Star's Picks for the Best of 2008 [Movies]

Synchronized

Best (1 being the best)

1. Get Smart

2. Batman: The Dark Knight

3. Hancock

4. Horton Hears a Who [Not, OMG amazing, but it was nice for the kind of movie that it was.]

5. Tropic Thunder

6. Vantage Point [Good movie, bad ending.]

7. Drillbit Taylor

Ok, so top seven. Not bad.

What about "Wanted"?

I think that's a pretty good movie that deserves a rank...

-Glass [:

I think Wanted was a horrible movie. The only good part about it was the ending.

Transformers? or did that come out in 07 o_O

Transformers is my second favorite movie of all time' date=' but it came out in 2007.

Transformers? Step Brothers? Pineapple Express?

Read the above. Step Brothers was horrible, and I didn't see Pineapple Express.

My' date=' my. Wall-E, anyone?

[/quote']

I know. The best Animated film ever isn't even on the list.

Also, I strongly dissagree with The Dark Knight at two.

Anything below one is an insult to Heath Ledger's memory.

I haven't seen Wall-E. In my opinion, The Dark Knight was good, but there are better movies. I think The Dark Knight had a horrible ending.

you say stepbrothers was horrible yet you have tropic thunder in there and hancock...

and the dark knight has to be top...

Tropic Thunder was hilarious. Hancock wasn't meant to be a comedy, it was meant to be an action movie. So comparing Stepbrothers to Hancock is like comparing Sour Candy to Sweet Candy. They serve different purposes.

The Dark Knight doesn't have to be top, as this is a list of my picks for the Best Movies of 2008. The Dark Knight was a good movie, but I strongly disliked the ending, and therefore, it doesn't get my number one spot.

Transformers? or did that come out in 07 o_O

Transformers is my second favorite movie of all time' date=' but it came out in 2007.

Transformers? Step Brothers? Pineapple Express?

Read the above. Step Brothers was horrible, and I didn't see Pineapple Express.

My' date=' my. Wall-E, anyone?

[/quote']

I know. The best Animated film ever isn't even on the list.

Also, I strongly dissagree with The Dark Knight at two.

Anything below one is an insult to Heath Ledger's memory.

I haven't seen Wall-E. In my opinion, The Dark Knight was good, but there are better movies. I think The Dark Knight had a horrible ending.

The Dark Knight took the traditional view of good and evil and twisted it around.

It created the idea that there is something more than a hero, that the hero a city needs, is a villain to fight. That they save the good guy by becoming the bad guy. Harvey Dent became the villain, but he was the face of growth within the society, so they took the one people would expect, because the truth is harder to understand than lies.

The Dark Knight wasn't just an action movie, it was an introspective look at the societal mind. It was metacognition in action, and the ending was the icing on the cake for the best movie ever.

You are seriously mistaken' date=' Dark Knight is the only one of those that deserves to be anywhere near the top 7.

[/quote']

I only used movies that I saw to make the list. If I didn't see a movie, I'm not going to put it on the list, because I don't know how good it is. So, out of the movies I saw that were released in 2008, those are the best.

EDIT: I don't go to the movies that often, and the only time I watch movies is usually at my dad's house, so I don't see a lot of movies anymore.

Archived