The Who?

Raelen

I find it funny when people think that it is called "Teenage Wasteland" and then they spend hours on the computer trying to find it under that name.

I know. ^_^

I asked someone if they had heard of Baba O'Riley, by The Who.

They said "what"?

"You know, Teenage Wasteland."

"Oh, yeah, I love that song!"

:roll:

I find it funny when people think that it is called "Teenage Wasteland" and then they spend hours on the computer trying to find it under that name.

I know. ^_^

I asked someone if they had heard of Baba O'Riley' date=' by The Who.

They said "what"?

"You know, Teenage Wasteland."

"Oh, yeah, I love that song!"

:roll:

[/quote']

So true.

So often.

Why is it called Teenage Wasteland' date=' anyway?

[/quote']

It's not, it's called "Baba O'Riley"

People think it is called Teenage Wasteland because it is said multiple times in the song.

I know what the song is called.

It's just that I haven't the idea of why it has the alternate title (speakin' of which I haven't heard while listenin' to the song itself, which might be attributable to the fact that I don't really focus on the lyrics).

Why is it called Teenage Wasteland' date=' anyway?

[/quote']

It's not, it's called "Baba O'Riley"

People think it is called Teenage Wasteland because it is said multiple times in the song.

I know what the song is called.

It's just that I haven't the idea of why it has the alternate title (speakin' of which I haven't heard while listenin' to the song itself, which might be attributable to the fact that I don't really focus on the lyrics).

Not only are the words "teenage wasteland" repeated numerous times in the song, but it's also the alternate title because, heck, that's what everybody knows it by. Most people, you say "Baba O'Riley" and they have no idea what song you're talking about. The alternate title may've been added after the song was written so people would know which song it was.

Archived