Ragnorok Online Monsters..............Completed

rokusho87

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow... this is quite a monstrous project, with that massive amount of cards... on the other hand, many of them are underpowered and/or has repetitive effects. I guess this is because they have similar effects to each other in the game, and the flavor makes them that way.

The list of cards I can see the usefulness (some of them, especially the Tribute Fodder generators are actually edgy on balance / may be imbalanced):

Lv 01~10: (In general, you have to protect these somehow, Gravity Bind or similar can work well.)

Drops (card drawing effects are always good)

Thief Bug (could annoy your opponent)

Eclipse and Dragon Fly with their respective Special Summonable monster (could make a good Tribute Fodder)

Lv 11~20:

Zombie (Does it apply only if you take Effect Damage or Battle Damage, or can you halve pay costs, too?)

Vocal with its Special Summonable monster (Tribute Fodder generator and Spell negater? We are getting edgy on balance ...)

Ghostring with its Special Summonable monster (Tribute Fodder generator, and as Warriors are quite popular, its second effect is quite good, too)

Poison Spore (If you can keep it alive...)

Elder Willow (With enough luck, you can fetch the Spell Cards you need quite fast)

Angeling (Okay... you can pretty much fill your field with this card... balance issues may happen...)

Lv 21~30:

Marina (A stall deck could see a use of that)

Cornutus (Another stalling card, yet there are existing ways for doing so)

Zerom (Another card drawing effect)

Vagabond Wolf (Tribute Fodder generator)

Eggyra (Actually, the effect of this card is overpowered, combo it with Swords of Revealing Light / Nightmare's Steelcage = constant protection)

Pirate Skeleton (Overpowered effect, combined with Solemn Judgement or similar)

Phen (If you are heavy on Spell Card using, it may have its uses)

Marine Sphere (Built-in Dark Hole effect? Overpowered...)

Lv 31~40

Deviling (Tribute Fodder generator and a wall when attacked...)

Sohee (Add the Spell Cards to hand? And return the rest to the Deck?)

Miyabi Doll (Same deal as with Sohee)

Horong (Could be an amusing counter against Flip Effect monsters)

Mummy (Rapid draw effect)

Parasite (Does the effect works multiple times? If yes, it can make an effective wall)

Verit (More Spell Card fetching)

Lv 41~50

Megalith (Powerful effect, poor stats - which makes easier to look for it)

Brilight (Similar, but FIRE monsters are harder to fetch)

Strouf (Great against Fiend-Type... maybe a bit too good with its last effect, combined with A Legendary Ocean - which counts as Umi)

Lv 51~60

Carat (Super fetching skills, poor stats)

Disguise (Another spell blocker with a burn effect, with still low stats)

Yao Jun (Negate all attacks? Even though it needs that other monster...)

Clock (Stall card, but quite good for that)

Lv 61~70

No one would do 2 Tributes for these cards... either they have very weak stats, not so great effects, or you can do similar or better with the earlier cards or by existing cards

Lv 71~80

Assaulter (Its Special Summon effect and (when attacks) high ATK could make it actually useful)

Samurai Specter (While attacking, it can destroy anything? Wow... also Tribute Fodder generator)

Bloody Murderer (+1000 ATK when attacking? Quite a beatstick)

In total I have to see, that while I see the amount of effort you put into these cards, you did not really check the actually usability of them. That's why many of your cards ended quite useless, and most of the others have gamebreaking potential (especially the easy card fetching effects). The idea is good, but you don't have to strictly limit yourself to the Levels that way. Even 1 tribute monsters need a good reason to play, and for 2 tribute monsters, it stands even stronger.

Yes, I read through them. It's a pity that many of them are quite underpowered. Some method to easier summoning them would be needed, especially for the higher leveled ones. A few of them has abusable effects, though.

Favorite effect: Hard to decide, because of the mentioned reasons.

Favorite image: Alice (it's a maid ^^)

Completed the series!!!!!! With a total of 330 cards!!!!!!

But for those plays the game or are looking through every monster in the database you will know that I'm still missing roughly 100 monsters since their pictures are not provided.

Thank you for those viewers for keeping up with the updates and for those whose commented on the cards.

Hmm, interesting cards--kick-ass pictures. Wow. The only problems I have are: OCG errors [minor], Grammatical errors [minor], and for every type, it's all lower-cased letters, because the first letter should be larger than the following letters. That's just nitpicking though. xD

4.5/5 - 90/100 = A-

Archived