Satanic Duracell

MastaCow116

sbd, if I was a mod I'd give you a temporary ban. Trolling is not tolerated here. While it's certainly ok to have a little bit of fun while you completely deconstruct a noob's deck, that deconstruction must take place. You're not helping him by saying - your sheet, + my sheet (And yes, you're deck, while not as bad as his, is an inconsistent piece of sheet.)

Instead, you must explain to him why certain choices are bad, why certain strategies are bad, etc. And then alter his deck to match your improvements. The only time when you can simply order his deck discarded is when the noob just puts up a generic beatdown/burn/whatever deck. At that point, it is appropriate to advise him/her/it upon the necessity of picking a specific strategy to run, and not attempting to match a theme. (Say, running A Wingbeat of Giant Dragon instead of Heavy Storm just because you're playing a Dragon deck.)

That's not to say you can't make it clear to him that you think the deck design is terrible. YOu just have to make the attempt at being polite first.

sbd' date=' if I was a mod I'd give you a temporary ban. Trolling is not tolerated here. While it's certainly ok to have a little bit of fun while you completely deconstruct a noob's deck, that deconstruction must take place. You're not helping him by saying - your s***, + my s*** (And yes, you're deck, while not as bad as his, is an inconsistent piece of s***.)

Instead, you must explain to him why certain choices are bad, why certain strategies are bad, etc. And then alter his deck to match your improvements. The only time when you can simply order his deck discarded is when the noob just puts up a generic beatdown/burn/whatever deck. At that point, it is appropriate to advise him/her/it upon the necessity of picking a specific strategy to run, and not attempting to match a theme. (Say, running A Wingbeat of Giant Dragon instead of Heavy Storm just because you're playing a Dragon deck.)

That's not to say you can't make it clear to him that you think the deck design is terrible. YOu just have to make the attempt at being polite first.

[/quote']

its an otk... of course its inconsistent...

and telling them what is wrong takes to much typing.... besides other members will do it...

sbd' date=' if I was a mod I'd give you a temporary ban. Trolling is not tolerated here. While it's certainly ok to have a little bit of fun while you completely deconstruct a noob's deck, that deconstruction must take place. You're not helping him by saying - your s***, + my s*** (And yes, you're deck, while not as bad as his, is an inconsistent piece of s***.)

[/quote']

its an otk... of course its inconsistent...

and telling them what is wrong takes to much typing.... besides other members will do it...

OTK's aren't necessarily inconsistent. (And obviously, Batterymen can only exist in OTK form.)

But there are some obviously problematic choices here. You run only 2 sources of draw power, to start with. And there are only 6 targets for Trade-In in the deck. (Inconsistency galore in an already inconsistent deck. This could be mitigated if you were running enough other draw power to draw towards Trade-In's targets, but you're not.)

The Lightsworn are a meh choice. Normally deck mill is good, but when the key to your combo is an unsearchable Spell card, and you're running an OTK deck that will be turboing through your cards, you'd probably rather that any copies of that card remained in the deck for you to draw towards. Solar Recharge will be milling, Charge will be milling, Lyla will be milling....

It's actually a good idea, because the Wulves allow an impromptu OTK to be performed without Ritual Art on hand. ( Wulf, 2 AA (summoned with Portable Battery Pack) and a Guardian of Order) However, I'm just not sure it's a worthwhile trade-off considering that the TRUE lynchpin of the deck is IRS.

Marauding Captain is practically a necessity in any Batteryman deck. He's far better than Charger. (I only run the Charger because he is recursable by Battery Charger, so he can make for an easy impromptu OTK.)

This is what I would do. (I'm going to try out the Lightsworn concept)

Monsters: 17

3 Guardian of Order

3 Batteryman Industrial Strength

1 Batteryman Charger

3 Batteryman AA

2 Wulf, Lightsworn Beast

3 Jain, Lightsworn Paladin

2 Marauding Captain

Spells: 23

1 Heavy Storm

3 Short Circuit

1 Monster Reborn

2 Battery Charger

1 Foolish Burial

2 Reinforcement of the Army

1 Charge of the Light Brigade

3 Solar Recharge

3 Trade-In

3 Hand Destruction

3 Inferno Reckless Summon

the lightsworn thing was something my friend has been wanting me to try out for a while so i decided to do it now...

there were more than 2 sources of draw, albeit, the other was crappy... thinking back on it im not really sure why i used microcell... i had a reason but i forget it so it must not have been very good one... i didnt even think about marauding captain... i was focusing more on summoning them from the grave and did worry about the cards i needed being milled i was contemplating magical stone but since im not building the deck irl i didnt worry about it...

the lightsworn thing was something my friend has been wanting me to try out for a while so i decided to do it now...

there were more than 2 sources of draw' date=' albeit, the other was crappy... thinking back on it im not really sure why i used microcell... i had a reason but i forget it so it must not have been very good one... i didnt even think about marauding captain... i was focusing more on summoning them from the grave and did worry about the cards i needed being milled i was contemplating magical stone but since im not building the deck irl i didnt worry about it...

[/quote']

Microcell's good in the slower forms of the deck that rely more on stall. He can pull a Battery D from your deck and force your opponent to attack that. Also, if he gets by a turn unscathed, you can flip him and chain IRS. (You just can't do it during the damamge step)

I'll walk into my own thread, and ask what's occurred here. D:

The LS Idea is simply beautiful, I've honestly never thought of combining the two. Gooman was a thought throughout deck building, but more expensive then the other cards at the time. It all just flows. I don't want to steal a deck design outright, so I'm going to sit down and think about good additions that aren't a solemn.

Archived