Resident Evil 5

Tkill93

Opinions on the game?

I just finished the demo again, and it's pretty cool. The co-op is fun, and the graphics are nice. But the inventory/equipment system is pretty wack and from the looks of the demo, it's far from scary. It seems like more of an action game, rather than a survival horror.

I'll be picking up this game.

Keep in mind, that its just the demo and alot of times the demo ends up being much different so theres a good chance that the full game will be scary. However, the setting may be what makes it not as scary. In RE4, you played in a gloomy,damp, and primitive village setting. A bright, sunny, and slightly civilized village setting isn't going to be quite as scary. This setting sets more of a "Desperation" feeling if you need what I mean.

I was hoping they wud make the inventory system less sloppy, but from the looks of it, I guess not. Looks like there a much wider selection of weaponry now. I didn't really like how in RE4 the only automatic weapon was the TMP which wasn't that good anyway. Now it looks like we can get an AK-47 and stuff.

Im really glad though that there's alot of different kinds of enemys now. Especially how they payed homage to Dr.Salvador in RE4 by making another bag wearin, chainsaw swinging dude in RE5. But I think that Billy should have been the main character for the game, not Chris. It would make a little bit more sense to the storyline, what with Billy being from that squad sent to Africa and such. He hasn't gotten alot of attention either.

Its gonna be an epic game.

yea i think its gonna be a great game to, i really like the way the bag is wrapped around the chainsaw guy, you can actually see the ropes around it and also see how tightly wrapped around it is too, unlike i re4 where it looks like it placed on there and nothing at all is keeping it in place. also that huge executioner guy with the HUGE ax is totally awesome. imagine running into them in real life

Im really glad though that there's alot of different kinds of enemys now. Especially how they payed homage to Dr.Salvador in RE4 by making another bag wearin' date=' chainsaw swinging dude in RE5. But I think that Billy should have been the main character for the game, not Chris. It would make a little bit more sense to the storyline, what with Billy being from that squad sent to Africa and such. He hasn't gotten alot of attention either.

[/quote']

I don't know about that part. I've always liked Chris, and I think he fits in well with this setting. It's been a while since he was in a game.

Chris works for the BSAA which are basically Counter-terrorism to Bio weapons.

Billy has to maintain a low profile because he was meant to be executed (Thats where the truck was heading in RE0) so he can't exactly work for a government that wants him dead.

I think its going to be a good game, Chris is by far my favorite character and its going to be interesting seeing Wesker aswel.

Archived