*_Corrupted Morales_* [2 Chapters so far!]

A●O●J

Will's Deck

Mr.Darvis's Deck

There's bound to be some grammatical errors and such. If you find any, please point them out to me so I can fix them. Hope you enjoy the story!

[spoiler=Chapter 1]

Empty. Empty was the color of that Will saw. Empty was the color in Will's eyes. He was so disappointed, that with all his hard work, his custom duel disk still wouldn't work. He had spent his whole summer vacation just toiling away at it in his garage and now it was almost the beginning of winter and the stupid thing, STILL wouldn't work. It wasn't like the parts didn't move or screws and things were loose. Everything was screwed in tight, all the metal was polished to a nice silver sheen, the internal wiring was correct, everything was as it was supposed to be. Then if that was true, how come the confounded machine wouldn't burst to life, glowing with the light that represented all of Will's hard labor?

Will thought hard about what he could be doing wrong. "There has to be something missing. Ive done everything imaginable to see whats wrong. Ive checked the circuitry, the parts, even looked up what kind of metal I should be using. Hell, even rebuilding hasn't seemed to do much." Will thought to himself. Will looked up at the school clock. It was almost 4 o'clock. It was going to be dark soon. Will sighed and looked at the duel disk and said, "Maybe Mr. Darvis is still here. If he doesn't know whats wrong, your going to be part of someone's D-Wheel ramp." Will picked up the duel disk and made his way down to the school basement. As he got closer to the Applied Technology and wood shop classes, he already knew that Darvis was still there. The sound of metal dropping on the floor and electric drills working gave it away. Will smiled as he opened the door. A tall, skinny man with a welding mask on was drilling a screw the size of Will's thumb into an odd piece of machinery. When he finished that first screw, he shakily picked up a sheet of steel, which he dropped. It made a loud wobbly, metallic sound as it hit the ground. Will walked over and picked it up. The man took off the mask. "Will my boy! What are you doing still at school"? said Mr.Darvis in an enthusiastic voice. He looked down at the duel disk in Will's hands. "You got it to work?" Will smiled. He always enjoyed Mr.Darvis's optimistic demeanor. "Well if Im still here, what do you think?" said Will. Will and Mr.Darvis sat down at a work table near them.

The man closely examined the disk in his hands. He stuck his fingernails in the screws, checking to see if they were tight enough, lifted up panels to check the circuitry, and turned over in his hand's repetitively. "I didn't expect anything less than this Will." Said Mr.Darvis in a stern voice. "Well then whats wrong with it?" Will anxiously said. "Like I said Will, it was just as I suspected...Nothing...Nothing is wrong with this. You've done everything right. Quite excellent actually." Will become slightly agitated. If Darvis said that nothing was wrong, then why was he here right now in the first place? Mr.Darvis began to speak, "Theres just something missing and I know exactly what that is. Will became very excited. "What? What is it?" Mr.Darvis got up from the table. He made his way over to his desk where his computer was. He typed furiously away on his keyboard for about a minute. Then he pressed a button on the computer, and a small disk came out.

Mr.Darvis took the disc and motioned for will to follow him. Will and the strange teacher walked over to a different computer terminal in the room. Mr.Darvis inserted the Disc into the side of some sort of machinery that was hooked up to the computer. Darvis typed in a few things, a series of mathematical codes that looked like a whole other language to Will appeared on the monitor. Then the machine next to the computer terminal began to hum. A bright line of yellow light passed over wires and circuitry inside of the machine. After around 15 seconds of this, a small computer chip on a piece of metal came out of the machine. Mr.Darvis picked it up, and he and Will walked back over to the table where the duel disc was. Will peered at the small device in Mr.Darvis's hands. How could 1 small computer chip suddenly make his duel disc work.

"This, Will, this is a special program chip. It is called, N.O.C, which stands for Nuclear Operating Chip. It was designed as a sort of replacement for things like backup power generators. All one had to do was insert the chip into the hardware of the machine and the machine would instantly begin to operate. It proved to be very successful, but production stopped after a terrorist group used it to arm old nuclear weapons that weren't operational for a long time. I acquired it when I was in college, working as an intern for the United Eastern Government. I copied down the codes when they were working on them and I still had them today. Technically, its illegal for me to have the codes to make them and its probably even more illegal for you to be even using one. But whos gonna find out huh"? Will nodded his anxiously. This was cool and all, but honestly, all he wanted to do was get his duel disc to work.

"Anyway, began Mr.Darvis, lets get this puppy of yours started!" Mr.Darvis opened up the main panel on the Duel Disc, but then stopped. Will was pumping with adrenaline he was so excited. What could Mr.Darvis possibly stop for he wanted to know. "If I install this chip however, you owe me one thing." Will became a little nervous. "I don't have alot of money Mr.Darvis." Mr.Darvis smiled. "All I want from you and this Disc, Will, is a duel." Will gave Mr.Darvis a bright grin. "That's fine with me!" exclaimed Will. Mr.Darvis placed the N.O.C on top of the main operating unit and then shut the panel. "Well, all you gotta do now is pop that Deck of yours in and we'll see how tough you and this disc are." said Mr.Darvis. Will ran to one side of the Applied Technology room. He was so happy that his Duel Disc might actually work this time, that he ran like a little kid. Mr. Darvis pulled out his Academy issued duel disc and placed his Deck inside and the disc came to life and Mr.Darvis lifted his arm. "Ready Will"? said Darvis with a grin. Will locked the Duel Disc on his arm. He then pulled out his Deck and moved it toward the Deck chamber in his Disc. This is it, Will thought to himself. This is the moment of truth! Will inserted his deck into the Deck chamber. Nothing happened for 1 second, even though that second felt like an hour to Will. Then suddenly, two triangular, metal wings shot out from the center of the disc, they then moved downward in front of the middle of the disc. Two longer triangular wings shot out of the the other wings. The card panels on top of them glowed a bright,neon green. Will and Mr.Darvis looked at each other. "DUEL!" they boomed!

[spoiler=Chapter 2]

Will: 4000

Mr.Darvis: 4000

Darvis waved his hand toward will. "The Student goes first!" said Mr.Darvis.

Will: Alright then, DRAW! Will looked at his hand closely. Ill activate my Continuous Spell card, Genesis Jewel!

Darvis: Ahh yes! Your going to use Genesis Jewel to perform extra Normal Summons for your Gemini monsters then? You can continue.

Will:Then Ill summon Alloy Knight Topaz in attack mode.

A muscular golden humanoid appeared on the field. His forehead and shoulders had bright glowing jewels embedded in them.

ATK:1500 DEF:1000

Will: Ill then set one card face-down and end my turn.

Darvis: DRAW! Ill summon my Genex Power Planner in Attack mode!

An aqua colored machine appeared. A large orb of black energy was being formed on top of it.

ATK: 300 DEF: 200

Darvis: When Genex Power Planner is Normal Summoned, I can search my Deck for 1 Level 3 Genex Effect monster and place it in my hand.

Will: Did we learn about Genex monsters yet in class?

Darvis: Will, Will, Will. C'mon! We learned about this in the beginning of the year! Anyway, Ill activate the Spell card Double Summon in order to summon the card I took from my Deck!

Mr.Darvis placed another card on his disc. A black robot appeared on the field. It appeared to be gazing off somewhere else with not a care in the world.

ATK:800 DEF:1200

Darvis: I end my turn.

Will: DRAW! Ill summon Alloy Knight Sapphire in attack mode.

A blue humanoid monster appeared on the field. He was almost identical to Topaz, except shorter.

ATK: 400 DEF:600

Will: Ill then activate the effect of my Genesis Jewel. Ill use it to activate the effect of my sapphire. The Jewels on sapphire's body glowed with a pale blue. Then, blue energy shot out of Topaz and the energy went into Sapphire's jewel.

Will: When Sapphire is activated by Genesis Jewel, I get to draw a card for every alloy knight! Will swiped 2 cards from the top of his Deck.

Will: Ill then use Topaz to attack your Genex Power Planner! Go Topaz!

The golden warrior charged toward the small machine. He then raised a mighty fist that glowed with power, and punched the machine. The machine split into tiny holographic shards. Rather than dissolve, the shards reformed into a small gold gem.

Will: 4000

Darvis: 2800

Will: When Alloy Knight Topaz destroys a monster, I can place 1 Gem Counter on him. Its your move.

Darvis: DRAW! Ill summon my Genex Gaia!

A scythe wielding robot appeared on the field. He was brown and had dirt colllecting around different parts of his body.

Ill then activate the effect of my Spare Genex! If there is another Genex monster on my side of the field, I can treat Spare Genex's card name as Genex Controller! Then Ill Tune my Genex Controller with my Genex Gaia in order to Synchro Summon Geo Genex!

The Genex Controller that used to be Spare Genex burst apart into 3 Rings. The Rings formed around Genex Gaia and bound Genex Gaia. Genex Gaia and the rings then turned into a huge glowing white form. The white form quickly became paler, revealing what it actually was. A large dark red robot, dripping with lava appeared on the field. His left hand was replaced by a sharp rod that was charged with heat.

ATK:1200 DEF:2800

Darvis: Ill then play the Spell card, Genex Energy Share. This allows me to Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower Genex monster from my hand that has the same attribute as one of my face-up Syncho Genex Monsters! But he is destroyed during my End Phase and he also cannot attack. Ill use it to summon my Genex Turbine!

ATK:1400 DEF: 1300

A massive green engine appeared to the field. Faint green light was being emitted from the center of it.

Darvis: Genex Turbine increases the Attack of all Genex monsters by 400.

Geo Genex: ATK:1600 DEF:2800

Genex Turbine: ATK: 1800 DEF:1300

Darvis: Then Ill use Geo Genex's effect! When theres a Level 4 or lower Genex monster on the field! I can switch Geo's Attack with his Defense until the end of my turn!

Energy from the core of Genex Turbine shot out toward Geo Genex. Geo Genex began to generate bright red particles.

Geo Genex: ATK:2800 DEF:1600

Darvis: Geo Genex! Attack his Sapphire!

Geo Genex raised the rod on his arm and pointed it at Alloy Knight Sapphire. Burning magma shot out and doused the blue knight. Sapphire was no longer blue, but now black like the color of ashes. He burst into holographic pieces of glass.

Will:1700

Darvis:2800

Darvis: Ill then play 1 card face-down and end my turn. Geo Genex's attack now returns to normal and Turbine Genex is destroyed.

Geo Genex: ATK:1200 DEF:2800

Hmmm. Will thought about his current situation. I could easily destroy his Geo with my Topaz, only Ill bet my duel disc that that face down card will activate if I do.

Will: DRAW! Alright then, Ill use the power of my Genesis Jewel to fuse it with Topaz to Fusion Summon my Alloy Crusader Topaz!

Mr.Darvis looked puzzled.

Darvis: Will have you been skipping school lately? Because you should know that you cannot fuse a Spell and a monster.

Will sneered and laughed.

Will: Maybe its you who should be doing your homework more Mr.Darvis! The Effect of Alloy Crusader Topaz says that he doesn't require polymerization. In order to Summon him, I have to instead send Genesis Jewel and Alloy Knight Topaz to the graveyard.

Mr.Darvis turned a bit red with embaressment.

Will continued with his move and took a card from the back of his Duel Disk, where his Extra Deck was positioned. He played the card on his disc and as he did, the gem on Topaz's chest was replaced by a different gem. It was the Genesis Jewel! Topaz raised his arms and a magical flood of energy engulfed him. When the energy parted, in Topaz's place, was a glorious golden humanoid with large gem-covered armor.

ATK:2150 DEF:1400

Will: Then Ill use Monster Reborn to bring back my Alloy Knight Topaz!

Mr.Darvis suddenly became nervous. Darvis then quickly remember his that he had his face-down card. His Genex Recycle Unit trap card would bring back his Geo Genex when it was destroyed.

Will: I activate my Crusader's Effect! When there are no Spell or trap cards on my side, then I can return any number of cards I want to your Hand! Ill return your Geo Genex and your face-down card to your hand!

Will was about to attack when suddenly he noticed the look on Mr.Darvis's face. Mr.Darvis had an open smile and was laughing to himself. Will couldn't understant why. There was no possible way Mr.Darvis could win.

Will: Whats so funny?

Mr.Darvis: Nothing's funny Will! Im just so happy to see you come this far. Im very proud to have you as a student!

Will beamed at Mr.Darvis. All the man ever did was help his students. He lived to help others. Someday, Will thought to himself, I will strive to be like Mr.Darvis.

Will: I attack you directly with my Alloy Crusader and my Alloy Knight! Go, Golden Shock wave!

The two shining knights raised the palms of there hands toward the opponent. Two bolts of golden lighting shot out from their hands and struck Mr.Darvis!

Mr.Darvis held up his arms and crossed them to shield himself from the power.

Will: 1700

Mr.Darvis: 0

The 2 duelist's Duel Discs folded themselves back up. The holograms of the cards dissapeared. They waited in their master's Decks, sleeping until another day of battle would arrive. Mr.Darvis walked over to Will and put a warm hand on the proud student's shoulder. "Looks like your going to be one of the participants in our Competitive Academy Tournament Will." said Mr. Darvis happily. Will was in shock, "Your serious"? "You bet, said Mr. Darvis, Im one of the teachers that the Academy's Principal depends on to determine who will represent our School for the Competitive Academy Tournament, now hows about we get home, so you'll be able to wake up when I pick you up to drive you to the tournament, ok?"

Archived