Strength of Honor: The Lotus Ninjas ((UPDATED!!))

Protean

Keep in mind that this is still a work in process. I'm still trying to come up with some ideas for decent Spell and Trap cards, but I kind of think there's already enough support for Ninjas out there already. Anyway, here's my Lotus Ninja set. Feel free to give me a lot of constructive criticism concerning these.

UPDATE: All right, I think I've got it figured out now. Instead of inflicting damage to your oppenent, their effects are now triggered only when they make a Direct Attack. Which makes a lot more sense since most ninjas don't openly participate in battle. I also added a new Spell Card to the mix and changed some art around. Anyways, tell me what you think of them and I do appreciate suggestions as always.

Kurenai2.jpg

Aoi2.jpg

Kasshoku2.jpg

Midoriiro2.jpg

Kuroi2.jpg

Ranpu2.jpg

EmperorBeetleKabuto2.jpg

InfiltrationTactics.jpg

xD Yeah, that figures. Ah well, thanks for the support anyway. I'll start using that new system once I find some decent pics for my new Destiny Heroes. Anyway, anything you'd like to comment on the cards I've posted? Should some effects be tweaked or should some stats be adjusted?

Actually' date=' maybe you can clear something up for me. Is Battle Damage also considered the damage a monster inflicts after a Direct Attack? I just wanted to make sure their effects still go off either way, not just after destroying a monster.

[/quote']

Battle damage is when a creature deals damage to a player by attacking. If an effect activates from a creature and deals damage without attacking, it is just damage.

I like the Idea. Its almost like your killing your opponent after you attacked them. A garenteed Double Wammy. Quite evil. Just be careful whether the cards effects activate after inflicting battle damage or attacking your opponent directly. If you try to destro a monster after attacking your opponent directly, there will be no monster to destroy.

i give them 9/10!

Oh, I fixed that issue a little bit ago. Their effects are supposed to activate after they make a Direct Attack, regardless of whether or not actual damage is dealt. So if the oppenent activates a Waboku or Compulsory Activation Device, their effects are still activated and they just save themselves some Life Points. Neither of them actually say "Negate your oppenent's attack" so I would think their affects would still go off. But then, I could be wrong too.

And I also thought of the "destroying monsters when they're isn't any" issue. Kasshoku's and Ranpu's effect was a tad bit tricky to work around that, but I think I still got them pretty balanced. Their effects state that they destroy cards on your oppenent's field, not just monsters. So Kasshoku can either destroy a facedown Spell or Trap or another facedown monster, provided that her conditions have been met. The only way she'd be able to destroy a monster with that effect is with Infiltration Tactics, though.

Ranpu's got almost the same ability except her's doesn't have the Direct Attack condition. Her's can be activated when she inflicts damage as a Direct Attack or by battling another monster. She's quite a bit more powerful, but that's why she's also an Ultra Rare.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived