Comment on OCG

I'd just like to comment on the OCG thread that is stickied. Everyone seems to quote from it to use "your field" and "your opponent's field" with OCG, and also people try to make fixes using this text. I find that even though this is shorter, it's not really correct. There is only 1 field, with 2 sides. Specifying "your side of the field" really is necessary to be grammatically correct. And also, no TCG card uses this updated text.

There is no "your field" and "your opponent's field", there is only 1 field, which is referenced to by cards like Dark Hole.

I'd just like to comment on the OCG thread that is stickied. Everyone seems to quote from it to use "your field" and "your opponent's field" with OCG' date=' and also people try to make fixes using this text. I find that even though this is shorter, it's not really correct. There is only 1 field, with 2 sides. Specifying "your side of the field" really is necessary to be grammatically correct. And also, no TCG card uses this updated text.

There is no "your field" and "your opponent's field", there is only 1 field, which is referenced to by cards like Dark Hole.

[/quote']

I agree. Most of my cards say "Your side of the field", etc. Whoever said to use "opponent's field" needs to get their OCG straight.

Yeah, a 5 star member once gave me a rubbish rating for putting 'your side of the field', even though that was what it said on all my real yugioh cards. After all, how can people expect everyone to have perfect ocg when the threads don't have enough info, they go against proper card ocg, and there are about a million different opinions on card wording, capitalising etc.

I think that both are considered correct, I normally use your side of the field, though. I do agree that there is ONE field, the field. So it should not be split up. And I have yet to find a card with that OCG. For now, ignore the people who give you lower ratings because of that.

Archived