If someone artistically inclined could aid me, I would be most appreciative...

aaronpoe1988

Good day. I am trying to make my set as real as can be: Every card fair, most cards useful, and follow the current American pattern. (80 card set + 10 Secret Rares; appropriate amount of each rarity, and, most importantly, introduce two new themes per set while making the rest of the set support for older themes.) Now, this was all going well and good, until I got to where I am now, and this is why I need help. I have a few cards in mind that, well, would require artwork based on or exceedingly similar to currently existing cards in the game. And I am not an artist. Some things, I can find; I can fudge a little on a fusion, for instance... But some things, like a completely new roid monster, or new fusions amongst the VWXYZ monsters... I need a real artist for, as I am sure they are not going to look right without the style of a, for lack of a better term, professional. As of this moment, I really don't have much to offer; I can rep, I assume, as well as give away the few points I have, but I only have so much to give; So, I am basically, despite my personal bias against this, asking for what one could inherently call charity. I will list the cards of interest below; If you do artwork of the Anime-Manga style in your spare time, or even professionally, and are willing to help out an aspiring card maker who really wants to make something of these cards, please PM me; hopefully I can get some help on these. Thank you, all those who take the time to read this post.

EOJH-EN035

VWXYZ-Tiger Catapult Cannon

Light/Machine/Fusion/12/3000/3000

V-Tiger Jet+W-Wing Catapult+X-Head Cannon+Y-Dragon Head+Z-Metal Tank

This monster cannot be Summoned except by Fusion Summon. You may discard 1 card from your hand to destroy 1 card on your opponent's side of the field. If your opponent has no cards on his/her side of the field, he/she discards one random card from his/her hand instead. Negate the effects of all Non-Light/Machine monsters on the field. Also, the effects of Monster Cards that activate in the Graveyard are negated.

Basically the VWXYZ fusion from before, but this time I need it to have an actual background... a barren-ish landscape with Hero City (the location for Skyscraper 2) in the far distance, either off to the side or behind it. Yeah... I'm doing some theme tying. Oh yeah... :)

EOJH-EN036

Cyber Chimera

Light/Machine/Fusion/12/2000/1500

This monster cannot be Summoned except by Fusion Summon. This monster is unaffected by the effects of all Spell, Trap and Monster cards, excluding itself. During battle between this card and a Defense Position monster whose DEF is lower than the ATK of this card, inflict the difference as Battle Damage to your opponent's Life Points. During your Main Phase, you may pay half your Life Points. This monster's ATK and DEF are doubled until your next Standby Phase.

Quite simply, this should be a Five-headed Cyber Dragon, based on the following principle: The bottom would be the stereotypical Cyber Dragon tail at max length, like the STON Cyber End Dragon. (Yeah, we're doing the black ones here.) And the five heads, from left to right on the beast, should be as follows: "Cyber Dragon", "Cyber Laser Dragon", Middle head of "Cyber End Dragon", right head of "Cyber End Dragon", "Cyber Barrier Dragon", but all done in the coloring style of the STON 'Cyber End Dragon'.

EOJH-EN038

Gear Golem the Repaired Antique

Earth/Machine/Fusion/12/4000/4000

Ancient Gear Golem+Ancient Gear+Red Gadget+Green Gadget+Yellow Gadget

This monster cannot be Summoned except by Fusion Summon. If this card attacks, your opponent cannot activate any Spell or Trap Cards until the end of the Damage Step. During battle between this attacking card and a Defense Position monster whose DEF is lower than the ATK of this card, inflict the difference as Battle Damage to your opponent. If this card destroys your opponent's monster by battle, inflict 600 damage to your opponent. If this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent, destroy a Spell or Trap on your opponent's side of the field.

Ancient Gear Golem with a newer surface look, a seemingly platinum version of Ancient Gear Golem, with the surface effects of Gear Golem the Flying Fortress. The joints would actually be Ancient Gears and Gadgets.

more to come, shortly. I have them done, but I don't have the time to post them right now.

The themes we would need to touch on are (as of 09-01-07) the above, E/D Hero, Archfiend, Spirit of the Pharaoh, Roid, Gradius/Boss Rush, and Gilford/Armed Samurai/Gearfried the Swordmaster.

Please, any help will be greatly appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

I am thankful for your offer, newcas. Respond to my PM, and we can speak of it.

Any one else have the capacity to help? It would be GREATLY appreciated, and contribute to the pack, and maybe, eventually, the game at large. And, when I acquire suitable points if you are willing to wait, I will of course compensate all contributors. (based on merit, of course; don't just show me a squiggle and tell me to pay up)

also, it should go without saying you will definitely get at least one rep for donating your time and efforts to my cause.

Archived