Child Of The Night Time.

Jace Beleren

Freezing. It was absolutely freezing in Domino city. The rain was so heavy that even the smallest amount of time out in it could soak you right through. The wind was like daggers against one’s skin, thunder roared in the sky. Who would be out on such a night? None other than Ryou Bakura.

The poor boy had been kept behind in school to catch up on some work he had missed. So now he was forced to run through the terrible storm. Another strong gust of wind nearly blew Ryou off his feet. The winds were getting far too strong now.

He quickly ran down one of the near by alleys. No, it didn’t provide much cover but it did stop the wind from ripping through him completely.

He sighed and leaned back against the wall, trying to catch his breath. He really needed to get more exercise. No wonder Bakura called him weak half of the time.

His thoughts drifted to his Yami. Would Bakura worry if he was home late? Did Bakura know the meaning of being worried? Ryou didn’t think so, but it couldn’t hurt to wonder.

Soft whimpering snapped Ryou back into the real world and out of his thoughts. The sound was coming from deeper within the alley. Could it be some type of animal? If so, was it hurt? Now, normally Ryou would leave something like thing alone, but his curiosity always got the better of him. So, he slowly started to descend deeper into the alley.

He soon came to realise that there was another person in this alley with him. It was a child, a little girl to be exact. She sat on the ground with her legs pulled up against her chest, her gold hair matted in many ways, she was almost covered in dirt, but her skin was almost porcelain pale. She wore a tattered and very worn looking white dress, its colour had faded into some type of grey, her feet were bare.

“Hello.” Ryou spoke softly, trying not to frighten her.

Her head automatically snapped up, she looked no older than six. Her eyes were the most amazing colour of light blue, they almost glowed, they held so much innocence and something else…..A certain sparkle that Ryou couldn’t put his finger on.

“H-Hello, Sir.” She whimpered quietly.

Ryou frowned slightly and kneeled down in front of her. She jumped slightly, shifting back as if she had expected Ryou to hurt her. Her bright orbs were wide with fear, her sweet small red lips were parted, as if letting out a silent cry.

“It’s alright. I won’t hurt you. What’s your name, sweat-heart?” Ryou asked with a small smile.

She frowned and paused, as if deciding whether to trust Ryou or not.

“My name is Claudia, Sir.” She replied.

“That’s a lovely name. I’m Ryou. What are you doing out here? Where’s your parents.’’

The child simply shrugged.

“I have no home.” She said, ignoring Ryou’s second question.

Ryou’s heart almost broke into a thousand pieces. Had her parents been killed? Had she been left to die?

“Well, I can help you, Claudia.” Ryou said, extending a hand to her.

Claudia once again frowned and paused. She seemed to be very intelligent, a child of her age would have taken his offer without a second thought. Finally she reached up and took his hand.

She was freezing. Almost like a block of ice.

‘Well, of course she would be cold! She’s been in this weather for God knows how long!’ Ryou mentally scolded himself.

And so the two set off to Ryou’s home. Although Ryou was almost desperate to help this strange child. There was just one thing he was worried about……….Bakura.

plz rate and comment

Archived