a way to couteract monarchs

Anti-Monarch deck: (You will find this deck very useful since half the time your dueling Monarchs, and the other half of the time your dueling Gadgets)

Monsters: 20

Giant Rat x3

Exiled Force x3

Mystic Swordman LV2 x3

Injection Fairy Lily x3

D.D. Crow x2

Ancient Gear Engineer

Card Trooper

Breaker the Magical Warrior

Magician of Faith

Sangan

D.D. Warrior Lady

Spells: 11

Premature Burial

Heavy Storm

Mystical Space Typhoon

Creature Swap x2

Nobleman of Crossout x2

Reinforcements of the Army x2

Pot of Avarice x2

Traps: 9

Call of the Haunted

Mirror Force

Torrential Tribute

Pulling the Rug x3

Mask of Restirict x3

:lol:

This is so cute what you guys are doing, monarchs aren't even a threat, I always get 1-4 with bottomless and trap holes.

Want to know the best thing if your going to Mask of Restrict?

Mist King

http://www.janime.info/Genex/cards_amon.html#mking

He is in fact Mask Of Restrict in creature form, plus he makes it so Panther Warrior can't use his ability to tribute a monster, as well as other cards requiring tribute to work (Even yubel).

Mist King does the exact same thing and has a sort of Maju Garzett ability, where when tributing him like I offer him a Red Eyes and Blue Eyes White Dragon and gets ATK equal to the combined amount of the two which in this case would be 5400 with Mask of Restrict effect working.

Orochi is right. if you want to stop monarchs' date=' deck 2 Nobleman of Crossout, Shield Crush, Fissure, and even maybe Kycoo the Ghost destroyer or soul release to get rid of Treeborn, if youre desperate.

[/quote']

not kycoo or soul release... just a good reliable D.D. crow... is WAY better effective...

ok, monarchs are simple enough to control. First, try to avoid using cards that they use. This biggest card is Cyber dragon. Instead, try using vanity's fiend. That stops all pesky grave keeper spy's, cyber dragon, treeborn, and any other searchers. Next find a way to get at that hand. I like to use ANTE, thats me but thats what i like to use. Is ante for everybody, no, Why? a lot of people dont use big enough creatures. Next Magic drain. Again shrink their hand because spell cards are the basic of any deck. (Monsters are what wins the games, traps are for protecting Your game, and spells are the game.) Pulling the rug (rug burn) is the fad now for countering monarchs, but id use divine wrath. Yes you loose 1 card from your hand, but you get to destroy much more monsters with it than rug burn. Mask of restrict is a no no if you use any tributes at all, no matter how little. Never use a strategy that will harm you. Actualy, stay away from all continuous cards if you can, except for mabey call. There are just too many destroyer cards around. And after that bur deck won sjc, im sure many people are side decking twister.

Anyway, as long as you stay aggresive, monarchs can't live.

Archived