Science

NP Sage

You wanted it you got it.

First let me tell you up front I am a christian. If you are not that is fine. I am in no way intending to push my religion on you in any way or form. First something we should all be aware of CLONING. I believe cloning humans is mostly wrong. by now you are thinking mostly? how can anything be mostly wrong. It is pretty straightforward making a copy of a life just so you or your family can continue to hold power should be baned. An example would be the queen of england or a dictator or a very influential person could at some point rule the world, For with every new leader comes new possibilities with a new mind in charge. For more information and understanding read The House of the Scorpion a very good book. Some ways though it would be all right. If someone loved their pet a lot and wished to have a copy or clone I don't see how that could hurt. Granted there are millions of homeless pets in shelters but there have been and always will be. If a small child died due to SIDS[sudden infant death syndrome] or because of because of hospital mistake it would not cause a lot of problems to have a child a year later than expected. Everyone who has heard of a murder case where a person is sentenced to death. [where it has not yet been abolished] has to wonder what if they didn't really do it. If they didn't they are going to die due to a mistake of a jury full of people who make mistakes, everyone does. Would it be wrong to give life back to these people whose life was taken due too no fault of their own or to people who were killed in war or murdered.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am currently considered a Catholic but I don't really believe most of what they preach, I created my own beliefs; why?: because I'm a self-centered, uncaring, megalomaniac with an exploding ego... maybe I over exaggerated a bit. But still, I have come to the conclusion that cloning is not necessarily "immoral" but a horrible thought. I understand the up sides of cloning, but it is inevitable that some person like me will get power hungry and wish to become immortal, like what you said (This might sound completely absurd, but people can do crazy things when they feel Immortality is within their reach). But sadly I must also disagree with your later comments as well, the things about SIDS and other problems such as that. Humans have to die, there is no way getting around that, and there shouldn't be. We shouldn't be able to get that powerful, to gain the powers of God himself and reverse the effects of Death. With the power to create life, this will lead to a whole new playing field of crime and war. The bad that will come from cloning far outweighs the good it will create... in my opinion at least...

a simple equation showing that cloning can be bad:

Cloning + Hitler = the master race which would be bad.

im not religious in any way, but i kinda believe in a force that guides us. know what i mean? i think we shouldnt try to figure out the way everything works. it will only make things more complicated.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Growing up catholic had a pretty big toll on me. As I've said before catholicism says "nay" to anything that lets you feel pleasure in any way besides loving God, so it made me self-hating and punishing myself for just enjoying things. Eventually I learned feeling bad wasn't a good thing so here's how my mind figured it

Catholicism=Feeling bad, Feeling Bad=Not a good thing, so Catholicism=not a good thing

But I'm not that stupid. Although that part of the Religion I didn't like, it preaches good morals and making the world easier for everyone to live in, at least that's what I got from it. So that's why I consider it my own "created religion". and besides each one of us decides what is right and wrong, no one else can tell us what is right and wrong. They can try and force their beliefs into our minds, not by tricking us or anything, but just because we are told what is right and wrong we believe it. Truly we should make our own decisions in the end.

Horray, that's the way it should be. Although, whether you think that way or not, you inevitably decide for yourself what to believe. Sometimes with one decisive event or epiphany that makes you think about your life really hard, and sometimes you get that way over time.

in the words of System of a Down: "Science! Has Failed! Our World!"

some of it is cool, but not necessary. do we really need to know the entire human genetic code?

a science institute in my neighborhood is trying to find out everything about how the brain works.

cool, but not really necessary.

anyone here believe in warlock witches thing not harry potter swing a stick like an idiot but like focusing your mind and allowing and forcing things to happen.

Sure, I think it's possible, but not by any ol' human, there are probably genetic mutations that can allow your mind to do crazy things (I suppose that means I believe in ESP).

I think it's human nature to seek out answers, in the quest to become the most powerful thing. And really, knowing about how our brain works will give a better understanding of how the universe works, AND THAT could lead to being able to do those crazy things with our mind I mentioned above.

Just curios because I seem to have this way of bending things to my will and foreseeing things examples just last weeks I was at a friends house and he has this horse that is 8 years past his expected life span the horse fell over started dying well the entire family was outside saying goodbye and petting it. I put my hand over where the heart is focused on my hand and the horse and thought heal heal heal for a minute then got up walked away 2 minutes later the horse got up and acted like nothing had happened weird man.

I'm not saying that nothing happened, but you know there is always what I call the "circumstance of unlikely odds" which pretty much means that there is a chance the horse was going to be okay anyways, and what you did meant absolutely nothing. NOW ONCE AGAIN, I'M NOT SAYING YOU DIDN'T DO ANYTHING. But understand that how the "Circumstance of Unlikely odds" works, it means that if you think of a building exploding, and it does, then you think of a hydrant exploding, and it does, and this all happens in the same minute, that doesn't mean that you did anything, and that you may have just happened to be thinking of the right thing at the right time.

Aliens don't matter to me, whether real or not, their existence doesn't concern me... unless they are the freaking genuinenesses who thought up V8 juice, then I've got to give them all a nice big hug (I love V8 Juice :P )

And besides, they must be just as confused as us. No one knows the real mysteries of life.

Aliens can't take over the Earth, personally I like being free as an Earthling, free to do whatever I feel is necessary to find happiness, and if some flippin Alien tries to steal that freedom away from me, I will fight to the death to protect it. I would rather be in the realm of the dead then be controlled in the living world.

Archived