House MD Discussion

Wyhe

Ever heard of House MD? If you have heard & have something to say about it, discuss right here! If not, I got the info for you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_(TV_series)

I only began watching this show towards the end of last year & I instantly like it. It may be a show about doctors, but House is not the generic "goody-two-shoes" doctor. (that honor goes to either Cameron, Wilson or perhaps Cuddy)

He is very funny guy with all his funny insults & comments attacking people out of race, religion, gender, or just basically anything.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have seen every episode. You know that the actor is British.

I know' date=' but he doesn't sound too British to me. (he doesn't sound like some high-class stuck-up snob)

Yeah, it's great. My favorite episode is still 'Joy', although admittedly i haven't seen all the episodes.

To tell you the truth, since House is rather outdated in Singapore, (still at Season 2) I watch it mainly in HK where it is faster & my cousin got updated collections of TV shows & movies.

Watched all of Season 1-4 so far...

Yes well, wrong show for you mate. :P

Something I love about House, is that among the million diagnosis they come up with during each episode, the ones I'm familiar with actually make sense, meaning medical credibility is actually used when writing the scripts.

Of course, I don't know nearly enough to even come close to getting 1 diagnosis right, but I try. It's heart-warming when a character brings up a disease I actually thought of. :P

What makes that heart warming? They have a disease........

And yes' date=' it does freak me out, but I still watch it cuz House is just a total A$$ to the people in the hospital. Especially when he's in the clinic.

[/quote']

The fact I actually know enough to think of an acceptable hypothesis, even if it's ultimately wrong. Medicine can be extremely heart-warming when you do it right. ;)

I still haven't started doing clinic yet, I'll begin around April/May, but think about it... It's not the most interesting place to be. Cracking difficult illnesses with amazing differentials > listening to the same boring diseases over and over and over. Sure, people are ill, it's a doctor's job to heal them, but colds and diabetes get old after a while. Give him a break. :P

What makes that heart warming? They have a disease........

And yes' date=' it does freak me out, but I still watch it cuz House is just a total A$$ to the people in the hospital. Especially when he's in the clinic.

[/quote']

The fact I actually know enough to think of an acceptable hypothesis, even if it's ultimately wrong. Medicine can be extremely heart-warming when you do it right. ;)

I still haven't started doing clinic yet, I'll begin around April/May, but think about it... It's not the most interesting place to be. Cracking difficult illnesses with amazing differentials > listening to the same boring diseases over and over and over. Sure, people are ill, it's a doctor's job to heal them, but colds and diabetes get old after a while. Give him a break. :P

Yeah, but it's so funny to watch what he says to them.

Archived