Card Making Contest 6/1/07 - Country as a Field Spell

Danilus

Rules

1. Only one entry per person.

2. Entries will be based on playability, creativity and art.

3. Every card must be filled in to the standards in this forum.

The winner will be awarded with 50 points.

This weeks theme is Your country or any country in the world as a field spell!!

Contest Closed

Contest Winner: Abaddon with United Kingdom.

Happy Card Making! 8)

So is it any country as a field spell? I don't quite get the wording of the theme. Oh' date=' and if someone has already used a country, are we allowed to double up? I'm not doing UK by the way... :wink:[/quote']

It can be the same country, but the cards name and effect have to be different.

• Administrators

My entry.....

118859926ab3dd224cjpgsedq0.jpg

Sacrifice any "warrior" type monster from your deck, hand, or side of field every 3 turns to keep this card in play. As long as this card is in play, the attack of all "warrior" monsters on the field is halved, and every turn your opponent chooses one "warrior" monster on their side of the field, hand, or deck to send to the graveyard. If you or opponent runs out of warriors, inflict 3000 points of damage to their LP, then this card is automatically destroyed.

JHB.jpg

It was a toss up between 'Australia Language' and 'In Soviet Russia?', but...

THEY'RE BACK!!!

A short explanation...

The 'In Soviet Russia' jokes are to represent the Soviet?s are constantly in control of you, and always watching?

In California, you can always find a party?

In Soviet Russia, party always finds you!!

Referring to the Communist Party always finding you, know matter where you hide...

In the US, you watch TV...

In Soviet Russia, TV watches you!!

Referring to the constant surveillance Russians were under.

In the US, you check out books at the library?

In Soviet Russia, book checks out you!!

Also referring to the constant surveillance Russians were under.

In the US, you can catch a cold...

In Soviet Russia, cold catches you!!

I don?t know what this one refers to?

In the US, you drive a car?

In Soviet Russia, car drives you!!

Nor this one, but this is my favourite.

There are others, but they suck. In all these jokes are funny and relevant for about a minute, then they get boring and just plain lame...

So my card is ?In Soviet Russia??, I hope don?t lose points for having a non-playable effect?

Also, this is not my country, I am an Australian, and I live on the Moon, so it says here.

Thus meaning in the US' date=' you eat cat... :shock:

Make sure you read my card's effect too.[/quote']

I dont mean in the US you eat cat, I mean in Korea you eat cat. And in Soviet Koera cat eats you. :twisted:

And yes I have read your cards effect. :D

I say the card contests should not be weekly, because we get entries in the first couple of days, in this case, first three days, then we have to wait the remainder of the week. I reckon we should do something like, the first 5 cards in, or only one or two days to get your entries in, then entries close. Make it more of an issue to enter, by giving out a larger reward, say 100 points? Anyway, it's just an idea, because it's a boring wait, and not many entries.

I say the card contests should not be weekly' date=' because we get entries in the first couple of days, in this case, first three days, then we have to wait the remainder of the week. I reckon we should do something like, the first 5 cards in, or only one or two days to get your entries in, then entries close. Make it more of an issue to enter, by giving out a larger reward, say 100 points? Anyway, it's just an idea, because it's a boring wait, and not many entries.[/quote']

I see your point Frunk it would be a good idea to have it on a three day basis and I think that is what I plan to do from the next contest on. Regarding the point reward I think it would be best to keep it at 50 or possibly 70 to 80 but hey thats just me.

Ok, the winner of this weeks card contest is.... Abaddon with United Kingdom

And no I wasn't just selecting that card because its my home country, no I selected it because of its sweet effect of doubleing United We Stand. As for the rest of you, you all did very well and I saw some very good cards there, but better luck next time 8)

Well done Abaddon, you win and 50 points will go to you!

Archived