Official Upcoming Movies Discussion Thread

The Ruby

[align=center]

I decided to create a continuous thread here in the Movies and Television Section. Basically,

each week I will update this first post with movies that are about to come out either the next

or following week. Hopefully this thread will encourage the members of this board to take a

trip to the local Movie Theatres and enjoy what I like to call, a Cinematic Adventure.

What I will post here are the information of upcoming movies, descriptions, pictures, video links, and

more. I will also include Tags which will show whether said movies are acceptable for your age group.[/align]

The Topics For This Week Are

• New in Town
  • Taken
  • The Uninvited
  • The Class
  • Serbis

Topic One - New In Town

RATED: PG-13

"Renee Zellweger is a Miami businesswoman who is transferred to rural Minnesota and is forced to re-evaluate her big-city values."

Also Known As: 32 and Single Chilled in Miami Thirty Two and Single

Production Status: In Production/Awaiting Release

Genres: Comedy

Running Time: 1 hr. 36 min.

Release Date: January 30th, 2009 (wide)

MPAA Rating: PG-13 for for brief strong language.

Distributors: Lionsgate

Production Co.: Gold Circle Films, Epidemic Pictures and Management, Inc., The Safran Company, Edmonds Entertainment

Studios: Universal Pictures

Financiers: Gold Circle Films

Filming Locations: Miami, Florida USA Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada

Produced in: United States

Videos: Trailer

If your looking for a good laugh, i reccommend this movie. that is if your 14 or older.

Discuss.

Topic Two - Taken

"Liam Neeson is a former government operative who uses his training to rescue his daughter from a slave trade operation."

Genres: Action/Adventure, Art/Foreign, Drama and Thriller

Running Time: 1 hr. 31 min.

Release Date: January 30th, 2009 (wide)

MPAA Rating: PG-13 for intense sequences of violence, disturbing thematic material, sexual content, some drug references and language.

Distributors: 20th Century Fox Distribution

Production Co.: EuropaCorp, M6 Films, Grive Productions

Financiers: Studio Canal, TPS Star

Filming Locations: Paris, France

Produced in: France

From what is shown in the trailer, I think the movie looks like a great thriller.

Discuss.

Topic Three - The Uninvited

"After the death of their mother, two sisters try to convince their father that his current fiancee is not who she pretends to be."

Also Known As: A Tale of 2 Sisters A Tale of Two Sisters

Genres: Suspense/Horror and Remake

Running Time: 1 hr. 27. min.

Release Date: January 30th, 2008 (wide)

MPAA Rating: PG-13 for violent and disturbing images, thematic material, sexual content, language and teen drinking.

Distributors: Paramount Pictures

Production Co.: The Montecito Picture Company, Vertigo Entertainment

Studios: DreamWorks

Filming Locations: Shreveport, Louisiana USA

At first I thought it was sci-fi kind of horror, but I guess I was wrong. Looks like a good suspense, but let's hope it's not another "When a Stranger Calls".

Discuss.

Topic Four - The Class

"An autobiographical drama following a year in the life of a young teacher working at a high school in a tough Paris neighborhood."

Also Known As: Entre les murs

Logline: About a young high-school teacher in a rough Parisian neighborhood who does not hesitate to push his students in order to motivate them.

Genres: Art/Foreign, Drama and Adaptation

Running Time: 2 hr. 9 min.

Release Date: January 30th, 2009 (limited)

MPAA Rating: PG-13 for language.

Distributors: Sony Pictures Classics

Production Co.: Haut et Court, France 2 Cinema

Financiers: France 2, Studio Canal, CineCinema, Cofinova 4, Sofica Soficinema, Centre National de la Cinematographie (CNC), Fonds Images de la Diversite, La Region Ile de France

At least theres a Drama coming out on the 30th. Looks like a nother Freedom Writers Type of movie, which I liked. WARNING, it's in another language, French =P

Topic Five - Serbis

RATED: R

"A drama following the sins, vices and struggles of the Pineda family, who live in and operate a run-down adult movie theater."

Also Known As: Cinema Impierno Serbis Service

Production Status: Released

Genres: Art/Foreign and Drama

Running Time: 1 hr. 34 min.

Release Date: January 16th, 2009 (limited)

MPAA Rating: R for sexual content, nudity and language.

Distributors: Regent Releasing

Production Co.: Swift Productions, CenterStage Productions, Asian Cinema Fund, Hong Kong - Asia Film Financing Forum (HAF), Pusan International Film Festival

Filming Locations:

Manila, Philippines

Not reccommended for ages under 18. Maybe recommended for nudity Lol. I know not that much about it, but looks interesting.

Discuss.

Considering these haven't been listed yet, and they come out tomorrow, I thought I should Post them as well, and put them up for discussion.

Topic One - MILK

New! [spoiler=Movie Details]

His life changed history. His courage changed lives. In 1977, Harvey Milk was elected to the San Francisco Board of Supervisors, becoming the first openly gay man to be voted into public office in America. His victory was not just a victory for gay rights; he forged coalitions across the political spectrum. From senior citizens to union workers, Harvey Milk changed the very nature of what it means to be a fighter for human rights and became, before his untimely death in 1978, a hero for all Americans. Milk charts the last eight years of Harvey Milk's life. While living in New York City, he turns 40. Looking for more purpose, Milk and his lover Scott Smith relocate to San Francisco, where they found a small business, Castro Camera, in the heart of a working-class neighborhood. With his beloved Castro neighborhood and beautiful city empowering him, Milk surprises Scott and himself by becoming an outspoken agent for change. With vitalizing support from Scott and from new friends like young activist Cleve Jones, Milk plunges headfirst into the choppy waters of politics. Bolstering his public profile with humor, Milk's actions speak even louder than his gift-of-gab words. When Milk is elected supervisor for the newly zoned District 5, he tries to coordinate his efforts with those of another newly elected supervisor, Dan White. But as White and Milk's political agendas increasingly diverge, their personal destinies tragically converge. Milk's platform was and is one of hope--a hero's legacy that resonates in the here and now.

Also Known As: Untitled (Groundswell/Gus Van Sant/Harvey Milk Project)

Production Status: Released

Logline: The story of Harvey Milk (1930-1978), the San Francisco supervisor and first openly gay elected official in the United States, who was assassinated along with Mayor George Moscone by Daniel White the year after he was voted to the city supervisors' board.

Genres: Drama, Biopic and Politics/Religion

Running Time: 2 hrs. 8 min.

Release Date: November 26th, 2008 (limited), December 5th (expands)

MPAA Rating: R for language, some sexual content and brief violence.

Distributors: Focus Features International

Production Co.: Groundswell Productions, Jinks/Cohen Company

Studios: Focus Features International

Financiers:

Co-Financier: Groundswell Productions, Focus Features International, Axon Films

U.S. Box Office: $20,543,583

Filming Locations: San Francisco, California USA

Apparently its out already, but here it isn't. It looks like another "Brokeback back Movie" but don't let that discourage you from watching it. It looks like a good movie, just not recommended to minors and christians, Lol.

Discuss.

--------------------

Topic Two - Underworld: Rise of the Lycans

New [spoiler=Movie Details]

Watch the Trailer

Blockbuster: Buy or Rent Online

Explores the origins of the centuries-old blood feud between the aristocratic vampires known as Death Dealers and their onetime slaves, the Lycans.

Also Known As: Prequel Underworld, Underworld 3, Underworld III, Underworld Prequel

Genres: Romance, Suspense/Horror, Thriller and Sequel

Running Time: 1 hr. 32 min.

Release Date: January 23rd, 2009 (wide)

MPAA Rating: R for bloody violence and some sexuality.

Distributors: Sony Pictures Releasing

Production Co.: Sketch Films, Lakeshore Entertainment

Studios: Screen Gems

Filming Locations: Auckland, New Zealand

VERY Much reccomended for everyone, of any age! It might not have the two main original characters, but it looks like it foolws a good plot.

Discuss.

--------------------

Topic Three - Inkheart

RATED: PG

New [spoiler=Movie Details]

Mo Folchart possesses a secret ability to bring characters from books to life when he reads them aloud. But when Mo accidentally brings a power-hungry villain from a rare children's fable to life, the villain kidnaps Mo's daughter and demands Mo bring other evil fictional characters to life. In an attempt to rescue his daughter, Mo assembles a disparate group of friends --both real and magic--and embarks on a journey to save her and set things right.

Also Known As: Tintenherz

Genres: Action/Adventure, Kids/Family, Science Fiction/Fantasy and Adaptation

Running Time: 1 hr. 45 min.

Release Date: January 23rd, 2009 (wide)

MPAA Rating: PG for fantasy adventure action, some scary moments and brief language.

Distributors: Warner Bros. Pictures Distribution

Production Co.: Chicken House Publishing Ltd

Studios: New Line Cinema

Filming Locations: Italy Shepperton, United Kingdom

Produced in: Germany

This is not a sequel to Journey to the Center of the Earth. Its reccommended for most of you here on this board. I think i'll watch it as well ;D

Hardly read any of it, but I did notice you mentioned Taken.

Looks like an incredibly awesome movie. I don't know who that guy is (my dad told me his name, but I don't remember it), but he looks like the kind of guy that you know is going to kick a*s.

Hardly read any of it' date=' but I did notice you mentioned Taken.

Looks like an incredibly awesome movie. I don't know who that guy is (my dad told me his name, but I don't remember it), but he looks like the kind of guy that you know is going to kick a*s.

[/quote']

I know right? The movie looks a great thriller, which I hope I see in thatres and not wait a long time to see it like most movies with me Lol.

What are your views of Underworld 3?

• 7 months later...

Archived