My First Synchro!!! Edited!

Xing

Yes, even though I've been makin' cards for a LOOOOOOOONG time, This is really my first synchro.

[align=center]81720et0.jpg

1 Tuner + 1 or more DARK non-Tuner monsters

This card cannot be Special Summoned, except by Synchro Summon. When this card is Synchro Summoned, you can destroy all cards on the field. If you control 2 or more DARK monsters, this card cannot be attacked. If your opponent controls a Spellcaster-Type monster, this card loses 200 ATK. If you control exactly 4 Spellcaster-Type monsters, this card can attack directly. If this card attacks directly this way, halve it's ATK during the Damage Step only. If you control 3 or more non-Spellcaster-Type monsters, destroy this card. If this card is destroyed by it's own effect, the player that Summoned this card loses 1000 Life Points. If this card is destroyed by battle, your opponent loses 500 Life Points.[/align]

[spoiler=credit]Credit (OR IS IT?!?!?!?!?!)

Good to be back (again) after a short break (again).

Lets see what I can say about this Synchro Monster here...:

Summoning Conditions: (When it comes to the typing arrangement of the Synchro Material Monsters, you are completely correct. However, the summoning condition at the beginning of it's effect is incorrectly typed. "This card cannot be Special Summoned." should be "This card cannot be Special Summoned, except by Synchro Summon.", otherwise you wouldn't be able to Summon this monster at all. ...then again, this should have been in the Grammar section...whoops.)

Effect: 7.5/10 (I personally would like certain aspects of the effect, but something within it keeps me at a distance... The fact that you need a high amount of Spellcaster-Type monsters on your field to attack directly makes the effect unreliable, while at the same time, controlling 2 DARK monsters prevents this card from being attacked at all. Without proper limiters, this card becomes both underpowered and overpowered simultaneously. Even so, I have seen Synchro Monsters with stronger effects, such as the same-ATK monster, "Thought Ruler Archfiend" with the effect of gaining Life Points equal to the original ATK of the monster it destroys (the counter-effect to Psychic Decks) and also allows you to pay 500 Life Points (the usual Psychic-Type cost) to negate the activation and effect of a card that targets a Psychic-Type monster you control and destroy it. The beginning effect isn't unique (the same as "Black Rose Dragon", except with the summoning condition). The end effect seems not only weak, but in other conditions, counterproductive. Maybe raise the Life Point loss the opponent would encounter if it is destroyed or make the first of its last effect only damage the card's "controller" so if control is switched to the opponent, the opponent takes the damage. The effect of a Synchro Monster this powerful should have a little more power behind it, but some limits to its power.)

Grammar: 9.5/10 (I like the grammar, but as pointed out before, the summoning condition needed to be reworked.)

ATK: (Hmm... Maybe you should raise the ATK a little, seeing that the card is relatively weak as a Level 9 Synchro. Just a suggestion, seeing as the effect could protect it, but should be reworked...)

Overall: 8.5 (I do like the cards you have made, and I know Synchros are/were a new frontier for you. I do feel that this card is good in its own light, but with a little tweaking, it could be a nicely contained force to look out for. Also, nice Chrono Trigger reference...)

this is a very good card, nice effects, and the requirements are good as well.

Only a few things:

In the card effect it states "This card cannot be special summoned." But I think you meant to say it can only be special summoned by sychro summon, because if not it couldn't be special summoned at all!

Next, instead of "lose life points" it should be "takes damage" so in the end, the effect should look like this:

This card cannot be Special Summoned except by Synchro Summon. When this card is Synchro Summoned, you can destroy all cards on the field. If you control 2 or more DARK monsters, this card cannot be declared as an attack target. If your opponent controls a Spellcaster-Type monster, this card loses 200 ATK. If you control exactly 4 Spellcaster-Type monsters, this card can attack directly. If this card attacks directly this way, halve it's ATK during the Damage Step only. If you control 2 or more non-Spellcaster-Type monsters, destroy this card. If this card is destroyed by it's own effect, the controller takes 1000 points of damage. If this card is destroyed by battle, your opponent takes 500 Points of damage.

Overall, I give it a 8/10. Very nice! Keep it up.

hollowmaster999: Not to raise something, but "points of damage" isn't used in current grammar.

I do, however, thank you for covering what I may have missed... The effect should have been "inflict 500 damage to your opponent."

I may give good critique (at least, other people say), but I do sometimes miss certain errors that prompt me to make a later post to correct the mistake or edit my last post... -_-'''

This card cannot be Special Summoned except by Synchro Summon. When this card is Synchro Summoned' date=' you can destroy all cards on the field. If you control 2 or more DARK monsters, this card cannot be declared as an attack target. If your opponent controls a Spellcaster-Type monster, this card loses 200 ATK. If you control exactly 4 Spellcaster-Type monsters, this card can attack directly . If this card attacks directly this way, halve it's ATK during the Damage Step only. If you control 2 or more non-Spellcaster-Type monsters, destroy this card. [b']If this card is destroyed by it's own effect, the controller takes 1000 points of damage[/b]. If this card is destroyed by battle, your opponent takes 500 Points of damage.

Overall, I give it a 8/10. Very nice! Keep it up.

It's not supposed to be EXACTLY 4 Spellcasters, you just have to say 4 Spellcasters, because it doesn't say 4 or more! But I'll change it anyway. And For the bolded part, I WANT the original owner to take damage

Overall: 8.5 (I do like the cards you have made' date=' and I know Synchros are/were a new frontier for you. I do feel that this card is good in its own light, but with a little tweaking, it could be a nicely contained force to look out for. [b']Also, nice Chrono Trigger reference...[/b])

What's a Chrono Trigger?

Archived