1xMagical Android

1xBrionac, Dragon of the Ice Boundary

1xMist Wurm

List of OCG Monster Effects:

BF - Gale of the Hurricane

Winged Beast/Tuner/Effect

Dark/Level 3

ATK/DEF: 1300/400

If you control a "Black Feather" monster other than "Black Feather - Gale of the Hurricane", you can Special Summon this card from your hand. Once per turn, you can half the ATK and DEF of 1 face-up monster on your opponent's field.

BF - Blast of Black Spear

Winged Beast/Effect

Dark/Level 4

ATK/DEF: 1700/800

If you control a "Black Feather" monster other than "Black Feather - Blast of Black Lance", you can Special Summon this card from your hand. When this card attacks with an ATK that is higher than the DEF of a Defense Position monster, inflict the difference as Battle Damage to your opponent's Life Points.

BF - Sirocco of Dawn

Winged Beast/Effect

Dark/Level 5

ATK/DEF: 2000/900

If your opponent controls a monster and you control no monsters, you can Normal Summon this card from your hand without Tributes. Once per turn, you can select 1 face-up "Blackwing" monster you control. The ATK of the selected monster is increased by the combined ATK of all face-up "Blackwing" monsters you control, other than the selected monster. During the turn this effect was activated, only the selected monster can attack.

BF - Armored Wing

Winged Beast/Synchro/Effect

Dark/Level 7

ATK/DEF: 2500/1500

1 "Black Feather" Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters This card cannot be destroyed by battle. Any Battle Damage the controller receives as a result of this card being in battle becomes 0. Place 1 Wedge Counter on a monster this card attacks (Max. 1). You can remove all Wedge Counters from your opponent's monsters, the ATK and DEF of those monsters becomes 0 until the End Phase.

Dark Simorgh

Winged Beast/Effect

Dark/Level 7

ATK/DEF: 2700/1000

This card's Attribute is also treated as WIND. You can Special Summon this card from your hand by removing from play 1 DARK monster and 1 WIND monster in your Graveyard. You can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard by removing from play 1 DARK monster and 1 WIND monster in your hand. While you control this face-up card, your opponent cannot Set or flip face-down any cards.

Soldier of Mist Valley

Winged Beast/Tuner/Effect

Wind/Level 4

ATK/DEF: 1700/300

When this monster battles an opponent's monster, unless the opponent's monster is destroyed by battle, it is returned to the owner's hand at the end of the Damage Step.

Falcon of Mist Valley

Winged Beast/Effect

Wind/Level 4

ATK/DEF: 2000/1200

This card cannot declare an attack unless you return 1 card you control to the owner's hand.

Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Boundary

Sea Serpent/Synchro/Effect

Water/Level 6

ATK/DEF: 2300/1400

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters Discard any number of cards from your hand to return from the field to the owner's hand, the same number of cards you discarded.

Mist Wurm

Thunder/Synchro/Effect

Wind/Level 9

ATK/DEF: 2500/1500

1 Tuner + 2 or more non-Tuner monsters When this card is Synchro Summoned, return up to 3 cards your opponent controls to the owner's hand.

Eventually I’ll be using the following 2 monsters in the Deck:

BF - Arms Wing

Winged-Beast/Synchro/Effect

DARK/Level6

ATK/DEF: 2300/1000

1 "Black Feather" Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, it gains 500 ATK during the Damage Step. When this card attacks a Defense Position monster, if its ATK is higher than that monster's DEF, inflict the difference as Battle Damage to your opponent.

BF - Blizzard of the North Pole

Winged-Beast/Tuner/Effect

DARK/ Level 2

1300/0

This card cannot be Special Summoned. When this card is successfully Normal Summoned, you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or less "Blackwing" monster from your Graveyard in face-up Defense Position. The effect(s) of the monster Special Summoned by this effect are negated.

Okay, I love the Black Feather theme and what they bring to the game and how they elevate a wide variety of decks including teleDAD. In an attempt to alter a teleDAD deck with Black Feathers I’ve stumbled across interesting combinations of Winged-Beast that I couldn’t pass up at all. The deck has a multitude of synergies.

Black Feathers have incredible swarm power and are all Dark Winged-Beast monsters meaning they work with Allure of Darkness and Icarus Attack. The downside of Icarus Attack is minimized thanks to their swarm capabilities and the eventual drop of BF – Blizzard of the North Pole.

In order to run Dark Simorgh on a reliable basis I need to run some Wind monsters in the deck, which I admit clashes with DAD at times. However, the lock down that Dark Simorgh provides is too good to pass up. Falcon of the Mist Valley has huge ATK for a level 4 monster and can ATK over typical opening plays that teleDAD/GB/Lightsworn play. Furthermore, the returning a card to your hand is not that huge of a cost since I can set a spell/trap and return it to my hand to ATK but I can reuse Swords of Revealing Light to sort of lock my opponent from the battle phase. Soldier of the Mist Valley is a Level 4 tuner with 1700 ATK so it’s a decent beat stick and fast level 8’s. It also has the added ability to spin a monster my opponent controls if it couldn’t be destroyed taking care of some pesky monsters.

An early Dark Simorgh & Anti-Spell Fragrance can pretty much win the game for you as you lock out your opponent from playing spells/traps and setting monsters. Dark Simorgh has no Summoning restrictions but carries 2 easy Special Summoning conditions meaning he can drop at a moment’s notice.

So to speed the arrival of Dark Simorgh I’ve included Ninja monsters and you may be wondering why but look up Ninjitsu Art of Transformation. It basically states tribute a ninja monster to special summon 1 winged-beast monster whose level is equal or lower to the tribute monsters level +3. So Tributing Strike Ninja means an instant Dark Simorgh while tributing Lady Ninja Yae can net me any Winged-Beast from my Deck for fast Synchro Summons if necessary.

Strike Ninja is in there because it is a Dark monster which works with Allure but also for its Graveyard management to help get DAD out on the field. Lady Ninja Yae can pave the way for attacks by spinning my opponents backrow at the cost of discarding a Wind Monster.

The deck is highly susceptible to Royal Oppression and Crush Card Virus and I haven’t really found a way to avoid that. My saving grave to Royal Oppression is Icarus Attack but I think the anti-meta match is not to my favor. Furthermore, the monster lineup doesn’t allow me to run Crush Card Virus in the Deck unless I decide to run D.D. Crow among other things but then deck space becomes tight. Stuff that would allow me to run CCV is definitely in my side deck and I can swap out the ninja cards to switch up the pacing of my deck.

I don't really like Burden of the Mighty in the Deck but I can't really figure out better alternatives. I'm contemplating on increasing the Trap Count by adding in cards like Bottomless Trap Hole but I'm concerned with cards like Thought Ruler Archfiend and Stardust Dragon. Furthermore, common synchro materials for those cards are usually mal and krebons meaning they can get by the trap hole. I know this isn't the best build of the deck but I think the concept can be expanded upon and may have the potential to shake up the metagame.

Archived