Watchmen [Movie]

Deity Marvel

I've heard that the basic plotline behind Watchmen is kind of like the Incredibles, but in a more adult fashion. Well, I liked the Incredibles, so I'm pretty excited.

Never read the comics, but I hear they are fantastic. It's on my to-do list.

Also: I hear "Lost" is inspired by this comic.

I've heard that the basic plotline behind Watchmen is kind of like the Incredibles' date=' but in a more adult fashion.[/quote']

That is an insult. Comparing Watchmen to the Incredibles is like comparing Superman to a paraplegic, Watchmen is just that much better.

Watchmen was, and forever will be, the greatest comic book story ever told.

The director has said that he stayed very true to the comic except for the ending. If it really is that true to the comic, then it will be absolutely amazing, but then ending will disappoint me greatly because the original ending was perfect.

I've heard that the basic plotline behind Watchmen is kind of like the Incredibles' date=' but in a more adult fashion.[/quote']

That is an insult. Comparing Watchmen to the Incredibles is like comparing Superman to a paraplegic, Watchmen is just that much better.

The director has said that he stayed very true to the comic except for the ending. If it really is that true to the comic, then it will be absolutely amazing, but then ending will disappoint me greatly because the original ending was perfect.

Would you mind telling us what Watchmen is about?

I meant in the sense of the general settings => Superheroes are a common in the world, but after a period, the must go underground because the public no longer accepts them. But now they are needed again.

At least, that's what I've heard this is about... >_>

The Watchmen comic is about an organization known as the Watchmen. They are the only heroes in their world, and none of them have any powers except for Dr. Manhattan. They protected the US from harm dozens of times, or at least protected New York, and served as a police force of sorts sometimes. During Vietnam, with all of the riots going on to protest the war, people started targeting the Watchmen. Eventually, because of tension with the general public and Soviet Russia, a legislation was passed to outlaw the team and they disbanded.

The actual comic is based several years after.

Telling anymore would ruin it :P

I meant in the sense of the general settings => Superheroes are a common in the world' date=' but after a period, the must go underground because the public no longer accepts them. But now they are needed again.[/quote']

The Watchmen were the only superheroes and they did not have the whole "oh my, we need superheroes to solve this problem" stuff.

I've heard that the basic plotline behind Watchmen is kind of like the Incredibles' date=' but in a more adult fashion. Well, I liked the Incredibles, so I'm pretty excited.

Never read the comics, but I hear they are fantastic. It's on my to-do list.

Also: I hear "Lost" is inspired by this comic.

[/quote']

Yes. And Heroes is a rip-off of this comic.

They changed the ending because they didn't want to get tagged with copying "Heroes". It's kind of ironic, because Heroes is a rip-off of Watchmen.

Thats The Most Famous Watchmen Line :)

I Think It's Deadshot Who Says That Isn't It?

Other Members: Captain Atom' date='Night Owl And Wait This Is Kinda A Spoiler, Sorry.

[/quote']

Wait, the only character you got right was Night Owl, and even then you got his name wrong; it's Nite Owl. And that quote, although incorrectly paraphrased, is from Rorschach.

Deadshot is a completely different DC comic book character and is in no way associated with Watchmen. And Captain Atom was the original premise behind the concept for Doctor Manhattan, but was changed to Manhattan after Moore decided much more could be done with someone other than Atom.

I really doubt you've read the comics to even think of such a thing.

Archived