Duel Academy GX [Still Need More People To Join]

Barkit

I'm pretty sure you all are familiar with the title and it's reference to the Yu-Gi-Oh! world. Well just like the show, this RP will take place in Duel Academy. Here's a little twist. We enroll at the same time the characters from the show do. You can still be your own character but you will also be allowed to interact and duel with the main characters from the show. The storyline can go along with the show and/or you can add side events such as field trips and contests and such. In order to join, you must post a bio of your character and in that bio, you must include which dorm you are asigned to. You can also make up a deck to use by using your knowledge of the cards in the game or you can use your own cards from your deck in real life. Also, if you ever duel a main character from the show, you must use the same cards they do on the show, meaning you must know all the cards in their deck. And depending on how long you make the duels, you can maybe change a couple of cards in their decks to fit the pace of the duel. Sorry, no custom cards allow.

:!: BIO FORMAT :!:

:!: BIO FORMAT

I'd like for you guys to make your bios and PM them to me so I can add them to the page. Use the format below to make the bio. Also, you can add pictures to your characters. This is, of course, optional. Oh and for age, it has to be between 14-16. We are first year students after all.

Name:

Dorm (Slifer Red, Ra Yellow, Obelisk Blue*):

Character Description/Personality:

Type of Deck:

History (Optional):

For those who wish to join but don't know too much about the vast amount of cards or just don't want to be a student but still a duelist, you have the option of becoming a teacher or another side character. Basically as a teacher, you live out your own life and days and during class, you ask question that have to do with Duel Monsters and such. You can also have a dueling deck if you wish but the students are generally better than the teachers. As the saying goes "Those who can't duel, teach." The teachers don't really know what every specific card does but they have to know how and when it has to be used if they do know a little something about it. Also remember, we are all first-year students. You can't make yourself a graduating or a returning student. I don't know why but I just have a feeling that I should do it this way, otherwise things might get a bit out of hand...

*There are two seperate dorms. One is for guys and the other is for girls. They aren't close to each other so they won't be able to interact directly.

:!: Character Bios :!:

:!: Character Bios

shugo.gif

Name: Streek

Dorm: Slifer Red

Character Description/Personality: Streek is duelist who relies on his speed and instinct to win his duels. He can come up with some brilliant strategies in an instant and he always keeps his opponents guessing. While his deck mostly stays the same, his tactics change in every duel, even if he faces the same opponent more than once. He has won and lost his fair share of duels but he is still an exceptional duelist inside. On a normal basis, he is a cool person who always tries to do what's right and he values everyone close to him greatly. He will step in to help a friend in need without hesitation and he will always stand up for what he believe is right. One might say he's a hero at heart, which might be why Jaden sees Streek as more than just another decent duelist...

Type of Deck: Streek's deck is a combination of dragons and warriors with abilities that specialize in keeping monsters on the field.

History: Even as a young boy, Streek was always the one to play the hero. When he first became a duelist, he wanted the bravest looking warriors and the feircest looking dragons to match. His first card was a dragon that quickly became his favorite card and he will never give it up for anything. To this day, he still uses that card in every one of his duels for it has always helped him in the past...

If you've chosen a dorm and you wish to change at some point in the RP, you can schedual [sp?] a Dorm Exam. It's a test you take to determine what dorm you should go to depending on how high you score. If you do that, let me know and I can make the exam up myself. Don't worry, I'm gonna be fair and realistic about it.

[align=center]SUNDAY, 3:24PM

SEPTEMBER 16[/align]

(Cue Grand Entrance Music) The sky was a clear blue and clouds were smoothly sailing by as an airplane shoots through them at a high speed. It was a large exotic airplane that was first class all around. It seemed to be heading towards an island that had a single large building jetting out from the vast forest that surrounded it. Onboard the plane, the pilot makes an announcement to all passengers.

Attention all passengers. We will be arriving at Duel Academy in approximently 15 to 20 minutes. Please make sure you have all of your personal belongings and we will now ask you to please turn off all electronic devices that send out wireless radio frequency waves as we are preparing to land at this time. Also, please make sure that all trash has been properly disposed of before exiting the plane. Passengers on the right, if you look out your windows, you can actually see Duel Academy as we approach it. Thank you for choosing Kaiba Airlines for your world travels and we hope that you will choose us again in the future. Have a nice day. A student attending the school looks out the window to get a view of the island and the academy. He was a young boy that has sky-blue hair and he had a light-red berette-like hat on along with a vest and pants of the same color.

Whoa! This is awesome! I can't wait to land and check out the school. I can't believe I'm actually here. This is like a dream come true! He had a huge smile on his face as he stared out the window. The plane was getting closer and closer to the ground every minute. All the students were getting excited. When they finally landed, everyone rushed off the plane and they were all gathered outside in front of the school. Soon, there was an announcement that told everyone to proceed inside the school and head to the gym. The kid looked around him as he followed the crowd inside. There were signs posted on the walls that told everyone where to go so no one would get lost. Wow...looks like a lot of students enrolled here. I know I didn't see this many here at the Entrance Exams. Huh? Hey, it's that kid... Jaden Yuki. He's the one who beat Dr. Crowler at the Entrance Exams. I hope that I can be as good as him... I wonder what dorm he got assigned to... A few moments later, all of the students enter the gym and grow silent as a bald man in a red robe-like jacket stepped forward onto a stage. He pulls out a microphone and begins speaking.

Duelists of tomorrow! I am Chancellor Sheppard and I hereby welcome you all to Duel Academy!

680401.jpg

We really hope you will enjoy your time here as you learn the finer things about the Duel Monsters card game. You will learn all the fundamental tricks and strategic plans that the game has to offer. I hope you all are just as excited as I am! I am really looking forward to this year and I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of skills and potential you all possess. May your dueling spirit and soul blossem as you grow here to become the next... KING OF GAMES!!! All the students began to cheer at those words. Now then! In order to offically become a student, you must be assigned to a dorm. Here's how it works. There are three dorms vacant here at the academy. First is the Slifer Red Dorm. Then it's the Ra Yellow Dorm. And Finally, the Obelisk Blue Dorm. Depending on how well your grades are and how you fared during the Entrance Exams, you will be assigned to a specific dorm. Obelisk Bue is the dorm for duelists who show exceptional skills and intellegence towards the game. They are the most experienced ones. Ra Yellow is for students who show promise and great potential to make it out there in the dueling world. And Slifer Red is for students who may still have a few things to learn but they are still worthy duelists above the average duelist. Everyone please proceed outside to the main hall in order to get your dorm assignment and your dorm blazer. At that moment, students began to charge outside, eager to get started on their new lives at the academy. As students rush out of the gym, Chancellor Sheppard made one last comment as he chuckled and grinned. I hope you all will have fun here. I expect a lot from all of you. Inside was a long line of students that stretched back to outside of the school. It helped that there were five seperate lines that lead up to a long table where there were assistants with laptops giving out the information the students needed. After about 15 minues in line, the student from earlier steps forward to claim his entry.

Hello and welcome to Duel Academy. What is your name?

My name is Streek. The assistant types the name into the laptop and in an instant, his information was pulled up.

Ah, there it is. The dorm you are assigned to is Slifer Red. Here is your blazer and your PDA. She hands Streek a red blazer jacket and a small electronic handheld device. Please have a nice day and enjoy your time here. Next in line please... Streek leaves the counter and goes to look around the school. He is amazed by everything he sees. The first room he enters is the Duel Arena. It was a huge place that was the size of a football stadium. He steps inside and looks around. He slowly makes his way to the center of the arena and he looks straight up at the brightly lit ceiling. He is amazed beyond words.

(Cue Friendly Challenge Music) Hey there! Looks like we both had the same idea to check out this place, huh? Streek quickly turned around to see who's voice it was echoing. At the entrance is Jaden, wearing his Slifer Red blazer. Streek was surprised to see him here of all places, and even more surprised to see him wearing a Slifer Red blazer. He was certain that Jaden got assigned to Obelisk Blue if not Ra Yellow.

judai.jpg

Hey, you're Jaden Yuki, right? I saw your duel against Dr. Crowler. Everyone couldn't stop talking about it ever since. Dr. Crowler is the headmaster of Obelisk Blue, the elite dorm. To think that someone like him could be defeated like that, at a practice match no less. You're amazing.

Hey now, cut that out. You're embarassing me, ha ha ha. Jaden looked down at Streek's arms and saw his blazer and his PDA resting on top. Oh! I see you have a red blazer too. Guess that means we'll be in the same dorm. I'm looking forward to this year. Man, this is gonna be so sweet! Well I gotta jet for now. There's still so much more I want to see. I'll catch ya later! Oh yeah, I almost forgot. What's your name, dude?

Huh? Oh, my name is Streek. I'm glad to meet you, Jaden. I hope I'll see you around more often. Jaden just grins and dashes off. Jaden... I hope there are others like him. Now I'm really excited about being here!

[align=center]SUNDAY, 5:30 PM

SEPTEMBER 16[/align]

(Cue Primitive Techno Music) HUH?! This is our dorm?! But it's so....ahhh! Streek stands alone in front of the Slifer Red dorm. It looks like a tornado carried it from a wasteland. Sure it was right on the edge of a cliff where the ocean was at the bottom but it looked like it would collapse at any moment. After a while, Streek enters the dorm and follows the students to the cafeteria for an orientation. When he arrived, he sat at a table in the middle of the room. Just then, he heard many student complain at the type of food left in front of them: a bowl of rice, an anchovy, and a tiny lobster. Nothing more, nothing less.

What?! You call this a welcome dinner?

I've got bigger chuncks than this stuck in my teeth!

Why are we the only ones who get the snack while everyone else gets a banquet?!

You think this is bad? Check out our dorm headmaster. He's a cat! Everyone turnes to the front of the room and sees a cat yawn as it lays on the main desk.

Streek sighs as he looks down at his small food tray. Suddenly, a man walks through a door and introduces himself to everyone. He had black spikey hair that was short in the front but long in the back and he had thin glasses. He had a white shirt with dark-gray pants and he stood tall above everyone else.

Daitokuji.jpg

Hello, everyone! It's a pleasure to see you all here at Duel Academy. Please allow me to introduce myself. I am Professor Banner and this is my faithful cat Pharaoh. I am your dorm headmaster and I'm sure that we will all get along just fine. Now then, before we eat, why don't you all introduce yourselves to everyone? Eating sounds can be heard through the silence. Streek looks behind him and sees Jaden already eating the food that sat in front of him. Across from him was a kid who had hair that was the same color as Streek's. He was short and he also had glasses.

Jaden! You're suppose to say something about yourself!

Ok! I am so loving this food, it rocks! Hey Syrus, are you gonna eat your fish?

Aw man! Here comes Professor Banner. We're in for it now... Jaden stops stuffing his face as Professor Banner stood over them.

Since some of us would rather stuff their faces than introduce themselves... Streek shakes his head as he worries about them.

Uh-oh, this is it. No one expected Professor Banner's reaction.

Let's all dig in!

[align=center]SUNDAY 8:13PM

SEPTEMBER 16[/align]

(Cue Homebound Journey Music) It was not night and everyone was inside their dorms adjusting to the new lifestyle around them. Streek got lucky (or unlucky) enough to get a room by himself. On his bed, he finds a duel disk in a large brown box. After opening the box and pulling out the duel disk, he slips it on his left arm to try it out. It fit smoothly and it was light too. He inserted his deck and it fitted nice as well. After his brief moment of getting a new gift, he hops on the bed and lays down while staring up at the ceiling thinking about what this year would be like. Just then, there is a knock on his door.

Hm? Oh, come in! The door opened and Jaden and Syrus enter.

Well, if it isn't Streek, who is apparently... our next door neighbor. It looks like you're feeling right at home already. And I think it's awesome that you have all of this space to yourself.

Yeah, I guess. But I would have liked to have a roommate...

Ha ha! Oh well. Beggers can't be choosers, I guess. But seriously, don't feel too bad about it. You got all this space and you'll always see everyone at school. At least you won't ever have to complain about having lousy roommates like our roommate, Chumley. Just then, he is interrupted by Syrus.

Hey Jaden! Arn't you ever gonna introduce me to your friend here?!

Whoops, sorry about that. Streek, this here is my buddy Syrus.sho.jpg

It's nice to meet you, Streek. I hope we're not bothering you or anything... Streek shakes his head and grins.

No, you guys are just fine. In fact, I'm glad you guys came. Now I don't feel as lonely knowing you guys are right next door to me.

Well that's good. Listen, if you ever need anything, just give us a yell. We'll catch ya later, Streek. Jaden exits with a wave. Syrus follows.

See ya, Streek. It was nice meeting you. As Streek slowly doses off to sleep, he can't help but still feel the excitement of being at the school of his dreams. He's already made some friends so he won't have to worry about being alone. He just hopes that he has what it takes to survive as a duelist against the other many duelists on the island. Tomorrow is the first day of classes and Streek can't wait to get started. (Cue Good Night, Until Tomorrow Music)

Do you guys think the way I have the dialog set up is confusing? If so, allow me to explain it. If I introduce a new character, I say so before they speak so you'll know who it is based on their color. All NPC-like people (unimportant background people basically) are only gonna be in bold so you'll know it's just some random person speaking.

If you guys don't like that, what I was thinking as an alternative to get rid of the confusion was puting the name of the person talking and then what they say, like this for example

Bob: Hello, my name is Bob.

Just let me know what you guys want me to do, I have no problems doing either one.

Name: Zaar Hirnomoto

Dorm Slifer Red

Character Description/Personality: Zaar is a normal kid, horrible grades, good at dueling, likes to sleep through classes. His roommate is streek and they duel atleast once aday. He might be a bad student but that doesnt mean hes a bad duelist.

Type of Deck: Different from 9 deck

a29a5.png

Yes, I got it. You guys can post anytime you want.

Chaos Remix, since your character's gonn be my character's roommate and my charcter's already asleep, you can have your character first enter the room at some time after 8:30, since that is when Jaden and Syrus left the room and my character doze off to sleep for the night. I guess you could say you were out exploring the island or the dorm arrangement system took longer for you or something, but If you've already got something in mind then go for it. Just remember to follow by the guidelines that are posted up at the top.

ooc: ok

Wow this Island is big...... I finally found the dorm atleast, wow its a dump. Lets see this is my room here *Opens the door* Looks like hes already asleep i cause i might as well go to sleep myself.

((Oh, 'cause I thought the profiles were going to become added on the page, guess it doesn't matter though. But since, I've got the go, how do I start off? By arriving at the school late or just Role Play my character's day? On another note, I think the color dialog is fine. Also, I'm having second thoughts to whether I should just stick to being Slifer Red, or take a test by you. Anyways, I think I'll just start where the RP left off. I'll say my character arrived in time, just was being quiet most of the time.))

A youthful student laid on his bed with his arms placed at the rear of his rested head. The boy’s blazer placed on a wooden chair besides a small old desk. The room was small, square and had little room, no closet and a plain soft scarlet color painted on the walls. The area looked tarnished, elderly; the space was definitely not new or top of the notch stuff. A bed with used sheets and blankets, the wall had a patch of damages, scratched and tares from the side of the bed.

Mike was assigned to a lone dorm, the best quality of the bedroom was the window above the writing desk, at least you had a view of the ocean from the small smashed building. Reminiscing of the day’s events he was astounded by the luck of the scholar, named Jaden. Mike was there when the schoolboy was late to sign ups. He was also there as he watched him duel Dr. Vellian Crowler in the practice game. He remembered Jaden’s last turn as it was happening again in front of his eyes, Mike couldn’t stop feeling somewhat mystified by the sudden victory, was he somehow cheating? He couldn’t have for Mike would have noticed for he was staring so vigorously, trying to spot a wrong in Jaden’s game play.

Jaden's twist in his final turn when approaching his move about his defeated Avian, which he next used at that moment to play The Warrior Returning Alive whereas the card's effect allows him to bring Avian back to his hand. Then playing Polymerization to fuse his Burstinatrix and Avian to create the Elemental Hero Flame Wingman. Crowler’s face somewhat impressed with Jaden's move, but points out that Wingman's ATK points aren't high enough.

Jaden kept his calm as he played Skyscraper and has his Wingman attack Crowler's Golem. Jaden wins his practice duel as the rest of the students applaud Jaden's performance. Mike ignored it, he had to find Jaden’s secret. Immediately, Mike rushed to the dorm, till suddenly a voice of a man halted his movement, how could it be? The kind of games Yugi Moto was there before him.

Mike alertly turned to face the spiked hair legend, “You’re running? Remember each duel is a fight with your heart, that is the answer…” The deep-voiced tall male with a puzzle roped on his neck, black tank top, and trio dye in his hair. Mike’s eyes widened on impulse, how did he know what he was thinking, was it a guess? No, it was too accurate to be, how did he identify that his thoughts wandered to the win of Jaden.

Mike didn’t reply, and simply nodded, dubbed of his real intention, skeptical he was of that fact. Yugi walked away without second words and Mike returned to the dorm, meeting the headmaster and remaining silent through out the rest of the coming night. Little he ate as his thoughts rushed in his head. Reality had snapped back into his brain, and he was fast asleep.

• 4 weeks later...

(OCC: I'm in, General Barkit, Sir. What are your orders, Sir?

Name: Major Tomas West

Dorm: Teacher/Stratagies

Character Description/Personality: He is very stric when it comes to giving order and having them be obeyed. However when he is not teaching classes or drilling with the Air Force he is very kind and will duel anyone who challenges him. If Duel Acadamy or the Air Force gets too quiet he challenges people to duels to shake things up.

Type of Deck: Water/Machine

History (Optional): Clasified.)

Time:0900

A really mad Major Thomas West looked out at the empty class room. He just did not under stand why the students did not get to class on time. To amuse him self, Major Thomas West set up his duel training simulator and seting the life points to 2000 for him self and 4000 for the simulator he decided to test his deck.

Major Thomas: "All right, simulation start, Random Deck Simulation."

Duel Simulator: "Understood, sir. life points are set and deck is ready."

Major Thomas: "LET'S DUEL!"

(Major Thomas: 2000)-------------------------------------------------(Duel Simulator: 4000)

Major Thomas (Drawing his sixth card): "I will begin by playing my Toy Soldier Captain (atk:1200 def: 0) in attack mode and laying one card face down. My turn is done." (The Image of a Toy Soldier apears on the field and one face down apears behind the monster. Major Thomas now has 4 cards in hand.)

Duel Simulator: (Drawing 1 card from deck, hand at six.) "i set two cards face down and end turn." (Two face down magic/trap cards apeared in front of the simulator, Four cards in hand. )

Before Major Thomas continued he again looking over at the empty seats, hoping that his students would arrive soon.

(Major Thomas: 2000)-------------------------------------------------(Duel Simulator: 4000)

what about a twist of coincidence i am Yaden i am jaden's older brother.

Name: Yaden Yuki

Character Description/Personality: Just like his brother jaden always happy and ready for a duel. But still he is sometimes weary serious when it comes about his younger brother he loves him as much as dueling.

Type of Deck: Pyro-see here- http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/showthread.php?tid=11399

History (Optional): You know jaden's history it quite the same just with a few changes i am OLDER. HAHAHAHAHA ups sorry i mean i am older. :D

• 3 weeks later...

Name: Kintio

deck type: Revenge of the Heartless

Bio: A boy chosen by the Heartless to bring them back. He added twists to the deck, and stuff. He is a guy that likes to have a good time, but has a tendacy to be crazy.

He plans to rule the world with Children's Trading Cards.

Dorm: Obilisk Blue

likes: yugioh the abridged series, wolfs, dragons, Squirral Monkey, maplestory etc. (a whole lot of stuff)

dislikes:people jumping on his bed, crap, Guys named Bob, and a whole lot of other s***)

ESPICCALY GUYS NAMED BOB! >:(

jobs: playing computer and PS2

Fire.jpg

Name: Yui Casheda

Character Description/Personality: The pitcure is the what she looks like. She wears the red jacker and a long skirt

A very quite person. When she duels most think of her as lethargic. (lazy)

Also she calculated every possible strategy to her deck for most every situation.

She does seem destint from people. She is very protective of the people she cares about.

She cares very much about all her cards.

History: When she was very little she was moved orphanage to orphanage. The only thing she had that she called hers was her deck, and the only thing she had to honor her families memory. Families would not adopt her, because of her ben in trouble for lighting on fire. (she don't do that anymore)

"So it slifer red is it." Yui begins to wonder the halls to inspect the class rooms. Glacing ramdomly at the other new students. "Well from what it i can see the female red dorms all mine." After searching the school grounds for a while. Ahh there it is. Hhhmmm, best make the best out of this run down building. Walking throught the doors for the welcome dinner.

"Wow this place is pratacly devode of any life. Oh well," Setting down for the dinner that she thought would be as nice as the blue and yellow dorm. "Okay crudy shake as a dorm and cheap food." Affeter eating she walked to her room. "Guess it time for bed." Yui lays down and goes to sleep

• 2 weeks later...

Name; Silvanna

Age; 15 (Firs year starting as a Seconed Year)

Gender; Female

Dorm; Slifer Red

Personality; has very Lt. Drive, tends to relax and only do the min. nedded to get by. When dueling however goes over all card rules and loop-holes to find ways to win. (when dueling trys to have fun and toy with opponent within reason, and taks advanted of their inexperiance) Tends to stay out of the sun Because she burns Easily

Apperiance; 5' 4" 101lb Silver Hair, Green Eyes, And Pail Skin

Archived