Raelen vs Spire! Splice Battle! -ENDED, LOCK!

Spire

Who's do you think is better?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who's do you think is better?

Right, well I was challanged by Raelen to a splice battle. The rules, are dead simple:

Rules

Winner gets 3 reps.

End date is 2 days, (22nd Dec).

Please post and say why you voted for that person.

[spoiler=Spire]

1ptk0h.png

Pokemon used

Steelix

Diglet

Dugtrio

Sharpedo

Torterra

Rhyperior

Aradactyl

Onix

Kangaskhan

Ghastly

Aggron

[spoiler=Raelen]

66i7og.png

Pokemon used:

Snorlax + Exploud + Umbreon + Kangaskan + Torkoal + Spiritomb

Well I went with Spire. The choice wasn't easy. I can't really tell what is put into Spire's except Ryhperior and Ghastly, there might be some Onix. Raelen's has weird mixture of themes, like the eye like things all over the body. Dark energy orbs and smoke also. So too many different things that don't seem to unionize. One could say Spire should win because of the more advance techniques used. Well because he used those, he made more errors because of it. Using advance techniques doesn't guarantee the win, they have to be done right and look well, or else they aren't very appealing. Well even though he had more errors, the final product I find more appealing, even with the out of place tail and horns. I'm sure though if I continue to this critique I might strengthen my doubt about my vote. The two are very close, and my decision I made with just a quick look over, to avoid too much self confusion and doubt. Also depending how you two want to do this, stating what was used may be wanted. I myself would lean differently possibly if I knew exactly what was used.

Well I hate to go off topic, and it is a matter of opinion, but that arguable. Making a new thing out of them defeats the purpose of combination in my opinion. There is making Fakemon through the style of splicing, in that case where you take Pokemon parts and use them to make a new Pokemon. In that situation you want to blend and hide the pieces, because you're making something knew. To some people that is the 'true' meaning of the word splice. Combining Pokemon for the sake of seeing what they look like together, for the sake of those Pokemon used, you'd want to recognize them. If I ask for a splice of all my favorite Pokemon lets say, and in there is Raichu. When it's done and I see no Raichu, I see this weird and new thing, but none of my loved Raichu. This is what some people will actually call "fusing" or "fusion". Now the preference between a Fusion and Splice can be argued, along with definition. Some people can see fusion being one thing, Fakemon making another, and splicing to be the term used for the style of moving parts around. The important about contests sometime is to maybe state what the purpose of it.

I'm lazy, I group both fusions and splices and call them splices. I though do recognize a difference in the two though. I see Spire's as a splice, Raelen's as a Fusion. That's what makes this a hard decision in this match. To decide which is better is hard, they are different styles. Are water colors better than colored pencils? Are apples better than roast beef? That's why I decided quickly on my decision, using my gut instinct. This contest though is hard to judge between skill, a lot of it is actually person preference between the styles. One could argue this is more of a poll.

Spire, I like how you added scratching in to you sprite, but is the tail supposed to be colored differently then the body? if so then you fail. I also don't like the gass theme behind it. The shading for most rocks is also off, unless you meant them to be lines.

Raelen, Why is there a random line going across the Snorlax's stomach? I don't have any real hates to this sprite, but it is quite basic anyway.

I'm going with Raelens.

Spire' date=' I like how you added scratching in to you sprite, but is the tail supposed to be colored differently then the body? if so then you fail. I also don't like the gass theme behind it. The shading for most rocks is also off, unless you meant them to be lines.

Raelen, Why is there a random line going across the Snorlax's stomach? I don't have any real hates to this sprite, but it is quite basic anyway.

I'm going with Raelens.

[/quote']

The "line" is a pouch from Kangaskan. ^_^

Spire' date=' I like how you added scratching in to you sprite, but is the tail supposed to be colored differently then the body? if so then you fail. I also don't like the gass theme behind it. The shading for most rocks is also off, unless you meant them to be lines.

I'm going with Raelens.

[/quote']

I for one like the gas theme, but I guess that is just my opinion. And no, the tail is the same as the body.

Just to clear things these are the pokemon I used:

Steelix

Diglet

Dugtrio

Sharpedo

Torterra

Rhyperior

Aradactyl

Onix

Kangaskhan

Ghastly

Aggron

When I splice, I try my best to make it look original. I will take all advice into account and edit my splice with this contest is finished. Thanks for the votes.

Archived