Beginnings of Aether (set: 5/???)

K.B. strategist

Welcome to the realm of Aether

Welcome to the realm of Aether

[align=CENTER]Time has no meaning in this forever plane of the upper sky. Kneel before the heavens!

This is the beginning of my new set that features the new attribute; Aether! All Aether monsters cannot attack, or be attacked. They're effects are based around Special Summoning and removing from play, and both their ATK and DEF are treated as 0. They will be designed to support a new archetype that currently... has no name. :-?

For those of you who don't know what Aether is;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aether

115006fj6.jpg

[spoiler= Effect:]This card cannot be destroyed by an opponent's card effect. During each of your Standby Phases, remove from play 1 AETHER monster from your Graveyard. If you do not, this card is destroyed. When a Spell, Trap, or Monster Card Effect activates that targets 1 AETHER monster you control, you can remove from play the targeted monster to negate it's activation and destroy the card. During your End Phase, Special Summon the removed from play monster and place 1 counter on this card. You can remove 3 counters from this card and destroy all monsters you control to Special Summon 1 of your removed from play monsters. You cannot conduct your Normal Summon or Set during the turn you activate this effect.

[/align]

[align=CENTER][spoiler=Art Credit:]Qlink from DeviantArt. (creative commons licence)

115006do4.jpg[/align]

[align=CENTER][spoiler= Art Credit] http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/cardart/HM/Aether_Storm.jpg

This card seems broken at first glance, but it really isn't.[/align]

115006ke1.jpg

2cmnckz.jpg[/align]

[align=CENTER][spoiler= Effect:]This card cannot declare an attack. This card cannot be selected as an attack target. When this card is Special Summoned and during each of your Standby Phases place Element Counters on this card equal to the number of cards in your hand. During each of your End Phases remove all counters from this card. While this card is face-up on the field negate the effects of all cards that would cause a player to discard. Once per turn, while there are 3 or more counters on this card you can select and activate 1 of the following effects:

• Remove 1 card on the field from play. The Life Points of the player who does not control the removed from play card are decreased by 700 during each of his/her Standby Phases.

• Remove 1 card in your hand or Graveyard from play.

• Pay 1000 Life Points. Special Summon 1 removed from play monster. That monster cannot declare an attack this turn.

[/align]

[align=CENTER]n63vhj.jpg

[spoiler= Effect:]This card cannot declare an attack. This card cannot be selected as an attack target. While this card is face-up on the field double your hand size limit. When this card is Summoned and during each of your following Standby Phases place Element Counters on this card equal to the number of cards in your hand. During each of your End Phases remove all counters from this card. Once per turn, while there are 3 or more Element Counters on this card you can activate the following effect:

- Draw 1 card from your Deck and discard 1 card from your hand. If the discarded card was a Monster Card remove it from play and during your second Standby Phase after activation you can pay 1000 Life Points to Special Summon it. If you activate this effect you cannot conduct your Normal Summon or Set this turn.

[/align]

[spoiler= Art credit for both:] Pseudolonewolf, deviantArt

[spoiler= Art credit for both:]

Thanks :). I would have some more ready now but I'm having difficulties finding good pics for monsters.

The monsters I made originally for this gained effects through counters placed on them, determined by the amount of cards in one's hand. They were designed for an archetype I was making but did not continue with. I'm still deciding whether to keep this theme through the whole set or not.

Ah well, I have no good experience when it comes to graphics. How should I add the shading?

And like I said, these were prototypes.

That's how it is in all attributes. I did put the writing in english at the top.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot the difference between Kanji and Katakana, but right. There was no Kanji for it.

K, I made those monsters a while ago, so will check.

Ah well' date=' I have no good experience when it comes to graphics. How should I add the shading?

And like I said, these were prototypes.

That's how it is in all attributes. I did put the writing in english at the top.

K, I made those monsters a while ago, so will check.

[/quote']

Just darken the edges of the circle.

Ah, nvm, I just checked. No Kanji for "aether", lol.

Archived