Ante- New Tech?

I was going through the underside of my bed when i found this little tool. Ante. at first look i thought it was trash, but than i read it a little more carfuly. for those that don't know Ante's effect, where they just started or not to familiar with older cards here it is.

Each Player selects 1 card from his/her hand, then looks at the Level of the selected cards. The card with more Levels returns to the hand of the player who selected it. The player who selected the card with fewer Levels takes 1000 Life Points damage and sends the cards to the Graveyard. If a non-Monster card is selected, it is treated as Level 0. If they are the same Level, each player returns his/her card to his/her hand.

Okay, again at first look some people would say EWW that card sucks! BOOOOO!

But think about this. Lets say ur running a normal deck. What is stoping you from using Summoner's art and sellecting that trust worthy BEWD! thats a powerful 8 stars. And since your opponent already saw that beautiful engine of destruction, why not just reveal it again? Its a 1 for 1. 1 card out ur hand for 1 card out your opponents, and they take 1000. Its like a faster Thestalos, but instead of a Max 800 damage (realy no monsters over 8 stars gets used alot) they take 1000, and u dont have to worry about too much Dark world teching because they get sent not discarded.

Or, lets say ur using E-hero? Stratos fetches u a husky e hero or d hero and again, vola! I dont know, just looking for the next confiscation now that its banned and i dont think ante is that bad of a card.

true' date=' but more damage could be applied through alternate methods.

cards such as Ceasefire, and Thestalos' effect is almost as good.

though it is not a very bad card, i dont see it being run.

[/quote']

Your right, there are much better Burn cards, but i realy dont care that ante burns, i care about the fact that my opponent is getting cards out of their hand. I mean with confiscation banned and spirit reaper being harder and harder to use, Ante is a great step in. The burn power is just a plus in my eyes, nothing more.

hey kids!

do you have a problem with that ? i mean its just a saying.

No, just making an observation.

... I'm gonna go draw a Wraith, a Specter of sorts... yeah, that sounds like a good idea.

About Ante.

Thinking outside the box is awesome, and your explanation even makes me excited about (at least) trying it out.

Runs to deck... oh yeah... I locked it 500 feet under ground

*tear*

Ergh... it's a possible dead draw, that's the real problem. You need level 7 monsters to consistantly win at it (with Monarchs and Jinzo at 6 pulling ties) so to score a 1-1 even break you'll need high level monsters. This also conflicts with the fact that many high-level monsters are difficult to play effectively.

Thus Ante has a chance... but I don't really think it'll be teched on a large scale.

This is true, but it is way to easy to insure yourself a high lvl monster now. Weather its sangan snatching uria (i doubt that will hapen, but its a possibility) Summoner's art bringing out somthing, stratos searching for something, i mean ITS NOT FOR EVERY DECK, but any deck with big creatures can surly benifit from it. alot of decks now have DMOC, so... just gotta use ur imagination. sigh

This is true' date=' but it is way to easy to insure yourself a high lvl monster now. Weather its sangan snatching uria (i doubt that will hapen, but its a possibility) Summoner's art bringing out somthing, stratos searching for something, i mean ITS NOT FOR EVERY DECK, but any deck with big creatures can surly benifit from it. alot of decks now have DMOC, so... just gotta use ur imagination. sigh

[/quote']

Also whats stopping the supporters? I mean you can use it after trap dustshoot. That neautrolizes any compitition. Mind crush. I mean LOL C'MON PPL! ^_^

Archived