn’t arrived yet, which really concerned them since they needed everybody present in order for the training to commence. As the time ticked by, the sun began to appear from over the mountains beyond, lighting up the sky in a heavenly glow of orange and purple. It eventually rose to the point where the light blue of sky tone was full and lively. By this time, Sakura and Naruto were sitting on the ground in exhaustion, catching some Z’s. Sasuke on the other hand continued to stand, waiting and keeping watch.

Just as the sun began to peak around ten, the group’s teacher finally decided to show up. With a stride of silence, he crept into their midst, with a casual smile on his face and a stance that suggested he had gotten a really good night of sleep. He waved to his students and announced his presence.

“Good morning everyone!”

Naruto and Sakura immediately leapt to their feet, pointing immediate accusations the moment they caught sight of their teacher. Sasuke didn’t bother.

“Hey, you’re late!”

Kakashi chuckled and pointed over his shoulder, a bead of sweat running down the side of his head. “Well umm…a black cat crossed my path, so I had to take the long way!” he exclaimed. Naruto and Sakura glared, whereas Sasuke just stared with his arms crossed. When he allowed the moment to sink in to them, their teacher straightened his stance and looked around, finally acknowledging the absence of the forth member of his troop. He scratched his chin in thought. “I see that we’re missing one of you. Where’s Yuki?”

“I’m right here!” A voice cried. Two more hands then came from the ground poking Naruto and Sakura. The three Genin let out yells and shocks seeing hands coming from the ground. A body formed and I emerged from the ground. Kakashi raised an eyebrow at his forth student.

“Why were you late?” he asked me. I pointed at the ground for a moment and looked up,

“I was here at midnight so I decided to get some sleep. I wasn’t going to sleep on the ground now was I?” I explained.

“Well, isn’t that something!”

The three Genin on the ground leapt to their feet and turned on the forth member of their group, crazed and angered looks on their faces.

“HOW THE HECK DID YOU DO THAT?!” Naruto shouted.

“WHAT ARE YOU, A ZOMBIE OR SOMETHING!?” Sakura screamed at him.

I couldn’t help, but smile at them, “I just can’t help myself. Sorry…”

“YOU’D BETTER BE!” Sakura screamed again.

“Alright then students, lets begin!” Kakashi called out, drawing all of their attention to him again. The four students turned around, eyes locking onto the silver haired teacher, where they saw him set down an old style timer on top of the tree stump. Once it was propped and ready, he pressed down on the button and smiled up at his students. “There! We have until noon till lunch time!”

The whole gang blinked, Naruto and Sakura being the most puzzled of the lot. Sasuke and I on the other hand just stood and watched with their ears and eyes wide open. It was then the four of us saw their sensei pull out three ball-bells from his jacket pocket, red strings attached to them and light jingling sounds emitting from them. Kakashi jiggled them in front of the four so that they knew what their objective objects were. He smiled at his students.

“Your assignment is simple. You just have to take these bells from me!” the Jonin exclaimed. “That’s all there is to it!”

With a growing smirk, he then nodded over to three, thick logs set up on the edge of the clearing. The four students glanced over at them, all the while listening to our teachers instructions. “If you can’t get them by noon, you go without lunch!”

“WHAT!” Naruto shouted in disbelief.

Kakashi smiled. “You’ll be tied to those posts, and you’ll be forced to

watch me eat my lunch in front of you!”

Naruto let out an orchestrated cry of despair, with an expression to match it. Sakura clutched her stomach and stared with distress and foolishness written all over her face. Sasuke had the same expression, only he looked more like a food deprived adult. I just sighed because unlike some people before I left the house I actually ate something.

‘No wonder he told us to skip out on breakfast…’ Sasuke thought.

‘He just wanted to make it harder on us!’ Sakura thought as well. It was only after her thoughts of despair she quickly noticed an important visual fact looming over Kakashi. This struck her as strange, and she pointed at the bells he was clutching. “Hey, hold on! There are four of us here, and there are only three bells! What’s up with that?”

Kakashi smiled, flipping the three small bells into his hand and gripping them tightly in his palm. “Well that way, at least one of you will be tied to a post, and ultimately disqualified for not completing the mission! That one goes straight back to the academy! But then again…all four of you could flunk out and be sent back to the academy…” He jingled the bells one last time, taunting them.

Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura all glared, dropping into stances and readying themselves for the next parts to come. Kakashi took their preparations to get into this as positive, before bringing the bells around to his side.

“Now, you can use any means necessary to get these bells from me, including any weapon you so desire, including Shuriken! If you’re not prepared to kill me, then you’ll have no chance of getting these from me!” the teacher stated. Sakura blinked and stepped forward, a look of worry shooting across her face.

“Those weapons are too dangerous sensei!”

Naruto laughed, glancing back over at the spiky haired Jounin warrior, “Especially since you couldn’t dodge that eraser!”

Kakashi frowned and turned to the hot-headed ninja, eyes hardening on the short fry. “Class clowns are usually the weakest links. You can safely ignore them: lowest scores…losers!” Naruto blinked, his surprised expression suddenly turning into an angered one. Kakashi flowed through with this death glare and shrugged, placing a hand on his hip. “When I say start, you can begin!”

In a blink of an eye, and without a show of hesitation, the brash young Naruto reached into the small bag on his right thigh, and drew a Shuriken knife. Twirling it on his finger, he clutched it into a downward stabbing grip and brought it above his head. With a yell of anger, he prepared to make an attack. But before he could even take a single step, he suddenly felt his wrist get grabbed from behind and a strong hand clutch the back of his head, forcing him forward. All of a sudden, Kakashi appeared behind him, getting him into a lock that Naruto certainly couldn’t break out of. The point of his Shuriken was directed right at the back of his head!

Sasuke and Sakura stepped back in shock, looking up at the teacher that had suddenly appeared right behind Naruto. I however made no attempt to move, and just stood there with his arms at his sides and eyes locked onto the teacher. With a slight twitch of his eyelid, he clenched his fists and gritted his teeth.

'Boy he’s fast…' Sasuke thought.

Kakashi glared down at the boy he had trapped and at his mercy, his right eye flickering in the light of the sun. “Don’t be so hasty! I didn’t say start yet!”

A few seconds after having Naruto locked and unable to do anything, the Jonin suddenly released him, allowing the young ninja to stagger forward and rub his sore arm. Spinning around, the yellow haired Genin growled and glared hatefully at his trainer. Sasuke and Sakura were still stunned beyond belief.

'I didn’t even see him move!' Sakura thought.

Kakashi stared at the young Naruto for a few more seconds, before smirking and nodding at him. “But…you came at me with the full intention of killing me! So…how can I say this…?” He glanced around at all four of his students, seeing them all leering at him with venom and determination seen in their eyes. With one last thought of consideration, he smiled and looked back over at Naruto. “I’m actually starting to like you guys!”

The four of them gathered up in front of their teacher, concentrated looks on their faces, and hands fisted. Once they had arranged themselves in their set order, Kakashi nodded to them, his hands also fisting, with the bells hanging at his side.

“Get ready…” he began, watching the four of them drop into prepared stances. He smirked. “Get set…and…” The tension was high…

“GO!”

The four Genin leapt through the air, disappearing with speeds far greater then normal human capacity. Within seconds, they were gone…

~ END of part 2~

Interjecting a random character in an already established universe, throwing him in the middle of events for no particular reason except to distort the rules of said universe, as well as godmodding him as appropriate for the author's pet... bad. Really bad.

Seriously, you have a lot to learn about Mary Sues, and writing fanfiction in general. It's a shame, because really, your descriptive and narrative skills belong to the upper echelons of at least this site's food chain, and your grammar, syntax and structure are nigh-flawless. But what you did there... not good, man. Such blatant Mary Sues kill the story right off the bat, no matter how good the rest is.

And please, for the love of all that is holy, do not be insulted by this post. Not everyone knows how to do things properly right off the bat, and all you need is to be given a small insight into the workings of fanfiction and original characters. I can't help but criticize you over this, though. Pretty much everyone would.

Archived