[Star Wars] Soldier 991, James Newl.

Snitch

~Welcome to my first fan-fic on YCM. Many people at my school and my family enjoy my writing, so I decided to put it to the test on a popular forum. This story is about a Republican Soldier, James Newl, and his journey during the Star Wars times. ^^

Well, hope you like it.

[spoiler=Prolouge]Soldier 991, James Newl, stepped onto the vast deck of the Ruby Dock. He stared in awe through his helmet at the amount of Clones stepping around him on the deck, talking about things in general. Most of them, not to James’ surprise, were talking about the 501st‘s recent manoeuvre in the Space Battle half a parsec from both Tatooine and Geonosis. James hadn’t actually participated in that battle – he had been on Tatooine at the time, clearing off a few Geonosians that had deployed from a drop ship the CIS had provided.

A hand came on James’ shoulder, and he turned around to see 887, or Robert.

“Hiya 991. Have fun clearing up Tatooine?” Robert said. You couldn’t see it, but you could tell he was grinning behind his mask. He had actually participated in the battle, and had received The Brave Soul badge for it. I mean, come on, he takes a ARC-170, lands it in a Confederate Ship, takes back a Strike Bomber and gets applauded for it? In James’ opinion, he had done more on Tatooine.

“Hell yeah. Time of my life.” James replied, running a finger across the blue line on the arm of his suit. He felt the surge of power running through it – all the suits have lines of energy through them. It helped the soldiers to recover faster and dispense their energy at a lesser rate, while emitting a small electronic charge that the upper Commander’s of the Republic could track and transmit from, if, say, any one soldier got lost in space.

The Ruby Dock creaked as it turned slightly, travelling closer to Kamino. James turned and looked outside the energy shielding of the hanger. The galaxy was peaceful tonight – stars twinkled in their wake, a few planets were visible, rotating around the universe at a slow pace. James sighed. It had been a while since he’d been out there, piloting an ARC or a V-Wing. He wasn’t the best pilot, but he certainly wasn’t the worse either.

Suddenly a red alarm flashed and a siren sounded, and James drew his rifle from his back as a reaction. One of the ship pilots were stating about a hull breach, though his voice was filled with static. The connection was bad, and they were naught but 100 metres apart. The Mon Calamari Cruiser squeaked and whined as something collided with the lower deck. Right near to James a fusion cutter began to split through the iron floor, coming from the deck below. James rolled to the left, landed on his knees, and pulled up his rifle, pointing it at the soon-to-be-hole.

Ok, more to come soon. :3

Archived