Summer Cup Nationals Report.

hey kids!

So yea got up at half 4 in the morning to get ready and be ready for when my mate who was driving us turned up.

I didn't have a deck built so i wasnt sure how the day was going to go.

Long drive in which my mate got lost twice and i fell asleep somewhere through it.

Finally arrive at the location and que up for like 29 minutes before being told the yugi players are to go straight to the desk and get our names

checked off the list.

Paul docherty was here to sort everyone out as usual which was really good of him.

So me, my 2 mates , ash (sartorius) and his friend dean tax a table and i decide to build my deck. I went through my folder and the first viable thing i came across was destiny draw so i let that make my mind up on what to play. I build perfect circle monarchs.

After about 30 minutes the pairings go up and i am sorta good to go...

(please excuse the lack of name and game details as i really can't remember due to being very tired)

round 1 - me vs kid

He was playing monarch decree which was fine by me as i was completely comfortable with that and i proceed to win quite quickly.

round 2 - me vs kid

He didnt turn up so i get a free win. :(

round 3 - me vs kid with crazy dad who harassed me for the rest of the tourney

Hes playing burn and i lose game one as he completely locks me down. during the course of this game the kid looked at the bottom of my deck 3 times whilst shuffling which i let him off for.

Game 2 he shuffles my deck and drops half of it on the table revealing most of what i had sided in He then picks the cards he dropped up and then proceeds to look through them . This was it that was blatant cheating so i called the judge over and i explained that i hated being an ass but i had to report him for looking at my deck. Judge gives him a warning and then decks are shuffled and game 2 starts. I beat him in mere turns with mass advantage from snipe hunter.

Game 3 was pretty much the same as game 2

So i am 3-0 at this point and feeling quite chuffed as i was doing ok.

Round 4 - me vs david price

Hes playing zombie and i get raped first game . i side into bazoo, banishers and return for game 2 and after a bit of to and fro he swarms and i cant do anything about it. I realised after that i cud have possibly taken game 2 had i attacked with my 2 monsters into his reaper early game as a desperate return late game left him with a few hundred life points. Oh well.

Even though i lost i felt ok until i realised who was my 5th round opponent.

Round 5 - me vs hardeep bhandel

He takes game one easily and i side accordingly for game 2 and take it after major sackery on my part . Game 3 was extremely quick and he predicted i would draw into banisher which i do so special summon cyber dragon and normal summon banisher . Banisher runs over rat and i take it fairly quickly after this.

So im like omg i top 8 . It felt really good .

Quarter final - me vs nice well mannered guy

I lose when i miss with snipe 3 times and a pot of avarice gives me 2 d draws .

Open hand is very good so i dump malicious to d draw and draw into snipe and frog with monarchs in hand . I take soon after.

Game 3 i win but cant remember how.

Semi final - me vs alan mcdonald i believe his name was.

Hes playing macro monarchs great!!! the worst possible match up and he proves this by beasting me game 1.

I side in 3 roar, 1 bazoo and 1 return from the dif dimension and we start game 2 which i take quickly.

Game 3 contained major sackery on my part again as i drew godly every time i drew a card. He removes a lot of my monsters with d fissure. I remember this bit well because of the sackery that took place. I have dust set and i draw into storm . He has a d fissure, a facedown monster and 2 backrows face down. I play the storm cursing my self for the wasting of the dust. He plays solemn judgement to negate the storm. Wow wasn't expecting that but it meant i had game because i flipped my dust tornado to destroy his face down m/t . I then play return bring back a sangan a card trooper and 3 monarchs. Trib of the sangan for raiza and that was that .

Hardeep got knocked out in his respective semi so i gave a sigh of relief as i didn't want to play him in the final.

Final me vs ben keane.

Game 1 he misplays and i take quickly after.

Game 2 beings and the fatigue was really getting to me now and this was evident as i drew six cards. He calls a judge over and says i have drawn six cards before my turn. The judge goes away then comes back. He says to me that he is gonna have to game loss me . I thought no way and was feeling quite dejected. But then to my surprise ben says he doesn't want to have me game lossed and says he is happy to continue on. i shook his hand for this and as a result of this he will hold the highest respect from me . The match is to and fro but i take when a few monarchs in a row leaves him open.

So i won and am now officially classed as the uk summer cup national champion or something like that. I was and still am heavily please i won this .

I caught up with ben afterwards and offered him my prizes for not game lossing me when he could have won but he refused to take it .

pros - the entire day was rewarding in so many ways for me .

ben for being a good dude.

paul and the other guys for awesome too.

cons - nothing

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank trojan for being my nerd herd come top 8 even after our recent falling out. Thanks dude you kept me calm throug out the top 8 so i appreciate that.

Archived