Wii vs. PS3

D-Striker

Wii or PS3?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Wii or PS3?

Most young people will say Wii coz it's fun :/

Most older ppl will say PS3, coz its graphics, high tech etc...

Well if the price for Wii is around £180 And Ps3 is around £450

I think maybe, just maybe PS3 might be a tiny bit better [/sarcasm]

Preferably I'd pick Nintendo Wii but PS3 is betta

Guest Supreme Gamesmaster

Wii is FTW. The Sixaxis never works, while Wii is much more responsive, if not perfect. Also, Wii seems to have a faster load speed than the PS3 (though this may be due to the simplistic nature of its games), and it's actually an original idea.

Plus, the Wii has full versatility. If someone wanted to make a serious, console-style game for Wii (for some reason, they haven't yet), they could use the Classic and GC controllers — not our problem they aren't choosing to take advantage of Wii's processing power.

Newer game projects (I forget what that one shooter was called) prove that Wii can have graphics very much on par with XBox 360 and PS3. Sound quality isn't actually a point; everything will sound better with better speakers.

I have no way of fathoming why any individual not seeking to make easy money would install a DVD player on a video game system. Guess it's the same people who put crappy Internet interfaces on "cell phone" handheld computers.

Anything I missed?

The PS3 is way better then the Wii. In some of the games for the Wii that they have for the PS3' date=' the Wii leaves out awesome stuff in thethat the PS3 has in the game. Like SvR 2009. The PS3 has creat a finisher and the Wii doesn't. That is stupid. The creat a finisher is an awesome feature for SvR 2009.

^That why I have both and the PS3 is better and I play it a lot more.^

[/quote']

Your point is invalidated by your use of developer errors as attacks on a console. The two fields are entirely unrelated.

Wii is FTW. The Sixaxis never works' date=' while Wii is much more responsive, if not perfect. Also, Wii seems to have a faster load speed than the PS3 (though this may be due to the simplistic nature of its games), and it's actually an original idea.

[/quote']

I've had a PS3 for almost a year now. And have I ever had any Sixaxis problems? Nope, and I've played Folklore, perhaps one of the titles that put the heaviest strain on it.

Also, define "original idea". Motion sense is original these days?

Plus' date=' the Wii has full versatility. If someone wanted to make a serious, console-style game for Wii (for some reason, they haven't yet), they could use the Classic and GC controllers — not our problem they aren't choosing to take advantage of Wii's processing power.

[/quote']

Plus, the PS3 has full versatility. If someone wanted to make a puzzle game where you catch pink hedgehogs by using a lance and a stapler (for some reason, they haven't yet), they could just do that - not our problem that developers are too stupid to realize no one would buy it.

I have no way of fathoming why any individual not seeking to make easy money would install a DVD player on a video game system. Guess it's the same people who put crappy Internet interfaces on "cell phone" handheld computers.

So, what you're saying is that the implementation of a Blu-Ray player in the PS3, giving you both a console and above mentioned player in one unit - and therefore saving hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars - is completely useless and should be avoided by any sane person?

Guest Fake Apology

Personally,I prefer PS3 over Wii.It has a 40/60/80/160 GB HDD,SD card reader and access to the internet.It also has the ability to play DVD movies.I dont question the fact that Wii has some of those qualities,but i don't know,PS3 seems to be more attractive.

PS3 is MUCH better (wii takes da point outta video games be lazy and blow stuff up)

Wrong.

SSBB you can play with GC controllers' date=' and you can play Mario Kart without it, plus VC. It's your choice to get off your ass or not. =P

[/quote']ah shut up its just my opion

any way it is my time to be lazy

I carnt decide but i do no about ps3 and xbox360.

Ps3 Is better tha the xbox, They both do the same thing!But you have to pay 120=if you pay 10 pound each month

Or pay 40 a year,On the PS3 its free.I just dont see why people realise that,i have them both so i should no.

As for the PS3 and WII ill say that they are the same

exclusive games are awesom and wii has loads because they have the rights to all the nintendo chracters like pokemon, zelda/link, mario{most famous nintendo character} & luigi etc.

and sony and microsoft cannot produce those games

so as i said before wii is EPIC WIN!!!

my ratings

wii~

graphics = 7/10

gamplay = 9.5/10

exclusive games = 7/10

wireless controller for main gameplay of games = 10/10

PS3~

graphics = 9.5/10

gameplay = 6/10

exclusive games = 3/10