Abolish Rep System!

• Administrators

It needs to be done! It is serving absolutely no purpose at all right now except cause skirmishes between members! Either make it so it can only be used in relation to a trade, or cast it away to hell for eternity!

LET'S DO IT!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I agree. Masta and HORUS have been having rep wars for a while. I look at peoples' reps and I see comments like "You gave me a negative rep, so I'll give you one back." It should be abolished, reserved for trades, or, a less extreme measure, limit the amount you can give out in a certain period.

Mmmm... perhaps hold a poll, with the option of either abolishing it or limiting the amount of reps you can give. An idea I had was even simply eliminating negative reps, which are the source of most of the problem. Positive reps seem fine, but they should be reserved for Contests, Tournaments, or great ideas. I think limiting the reps to one a week/fortnight might make things change...

I see your point, but sometimes positive reps can be for members doing things that make the forum generally a better place, as well as, as you stated, contests and the others. Take a look through Danilus' and my reps to see what I mean.

But that defies the point, say someone did something really good like have a really good idea for the forum, someone else made a really good card, and another person one a card contest you were holding, one of them is going to have to wait a month and a half (depending on whether they had already given one for that fortnight).

It is far easier to abolish the entire system.

you need to change how the rep system works. u should be able nonimante + / - rep but if a member does a mod should chek to see if they sould -/+ rep. also rep should also be mesured on how much u r posting by how long u have been on the forum, coz the current rep system doesnt work properly coz i post alot and iv got no rep while i s people with less than 100 posts and they lyk +5 rep.

• Administrators

Yeah Horus has really been going overboard with the rep system. Also he's been arguing too much. For example he's going to reply to this post with some sort of controversial comeback, even though what he should do is take into consideration what I'm saying and try to use the rep system less.

I will lock this thread, but it is a perfect example of the problem of threads in arguments, the one reply that was justified to an extent by yugiohmasta444, ended up in 4 members making 'hostile' posts. yugiohmasta, I am not blaming you, please take note of that. I'm just saying we need to somehow resolve this problem of in-fighting. Perhaps some group angre-management :lol: .

On a final note, I would like to express my opinion which is that I completely agree with Falling Pizza, the rep system should be destroyed. :lol: 8)

• 2 weeks later...

I am unlocking and re-igniting this debate as I have a new idea, and I'm sure I'm not the first one to think of this...

The Positive Rep system.

It's so simple, we just have a Rep system for positive stuff; this entirely eliminates the problem, unless I've missed a flaw. Anyway, since the Feedback thread seems to be handling it's job very well, I think we should try this, if it is possible, of course. So, in simple terms, the thumbs down option disappears, and all that is left is the thumbs up, for positive stuff, like winning contests and general good stuff.

Agree? Disagree? Thoughts?

Heres my view, we should abolish the rep system not entirely only keep it for trade purposes. Its quite obvious that people abuse the rep system to get at one another it was a good idea to start with but its just went downhill from there. In regards to contests I think that points should be enough or just for fun.

I am unlocking and re-igniting this debate as I have a new idea' date=' and I'm sure I'm [b']not[/b] the first one to think of this...

The Positive Rep system.

It's so simple, we just have a Rep system for positive stuff; this entirely eliminates the problem, unless I've missed a flaw. Anyway, since the Feedback thread seems to be handling it's job very well, I think we should try this, if it is possible, of course. So, in simple terms, the thumbs down option disappears, and all that is left is the thumbs up, for positive stuff, like winning contests and general good stuff.

Agree? Disagree? Thoughts?

Hmmmmm, Idk... I guess it sounds okay, I guess, hmmm, I want to say something but I can't really put the idea into words. I guess it might give people a... that doesn't sound right... Idk, it sounds overall okay I guess. :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

Archived