Yu-Gi-Oh! Requiem of a Dream

Seth

[align=center]Welcome to Seth's new FanFiction. YGO! R.O.A.D.

So far, I only have a chapter, but, I will add some more and maybe character bios.[/align]

[spoiler=Chapter 1 - Unremittent]

Eric gazed up at the blazing hot afternoon sun.

“Holy, it’s hot!” he gasped. You see, he had just moved from Calgary all the way down to the nice, hot state of California. He had to say goodbye to all of his friends, to all of his trophies. He had one quite a few trophies and medals from small little 8 man tournaments. He had one a couple tag teams with his friend, Mike, too. He wished his dad could have just found another job instead of making them move all way to Anaheim. He wasn’t a fan of the Ducks!

His dad had worked in Shelving in a big furniture/shelving company. But, the company had to move, forcing his dad to decide where to go to, either Dallas, Denver, or California. His mom and his dad had picked California, because it had the nicest climate.

Eric had been to California before, to go to Disney Land. But, he didn’t remember it being this hot!

He missed duelling with his friends, it was his favourite thing to do. He had brought his deck and his old, cracked, rusty duel disk. So, he’d be able to duel still.

The school year was already a bit through, maybe the end of the first or start of the second term. He would be joining 7-B, Mr. Daymon’s class, that’s what his parents told him. His dad told him in a week from now, he would be joining the class, but, their was something else that was happening in a week, something very important… his birthday!

He was asking for a brand new duel disk, a Model GREY-50N. He had always looked at that model through the shop windows while passing them, they were very expensive though, so he wasn’t able to buy them.

Eric rounded a corner while looking at the directions his dad had given to him. His dad had also given him some money for shopping.

The directions were so he could find the Booster Store, which, of course, he was planning to spend his money at. A few new cards were nice.

He saw the little stand and began walking towards it. Just then, he bumped into somebody.

“Oh sorry!” Eric said extending his hand as to help the person he had knocked over up.

“You should be!” it was a girl he had bumped! She looked angry, and she whipped his hand away and got up.

“Humph…” she muttered as she trudged off angrily.

Oops…

Eric was walking to his new home with a few new packs when he noticed a crowd of people surrounding something. He wanted to know what the crowd was for, so he pushed and shoved his way through the crowd to look at what everybody wanted to see.

There was a duel going on. Not with duel disks, just on a flat mat.

“I summon Battle Ox in Attack Mode!” on of the duellists shouted. He seemed to have the upper hand. “And now, I attack your Cyber-Stein,” he yelled, “ending the duel,” he added triumphantly. He sneered at the younger-looking boy and pushed him off his seat. “Loser,” he grunted as he walked away.

The younger boy sniffled and began to cry softly and quietly as he got up and walked away.

“Hey, are you okay?” Eric asked him when he caught up to him.

The boy sniffled another time and sobbed, “He’s the school bully, and he likes to duel. He takes whoever he beat’s favourite card as a reward for him.”

“And he took yours?” Eric questioned.

Another quick sob, “Yeah…”

“Well, don’t worry, I’ll get it back!” Eric told him soothingly.

The boy looked up at him surprised and happy, “Really?” he asked loudly.

“Definitely,” Eric said running to catch up to the bully. “HEY! YOU!” he shouted as loud as he could when he was about 10-20 feet away from him.

The bully turned around, “Yeah what?” he called back, crossly.

“Give that kid his card back! And all the other ones that you stole!” Eric explained, getting closer to the bully.

The bully turned around, “And if I don’t?” he sneered.

“I’ll make you!”

“Here’s what I say about that!” the bully screamed in Eric’s face. He took out a card, Super Robolady. Must have been the card that he had taken. He put both hands on it, holding it with his fingers… and ripped it!

The young boy gasped and began to cry his head off.

“Grrrrrrr…” Eric growled, “I CHALLENGE YOU TO A DUEL!”

“Okay, what are the conditions?” the bully agreed.

“I win, you give EVERY card you stole, I lose, I give you my deck.”

“I don’t want your crappy deck!” the bully yelled cockily.

“We’ll see…” Eric muttered, “Have a duel disk I can borrow?”

The bully put his hand behind him, “disk,” he ordered. Someone behind him, probably like a follower place a duel disk in his hand. One of the old models that were used in the Battle City Tournament. He tossed the duel disk at Eric, who almost didn’t catch it.

Eric put his duel disk on and backed away from the bully so they would have room to duel. The bully swiped another, newer looking model from his followers hands and put it on. He swiped his cards into the card slot at activated the duel disk.

DUEL

“The challenged goes first,” the bully sneered, drawing a card.

“Whatever…” Eric mumbled, “Wait! What’s your name?”

“What does that matter? What’s yours?”

“Eric,” he said simply.

The bully looked surprised, “Uhhh… Oh! My name’s Skyler.”

“I see,” Eric said, not really caring. He just wanted to know so he didn’t have to call him “bully”.

Skyler took a quick look at his cards and pulled one out of his hand and placed it on his duel disk. “I summon Vorse Raider in ATK mode!” he called. Vorse Raider ATK: 1900

A large half-beast/half-man like thing appeared on the field. It was extremely muscular and it held a giant two sided scythe.

“End turn.”

Eric drew a card, took a glance at it, and added it to his hand. He then took another card out and placed it down. “I summon Sniper Soldier.” he called out. Sniper Soldier ATK: 400

“HAHAHAHAHA! What a mistake!” Skyler marvelled in laughter, “Only 400 attack points? You’re hopeless!” he began laughing again.

Eric sighed at Skyler, “and now, I activate my Spell Card, Ammo Re-fill.” he said, trying to be louder than Skyler’s laughing.

A card hologram appeared on the field. It shined for a second and then disappeared.

“With that, I can add two “Army Counters” to my Sniper.” Eric explained, “And with Army Counters, my monsters have special effects.”

Skyler stopped laughing immediately, now focused on what was going to happen next.

“When my sniper has at least one “Army Counter”, it can attack you directly! So, go my Sniper, take a shot at him!” Eric ordered his card.

The sniper looked through the scope, pressed down the trigger, and a bullet flew out the barrel. The holographic bullet hit Skyler, lowering his Life Points to 7600.

“End of turn?” Skyler questioned, “Then I dra-”

“Not quite yet,” Eric interrupted, “I activate the Field Spell, Field Trenches! This card makes it so that every monster with at least 1 “Army Counter” in Defense Position cannot be targeted by an attack.”

“So?” Skyler asked, looking annoyed, “I dra-”

“NOT YET!” Eric boomed, “I activate one more Spell Card, a Continuous one. It’s called Automatic Defensive Manoeuvre. As long as this card is on the field, my monster switch back to Defense Position every time it’s targeted by an attack.

It took a minute for Skyler to figure out what that meant, but eventually, he did.

“Wait, that means that your Sniper can’t be destroyed!” Skyler yelled, “that’s cheap!”

“No, what’s cheap is that you have to steal cards from little kids,” Eric commented back at him. Everybody tried to hold in laughter, but failed.

Skyler growled, “IT’S NOT FUNNY!!!” he screamed at the top of his lungs.

“But it is!” somebody from the crowd shouted.

Skyler looked like he was going to cry, like he was holding in tears.

“I lose…” he mumbled dejectedly.

“It’s not over yet!” Eric encouraged, “You could find a way!”

“No, I couldn’t…” Skyler sighed and trudged away.

“WAIT!” Eric called.

“Here’s your stinkin’ cards…” Skyler tossed them all over the ground and sprinted away.

“And your duel disk…”

[spoiler=For people who can't read small writing]

Eric gazed up at the blazing hot afternoon sun.

“Holy, it’s hot!” he gasped. You see, he had just moved from Calgary all the way down to the nice, hot state of California. He had to say goodbye to all of his friends, to all of his trophies. He had one quite a few trophies and medals from small little 8 man tournaments. He had one a couple tag teams with his friend, Mike, too. He wished his dad could have just found another job instead of making them move all way to Anaheim. He wasn’t a fan of the Ducks!

His dad had worked in Shelving in a big furniture/shelving company. But, the company had to move, forcing his dad to decide where to go to, either Dallas, Denver, or California. His mom and his dad had picked California, because it had the nicest climate.

Eric had been to California before, to go to Disney Land. But, he didn’t remember it being this hot!

He missed duelling with his friends, it was his favourite thing to do. He had brought his deck and his old, cracked, rusty duel disk. So, he’d be able to duel still.

The school year was already a bit through, maybe the end of the first or start of the second term. He would be joining 7-B, Mr. Daymon’s class, that’s what his parents told him. His dad told him in a week from now, he would be joining the class, but, their was something else that was happening in a week, something very important… his birthday!

He was asking for a brand new duel disk, a Model GREY-50N. He had always looked at that model through the shop windows while passing them, they were very expensive though, so he wasn’t able to buy them.

Eric rounded a corner while looking at the directions his dad had given to him. His dad had also given him some money for shopping.

The directions were so he could find the Booster Store, which, of course, he was planning to spend his money at. A few new cards were nice.

He saw the little stand and began walking towards it. Just then, he bumped into somebody.

“Oh sorry!” Eric said extending his hand as to help the person he had knocked over up.

“You should be!” it was a girl he had bumped! She looked angry, and she whipped his hand away and got up.

“Humph…” she muttered as she trudged off angrily.

Oops…

Eric was walking to his new home with a few new packs when he noticed a crowd of people surrounding something. He wanted to know what the crowd was for, so he pushed and shoved his way through the crowd to look at what everybody wanted to see.

There was a duel going on. Not with duel disks, just on a flat mat.

“I summon Battle Ox in Attack Mode!” on of the duellists shouted. He seemed to have the upper hand. “And now, I attack your Cyber-Stein,” he yelled, “ending the duel,” he added triumphantly. He sneered at the younger-looking boy and pushed him off his seat. “Loser,” he grunted as he walked away.

The younger boy sniffled and began to cry softly and quietly as he got up and walked away.

“Hey, are you okay?” Eric asked him when he caught up to him.

The boy sniffled another time and sobbed, “He’s the school bully, and he likes to duel. He takes whoever he beat’s favourite card as a reward for him.”

“And he took yours?” Eric questioned.

Another quick sob, “Yeah…”

“Well, don’t worry, I’ll get it back!” Eric told him soothingly.

The boy looked up at him surprised and happy, “Really?” he asked loudly.

“Definitely,” Eric said running to catch up to the bully. “HEY! YOU!” he shouted as loud as he could when he was about 10-20 feet away from him.

The bully turned around, “Yeah what?” he called back, crossly.

“Give that kid his card back! And all the other ones that you stole!” Eric explained, getting closer to the bully.

The bully turned around, “And if I don’t?” he sneered.

“I’ll make you!”

“Here’s what I say about that!” the bully screamed in Eric’s face. He took out a card, Super Robolady. Must have been the card that he had taken. He put both hands on it, holding it with his fingers… and ripped it!

The young boy gasped and began to cry his head off.

“Grrrrrrr…” Eric growled, “I CHALLENGE YOU TO A DUEL!”

“Okay, what are the conditions?” the bully agreed.

“I win, you give EVERY card you stole, I lose, I give you my deck.”

“I don’t want your crappy deck!” the bully yelled cockily.

“We’ll see…” Eric muttered, “Have a duel disk I can borrow?”

The bully put his hand behind him, “disk,” he ordered. Someone behind him, probably like a follower place a duel disk in his hand. One of the old models that were used in the Battle City Tournament. He tossed the duel disk at Eric, who almost didn’t catch it.

Eric put his duel disk on and backed away from the bully so they would have room to duel. The bully swiped another, newer looking model from his followers hands and put it on. He swiped his cards into the card slot at activated the duel disk.

DUEL

“The challenged goes first,” the bully sneered, drawing a card.

“Whatever…” Eric mumbled, “Wait! What’s your name?”

“What does that matter? What’s yours?”

“Eric,” he said simply.

The bully looked surprised, “Uhhh… Oh! My name’s Skyler.”

“I see,” Eric said, not really caring. He just wanted to know so he didn’t have to call him “bully”.

Skyler took a quick look at his cards and pulled one out of his hand and placed it on his duel disk. “I summon Vorse Raider in ATK mode!” he called. Vorse Raider ATK: 1900

A large half-beast/half-man like thing appeared on the field. It was extremely muscular and it held a giant two sided scythe.

“End turn.”

Eric drew a card, took a glance at it, and added it to his hand. He then took another card out and placed it down. “I summon Sniper Soldier.” he called out. Sniper Soldier ATK: 400

“HAHAHAHAHA! What a mistake!” Skyler marvelled in laughter, “Only 400 attack points? You’re hopeless!” he began laughing again.

Eric sighed at Skyler, “and now, I activate my Spell Card, Ammo Re-fill.” he said, trying to be louder than Skyler’s laughing.

A card hologram appeared on the field. It shined for a second and then disappeared.

“With that, I can add two “Army Counters” to my Sniper.” Eric explained, “And with Army Counters, my monsters have special effects.”

Skyler stopped laughing immediately, now focused on what was going to happen next.

“When my sniper has at least one “Army Counter”, it can attack you directly! So, go my Sniper, take a shot at him!” Eric ordered his card.

The sniper looked through the scope, pressed down the trigger, and a bullet flew out the barrel. The holographic bullet hit Skyler, lowering his Life Points to 7600.

“End of turn?” Skyler questioned, “Then I dra-”

“Not quite yet,” Eric interrupted, “I activate the Field Spell, Field Trenches! This card makes it so that every monster with at least 1 “Army Counter” in Defense Position cannot be targeted by an attack.”

“So?” Skyler asked, looking annoyed, “I dra-”

“NOT YET!” Eric boomed, “I activate one more Spell Card, a Continuous one. It’s called Automatic Defensive Manoeuvre. As long as this card is on the field, my monster switch back to Defense Position every time it’s targeted by an attack.

It took a minute for Skyler to figure out what that meant, but eventually, he did.

“Wait, that means that your Sniper can’t be destroyed!” Skyler yelled, “that’s cheap!”

“No, what’s cheap is that you have to steal cards from little kids,” Eric commented back at him. Everybody tried to hold in laughter, but failed.

Skyler growled, “IT’S NOT FUNNY!!!” he screamed at the top of his lungs.

“But it is!” somebody from the crowd shouted.

Skyler looked like he was going to cry, like he was holding in tears.

“I lose…” he mumbled dejectedly.

“It’s not over yet!” Eric encouraged, “You could find a way!”

“No, I couldn’t…” Skyler sighed and trudged away.

“WAIT!” Eric called.

“Here’s your stinkin’ cards…” Skyler tossed them all over the ground and sprinted away.

“And your duel disk…”

Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

This is an incredibly disturbing concept.

Although, I see no correlation to Requiem for a Dream as of yet. Which is good. Requiem for a Dream is... incredibly disturbing.

Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

Phew. RfaD in YGO form would be... well, still disturbing, actually.

Still going to read this for being good. Hope this isn't a duel-a-day fic. :D

Archived