Twilightsworn cards. My own take on Lightsworns. New cards added daily (4/???)

Shiranui

[align=center]And here they are. I plan to have at least the same number of these as Lightsworn cards. Comments and OCG fixes greatly appreciated. Just saying OP'd and leaving=unhelpful.

167237qf7.jpg[/align]

Effect:As long as another "Twilightsworn" card remains face-up, this card's attribute is also treated as LIGHT. When your opponent declares an attack, you can discard 1 card from your hand to halve the attacking monster's ATK. When this effect is used the attacking monster attacks the controller of this card directly. If this card is face-up when your take Direct Battle Damage, increase this card's ATK and DEF by 500 until the End Phase of your turn. When this card destroys a monster your opponent controls, you can activate 1 of the following effects by sending 1 face-up card you control to your opponent's Graveyard:

-This card's attribute is treated as only DARK until your End Phase. Any Battle Damage your opponent takes is doubled.

-You take damage equal to half the destroyed monster's ATK. Select 1 card in your opponent's Graveyard and place it on the top of your Deck.

During your End Phase, send the top 2 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard.

167237rz2.jpg

p><p>Effect: This card

-All face-up "Twilightsworn" cards are treated as LIGHT. During your End Phase, increase your Life Points by the number of Monster Cards destroyed during your Battle Phase x300

-All face-up "Twilightsworn" cards are treated as DARK. During your Battle Phase, decrease your Life Points by 100 for each monster removed from the field. During the End Phase this effect was activated, select cards in your opponent's Graveyard equal to the number of monster destroyed during the Battle Phase and add them to your Deck. Your Deck is then shuffled.

During your opponent's turn, discard 1 "Twilightsworn" card in your hand to the Graveyard to activate 1 of the following effects:

-Your opponent can attack you directly during their Battle Phase. Each time you take Direct Battle Damage, draw 1 card from your Deck and send the top card of your Deck to the Graveyard.

-Your opponent can only attack Set Spell or Trap Cards on your field. For each Spell or Trap Card sent to the Graveyard by battle, you can pay 500 Life Points to add 1 Spell or Trap Card to your hand from your Deck.

During your End Phase, send 1 card on your field to the Graveyard.

p><p>Effect: This card

Effect: During your Main Phase, you can tribute 1 face-up "Twilightsworn" card to increase this card's ATK by 500 until the the End Phase. When a "Twilightsworn" card you control is sent to the Graveyard by a Monster Effect, change this card's Attribute to DARK. When this card's Attribute is treated as DARK it gains the following effect:

-For each monster your opponent controls, this card gains 100 ATK.

During your End Phase send the top 4 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard.

The main name for your theme needs work. The "Twilight" aspect of the name is fine but tacking on "sworn" for the sake of putting a twist to Lightsworn is lame, in my opinion. It rolls off the tongue awkwardlyand I think you can get away with just calling them "Twilight" monsters. Personally, I never liked the fact that the TCG renamed Lightlords to Lightsworn but I'm just ranting at this point.

There are some minor wording issues to your cards. You actually don't need to write that "your deck is shuffled" when you have an effect that adds or removes a specific card from your deck. It is implied that a specific card that is added or removed from your deck is automatically shuffled afterwords. Also, official TCG/OCG cards do not use "-" when they list multiple effects. Instead they use "●" to list multiple effects. They also don't list the effects on a new line, it is written as one continuous line due to spacing issues. For a better understanding of what I'm trying to explain look at the TCG card "World Tree."

Anyways, tacking on too many effects per card really clutters things up and makes them undesirable to read/use. I suggest you remove some effects to your cards or try to find ways to combine the effects into something more manageable for each card. Furthermore, tacking on multiple effects per card risks making them overpowered so trying to condense/reduce the effects as much as possible can help avoid that issue. Rachel in particular contains far too many effects and I would take the last 2 effects it has and tack that onto a different card.

Effect wise I think the first 2 cards are all over the place and lack direction in what the theme is trying to accomplish. If you look at the Lightsworn theme each card has a simplistic yet effective effect that work in combination with each on top of their milling. These cards on the other hand make it difficult to understand what is trying to be achieved in the long run (yea, I know you don't have all of the cards completed). I like the concept of changing the attribute of the monster to the opposite attribute and spinning an effect through that. Personally, I'd ditch the milling aspect of the theme since it doesn't seem to be all that necessary and doing anything similar to Lightsworn makes your cards lack originality. Especially, if their Boss monster is summoned in a similar fashion to Judgment Dragon.

So far I think the card the best represents how the theme works would be Isaachar, the Twlightsworn Crusader.

Also, remember to give image credit for your cards. You need to list where you got each image for your cards otherwise you risk having your thread being closed due to violation of the rules.

Archived