College Girl Dueling =)

wildfire5

Entries 1-5 posted 12/26.

Entries 6-7 posted 12/31.

[spoiler=Property of J. Hire: Do Not Touch! [i]Entry 1[/i]]

September 24, 2008

Hey. My name is Jane Hire and I'm 18 yrs old. Wazzup?

Ever since college started I've been trying out new things. Diaries, red wine (which I learned is just glorified rotten grape juice), and studying until midnight. I figure college ought to be all about trying new things, and about meeting new people. I also figured it would be a great place to test out my dueling skills.

Yah, that's right. I'm a duelist, a high ranking one. I even merited my own KC Duel Disk! Sadly, the Battle City tournament didn't go that well. But the new hardware was a good consolation prize. Man that Seto's cute...

Anyways, that was years ago. I've gotten much better, and now I can't wait to take my new classes. And I hope to meet some awesome new friends (and challengers) in my dorm, which I just moved into a few days ago. I guess I better start unpacking. ttyl!

PS: Still miss ex-boyfriend.

[spoiler=Property of J. Hire: Do Not Touch! [i]Entry 2[/i]]

September 25, 2008

What the hell?! Not fair! I just lost my favorite card to some... some... jerk! It happened like this. After Biology 20, I saw this jerk named Harlem picking on some freshmen emo guy, who I met before and is really nice. It turns out bright colors just hurt his eyes. Anyways, he had just stolen his card, which I think was a Red Moon Baby. Now I think it's the creepiest thing ever, but that doesn't mean anyone has a right to steal it! But the guy, who was a high school jock and also a ranked duelist, was freakin' huge. Everyone was scared of him. So I got the idea to challenge him to a duel so he could return that card. I was kinda surprised when he accepted, since he looked like he could just tear my hair out with his little pinkie. But he did, and now I know why...

"All right you jerk, bring it on! I'll even let you go first!"

"Hehe, all right. I'll set a card face down, and summon Solar Flare Dragon in attack mode. And next I'll activate this field spell, Molten Destruction." I watched in horror as that thing's attack rose to 2000. "That ends my turn." And then came the pain. Solar Flare Dragon's special effect took 500 LP away from me.

"Ok. My turn!" Without a word I drew my card and looked at my hand. It was a pretty good hand. I was sure I could take him! I set my Coffin Seller face down and set Old Vindictive Magician face down in defense mode. That jerk was gonna lose his Dragon. "I end my turn."

"Haha. I summon my second Solar Flare Dragon!" Another one?! Now I wouldn't be able to attack him! Hmph, but I'd get him. "Next I activate Tribute to the Doomed!" Uh oh. By discarding a card he destroyed my magician without it being able to destroy one of his cards. I activated Coffin Seller, hoping I could damage him a little, since it would take 300 LP for evry monster he lost, and it did. But then... "I removed the Blazing Inpachi I just sent to the graveyard to special summon Inferno!" A large, living flame materialized in front of me. It was over, I wouldn't stand a chance now. He won in one turn. I almost cried, but then I started shaking in fear when he did something unthinkable. "Now I acivate my face down Ultimate Offering! Now I can summon one more monster by paying 500 LP!" But, he won already. What on earth... "I sacrifice all three of my monsters to summon, Obelisk the Tormentor!!"

Moments later I was unconscious. When I woke up I was surrounded by a sympathetic crowd, including the emo kid who I tried to help. He helped me up and looked so sad.

"He, he took your Kaiser Gilder. You told me that was your favorite card. He just took it..."

I couldn't stand watching men cry, because I knew how much it took for them to do it. Later I learned that Harlem had obtained a special copy of Obelisk, a rare counterfeit that anyone one could use, except for the fact that he was the only one that had it. (Rumor has it that a network firewall preventing anyone except the most experienced duelists from using the Egyptian Gods. That Yugi was a lucky SOB). This counterfeit was unreadable by KC's network. Or that's how the story goes.

My favorite card gone. And I managed to make the emo kid cry. And I managed to smear this page via my own tears... I expect to have nightmares of my boyfriend tonight. The last time I saw him, he was crying too. I'm going to bed. I don't care. It's not the first time.

[spoiler=Property of J. Hire: Do Not Touch! [i]Entry 3[/i]]

September 26

Something happened today. I've never seen anything like it. I guess I should be happy. I mean, he had it coming, But the way it happened, it just seemed wrong. I felt pity. I was scared.

A tall guy wearing a trench coat and scarf over his face and sunglasses was on campus. Look like the world's most obvious spy. He challenged Harlem to a duel...

They played to 4000 LP each. Old Harlem started by playing a face monster card and two face down cards. This seemed passive enough, but I don't think Mr. Smart's evil twin knew what he was getting into. Anyways, it was his turn.

"I summoned Inaba White Rabbit in attack mode!" What? I had that card too. And so did... nah. It couldn't be. "And I activate this card, Level Limit Area B!" So now level 4 monsters were forced into defence mode, making a counterattack impossible. Inaba White Rabbit attacked his LP directly, draining 700 LP from the big bully. Masked man played two cards face down and ended it.

"Grr, I activate Molten Destruction, and then I play Raging Flame Sprite!" Oh no! It was weak enough to attack! "And I play Heart of Clear Water! Meaning your trap cards won't destroy it this turn." It was true. Raging Flame Sprite could attack LP directly and gain 1000 ATK points every time. It currently had 100 plus the 500 from the field, Heart of Clear Water kept it from destruction until it's attack climbed above 1300. So for this attack it was safe. Masked man would get a taste of his own medicine until- "I activate Cumpolsory Evacuation Device!" Ha! That card sent monsters back to their owners hands, not destroyed them. Now Harlem would get what was coming. No defense.

The duel went on like this. Every time Harlem made a seemingly unstoppable move, the spy wannabe made a counter. Again and again. His other facedown was Offerings to the Doom, a quick-play spell that took out a monster. He used it on Jinzo, who could only counter traps! He played a Gaia Power, a field spell which destroyed Molten Destruction and raised the power of earth monsters. It was a two for one deal! And those Solar Flares? He just bypassed them with his Inaba White Rabbit and used a Solemn Wishes card to restore his LP almost as fast as they could be drained! Funny thing was, he dueled a lot like me! Except he was better.

By the time the madness was over, Harlem caught a lucky break with a Torrential Tribute, taking out Inaba and everything else on the field, (Including his own Solar Flare Dragons). A Mystical Space Typhoon destroyed Area B. He was down to his last few LP, but from that evil smile, I know what was coming:

"I special summon three Infernos to the field by removing 3 FIRE monsters from my graveyard from the game!" Yep... "And now, I sacrifice all three to summon, Obelisk the Tormentor!" The ground shook. A giant creature of unfathomable strength arose from the ground up. Its breath felt hot, and its rock solid indigo body quivered with hatred. Who knew a dumb hologram could make me feel so afraid? But then again, it did knock me unconscious last time. "Obelisk, attack him with fist of fate!" Cue dramatic music! I mean come on! That thing was unstoppable! I almost wanted to step in the way just to spare the mask man the horror. At least I knew what it was like!

He started laughing.

I couldn't believe it. The masked duelist was laughing! "I activate Waboku!" Harlem retorted, "Trap cards don't work on Obelisk!" Masky just kept laughing! We watched in shock as Obelisk's fist faded into nothing on its approach to him, and rematerialize on Harlem's side. Of course. Waboku didn't target Obelisk, but rather it targeted the player, protecting his LP from harm.

He had countered everything Harlem threw at him. Every spell, every monster, and every strategy beaten down. But an Egyptian God? Even a counterfeit was nearly invincible. 4000 ATK, immunity to everything but attacks, and a special ability that mades its power infinite. It just couldn't lose!

I'm sure I'll have to write a paper in tomorrow's discussion. I'd better study, but first thing tomorrow morning I'll write the rest.

[spoiler=Property of J. Hire: Do Not Touch! [i]Entry 4[/i]]

September 27

Then I saw it. Everyone else was staring at Obelisk, but I looked into the masked duelist's eyes. I saw red. I saw malice and sadism. I saw hatred. I saw a man I feared more than Harlem, more than Obelisk! But rather than be stunned, I felt sad. I felt so bad because I knew those eyes. They weren't always like that.

"My move!" He said. He kept up that maniacal laugh all through the last turn. Without stating his moves, he kept laughing as he played Copycat, a card that copied the orginal attack of a monster on the opponent's side of the field. A transparent version of Obelisk began to appear on the masked man's side of the field. It was the scariest ghost I'd ever seen. But what was scarier was that he just kept laughing. He equipped an Axe of Despair in order to raise Copycat's attack by 1000 points. And then he attacked.

We were in the middle of the Old Square. The Humanities Building was nearby. When Copycat, a card that started with no attack points attacked, the shockwave made me scream and shattered the windows of the humanities building. More importantly, it turned Obelisk to dust and wiped out Harlem's LP.

Harlem was on the ground. The masked man went to him and picked up the fake Obelisk. Everyone was stunned. A few people fainted when the stranger tore the card in half rather than keep it. He then searched for Kaiser Glider and Red Moon Baby and handed them to me. How did he know?

[spoiler=Property of J. Hire: Do Not Touch! [i]Entry 5[/i]]

This Afternoon

I should never have broken up with him. Should never have defeated him in that duel. I should never have called him a loser. He wasn't the guy I left. He was a monster now. And I helped make him.

Oh well. Life goes on. I got my cards back, and Harlem turned out to be a decent guy in the end. That Obelisk card had kinda a hold on him. And my ex wasn't so bad either. I mean, he did get our cards back, and ripped up one that wasn't worth the trouble it caused in the first place. I just wish he didn't have to resort to the anger and pain, that I caused him, to help. I don't know what to say now.

Just that life goes on, and college promises to be full of surprises.

PS: I aced that paper. =)

[spoiler=Property of J. Hire: Do Not Touch! [i]Entry 6[/i]]

September 28

(Sigh... ok).

WHOOOT TGIF! Good! After all this crazyness, I could use a break.

I just got through my ancient history class. We were learning about ancient Egypt. Apparently the pyramids were NOT built by aliens, but rather it was possible because the people considered giving glory to the pharaoh a civic service, meaning people would volunteer their time alongside the slaves, and so the work went by faster. My professor is so cool. I also heard a rumor that she duels for a hobby. I feel a challenge bubbling up!

This weekend I'm going to a party. I'm amazed how quickly Harlem and I became friends! I learned that his grandmother is Egyptian! I shared some of my secrets with him, like how sometimes, when I duel, I get this little tingle whenever I'm gonna draw my favorite cards, which are Kaiser Glider and Inaba White Rabbit, and that it always gives me an edge. This party oughta be awesome. Emo kid's going too. Umm, it just occured to me I don't know his name. I'm so stupid!

I didn't wanna talk about my ex, but I feel compelled. Oh well, you're just a diary. It's not like anyone else is gonna read you like your some sort of online fan fic. It's just that, he ran off. And I didn't get to say goodbye, or that I'm sorry, or even a thank you.

I just wanted to forget about it. Why is it so hard?

Oh well, (sigh), party should be great!

[spoiler=Meanwhile...]

ABC 7 News Broadcast, aired Sat. Sep. 29

David Ono: Hahaha. What a cute dog. In other, more serious news, the search continues for the counterfeiters responsible for creating copies of the legendary Egyptian God Cards. Our Orange County Bureau Chief Eileen Frere is live at Kaiba Corp's local office where is seems the police have made an arrest! Eileen?"

Eileen Frere: Yes that's right! According to police, a man whose name has not been released apparently used Kaiba Corp's network to hack into Duelist Academy's database and locate the password to the vault in which the cards were located. He then sold the password to some unkown individuals who were responsible for last month's break in. Now the cards themselves weren't stolen. However, the police are getting ready to release security tapes in which someone is shown taking digital photographs of the cards before fleeing the area. They hope maybe the public can help in the investigation. I'm going to interview the police chief this afternoon to get some more info. Meanwhile, back to you in the studio.

David Ono: Thank you and we'd once again like to remind the public that these cards are very dangerous and can cause serious injury when combined with holographic technology, causing duel disks to malfunction. Kaiba Corp's safety features only allowing certain duelists to use the cards are there for a reason. Several injuries have already been reported. If you see these cards being used in public, you are advised to notify local authorities immediately.

Leslie Miller: Gee it's no wonder Yugi Moto decided not to hang on to them.

David Ono: Yah and I still don't quite get why only certain duelists can control them in the first place. Seems a bit suspicious.

Leslie Miller: Oh well. Ok, coming up in the next hour, a surprising new link between blueberries and cancer survival rate! But first a look at the weather!

[spoiler=Property of J. Hire: Do Not Touch! [i]Entry 7[/i]]

September 29, Waking up in a cold sweat. Party is tomorrow night. (Only one lecture on Monday so it's cool).

I had a dream. Me and my ex were alone under the moonlight on a beach. We were looking over the horizon, so many hopes and dreams represented among those stars. The moon was shining with hope. And I was in his embrace. The coolness of the ocean air and the warmth of his arms were in perfect balance.

And then hair started growing on my arms. Long, thick hair. I looked into his eyes and saw mine turning yellow. I could feel my breath becoming hot and my tongue touched razor sharp enamel.

He tried to run, but then I grabbed on to his leg as my nails were growing long and hard. He tripped and fell, and then I started to tear at him. It's too much for me to write about.

His damaged body crawled into the ocean. Moments later I was myself. What had I done?

A few seconds later, a great beast began to rise out of the ocean. A monster, reminded me of something out of a Godzilla movie. And meeting it was another monster. Big booming footsteps coming from the mountains. It was Obelisk the Tormentor. The creature from the ocean wore a duel disk and summoned a Kaiser Glider and an Inaba White Rabbit from his wrist. They crashed into Obelisk and knocked it out. It was still standing though, and the ocean creature grabbed it by the waist and lifted it right over his head. I was panting uncontrollably as the ocean creature looked at me with his red eyes. And then he spoke.

"You're welcome."

He took Obelisk's body and threw it down towards me. I could feel the rushing wind as the creature's shadow enveloped my surroundings. I screamed, and then I woke up.

Ok. New plan. I'm gonna give red wine another chance. Riiiight noooow.

Jane was so distressed when she wrote this entry she didn't notice a little shadow floating near her deck, which sat on top of her drawer. The shadow was quickly accompanied by a larger shadow with wings. They seemed to want to comfort her, but they disappeared when the refrigerator light went on.

This is amazing. That spy is amazing. Also, in Japn, they did make a legal version of Obelisk to use. It is shown here: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Obelisk_the_Tormentor_(Effect_Monster)

I like this fan-fic. I like the diary format. It almost seems as if "the world's most obvious spy" is her ex or something. But the real question is, how did the spy know? He (if the spy is a he) must've been there at the scene, watching from the sidelines and/or reading the diary and knowing who's who, or something similar.

I imagine the top post becoming VERY huge, wildfire5. I suggest doing this for each Chapter/Day:

1. When typing out your chapter (or adjusting your post), before putting the title, put a left bracket, then the word spoiler, then an equals sign with the title/date of the chapter/day next to it, then a right bracket.

2. Copy and paste or write the chapter/day summary.

3. At the end of it, type in a left bracket, a forward slash, then spoiler, and then the right bracket.

So, when you type it, it should look like this, but without the spaces in the computer code: [ spoiler = Title]Text[ /spoiler ]

When you take out the spaces, here's the result: [spoiler=Title]Text

You do not need to take spaces away from the title or text, but you have to keep the computer code unspaced. Here's how this could be used:

[spoiler=Day 1]This is all the stuff that happened in Day 1.

[spoiler=Day 2]

This is all the stuff that happened in Day 2.

This will make the fan-fic a bit easier to read in a way.

Archived