Yu-Gi-Oh! R-City - Episode 1

Yusei Fudou

Episode 1: Protect the Light! Legendary Light Guardian: Da Broid!

Those who have been called legendary duelists or dueling champions, now, are actually mostly compared to under-average duelists. Seto Kaiba, Yugi Muto, Solomon Muto, Rebecca Hawkins, Raphael, cannot be compared to the new generation of duelists, and the new intelligent and "non-cheating" generation.

Duel Monsters' places and great landmarks, don't only stop at great schools like Duelist Academy, or landmarks like Kaiba Land, but has a whole virtual city called "Riders City", and often shortcut as "R-City". The story of the city was...

??? (dark figure with a hood and a robe) And you call yourself a champion! You're dead! Dark Spirit - Kuuro, end him!

Rich-dressed (mostly like Pegasus) black-haired, handsome man: *gets pushed by the dark attack of Kuuro* Noo! This can't be possible! I was defeated!

The other duelist: This is to teach you a lesson, spoiled rich man! *opens gates of shadows around him, and they form into a bubble then he disappears*

Rich-dressed man: I..Impossible.. this man's strong..

Later after 2 years at a place full of lighty walls

??? (man with long light blue hair sitting on a throne) Hero, Bigo! Come here.

Hero and Bigo (Bigo = fatty, Hero = blond kinda long hair with glasses)

Yes, master Mare!

Mare: You are not going to have a vacation this year's summer. We have an important task!

Hero: Sir, I was going to visit my family!

Mare: Your family could be ignored now, Hero. After all, I wonder why are they that comfortable for having a chimp member in their family.

Hero: (You bastard..)

Mare: The European Dueling Champion nicknamed "U.D." is planning to build a virtual city for duelists. Our task is to go there, ally with that duelist UD, and then publish our Organization's members into there to gather more members by defeating duelists.

Bigo Big: Will there be any FOOOD?

Mare: Shut up, gorilla. No food unless you win duels.

Bigo Big: Alriight...

Mare: The event of the opening of R-City will be after 2 days, at the island of Duelist Kingdom. And oh, did I forget to mention that Maximillion Pegasus will be the main sponsor of R-City?

Bigo Big: Pegasus.. rich guy.. means FOOOD...

Mare: I said no food unless you win duels! -.-;

Bigo Big: Aww...

Mare: *stands up* Anyways *evil grins* Go prepare for the trip, because it's really going to be a hard one.

Meanwhile at Domino Town, a man with white tuxedo and hat with a rich men staff walking and smiling in an evil way

White Tuxedo Man: (Hahaha.. the duelists of R-City are going to face some troubles)

(memory fade)

Mare (talking to the White Tuxedo Man): So here's the deal, Dranx, the Organization is going to move to the "R-City" before its opening by 2 days. I hope you join us at the clan base, partner. The Organization might need the 2 leaders, not only me or only you.

Dranx: Don't you worry, I'll be there.

Mare and Dranx: Hahahahaha!

(memory fade end)

Dranx: (Hahaha.. I just hope there will be any worthy opponents to face my Fairy deck) *recieves a cell phone call then answers* Hello? This is Dranx

Mare (cell phone): Dranx, where are you?

Dranx (talking through cell): I'm near the basement of the organization. I will be hopefully there by 5 minutes.

Mare (cell phone): Good. We are heading to the helicopter to go to the Duelist Kingdom island and meet UD after 30 minutes

Dranx (talking through cell): Cheese! See ya.

Mare (cell phone): See ya.

Dranx closes cell phone: Just as I thought, I'll be late again. I better hurry or I'll miss the helicopter. *finds the base of the Organization in front of him with the title: "Organization of Judgment"* Well, maybe I wouldn't be THAT late.

Later at Mare's throne room

Dranx: Hey Mare.

Mare: Dranx! That's less than 5 minutes!

Dranx: Yeah I know, strange eh?

Mare: Not really. Erm. Well, I guess we don't have to wait 30 minutes to go. I'll go and see Hero and Bigo Big at their rooms.. come?

Dranx: Sure.

Mare leaves the throne room with Dranx, and he opens the door at Hero's room finding him kicking and doing stupid things with the suitcase that is overfilled

Mare (sweat drop): Hero, what the hell are you doing?

Hero suddenly stands with his hands behind him and grins saying: N-Nothing, sir!

Mare: Well when you finish your "nothing", we are going.

Hero: I'm coming.. sir!

Dranx: You heard what the man said.

Dranx and Mare sneak to Bigo's door and open it lightly.. then they find him eating a big sandwich

Dranx whispers Mare: What are you gonna do about that?

Mare whispers Dranx: Just watch.

Mare enters the room

Mare: Hey Bigo, I hope you're enjoying your meal. ^^

Bigo Big: Yep! It's.. it's tasteh! Want a bite, master?

Mare: -_-

Bigo Big: No?

Mare puts his fist on his mouth: Ahem ahem.. WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING?! THROW THAT FREAKING SANDWICH AND COME!

Bigo Big shakes from being scared: Y-Yes sir..

Mare and Dranx gather Bigo and Hero with them and go to the helicopter point, Bigo gets to drive helicopter and both of Mare and Dranx sit in the backseat

Hero (out of the helicopter): Bye, sir!

Mare: Where the heck you think you're goin' Hero?

Hero: I.. I dunno..

Mare: Come here now you idiot!

Hero shakes: But I'm afraid of heights!

Mare: Do I look like I care?

Hero: Whatever *gets on the helicopter*

While Hero is taking a seat, Dranx puts his staff under his feet and drops him on the ground

Dranx: Don't say Whatever, bastard.

Two hours later..

Mare: I think we arrived. Bigo, land.

Bigo Big: Huh?

Mare: I said.. land.

Bigo Big: Where?

Mare: Anywhere. Do I look like I care?

Bigo Big: No..

Mare: OK, Bigo, land.

Bigo Big: Yessir, but-

Mare: OH MY.. I SAID GODAMMIT LAND! DON'T LET ME SLAY YOU NOW!!

Bigo Big: Alright.. *lands on the island*

Mare, Dranx, Hero and Bigo get out of the helicopter, and face UD (Rich man in the first of fanfic) and Pegasus in their face with a huge guy wearing a black coat and a hat with boots

Pegasus: Welcome to the Duelist Kingdom island. We have been expecting you.

UD: Hello. ^^

Mare: Hello, Mr. Pegasus and Mr. UD. So, UD, now we are on alliance?

UD: Actually, alliance between us mustn't be accomplished that easily, Mr. Octavius.Look at bottom of post

Mare: What do you mean by that?!

UD: I've brought someone to duel you, and if you win, he's in your organization, and we could be allied.

Mare: Hahahahaha.. a duel you say. And who's that unlucky guy that is going to face me?

UD: *points to the huge guy with black coat and hat* This one. Steven G. Fox known as Duel Fox, winner of 3 tournaments.

Mare: Rediculous.

Steven: We'll see about that.

Mare and Steven raise their duel disks saying: Let's duel!

Steven: As I'm playing on my master's land, I will start.

Mare: Pft. It's like I care or something.

Steven: You should. *both of him and Mare draw 5 cards* And I'll draw an additional one. *draws a card and looks at it* Ha. Good card. I'll start with Gene Warped Warwolf! (Gene-Warped Warwolf|EARTH|Level 4|Beast-Warior|Normal monster|2000 ATK|100 DEF|This warwolf was given incalculable strength through horrific genetic manipulation. Its gentle nature was completely wiped out, and it now lives only to unleash destruction.) Then I'll set 1 face-down and end my turn.

Mare: Ha! Pathetic! *draws a card and looks at it* Oh yeah. Good timing. I activate Mystical Space Typhoon! (Mystical Space Typhoon|Spell Card|Quick-Play|Destroy 1 Spell or Trap card on the field.) and I choose your face-down! Sakuretsu Armor card appears and gets destroyed Now, I'll set 1 face-down monster and end my turn.

Steven: My turn *draws a card and looks at it* (Fox Fire.. this might be useful later) Alright, I'm going to summon Pitch-Black Warwolf! (Pitch-Black Warwolf|DARK|Level 4|Beast-Warrior|Effect Monster|1600 ATK|600 DEF|As long as this card remains face-up on your side of the field, your opponent cannot activate Trap Cards during the Battle Phase.) And now you can't activate any Trap Cards! After that, I will be activating my Field Spell Card! Sogen! (Sogen|Spell Card|Field|Increase the ATK and DEF of all Beast-Warrior and Warrior-Type monsters by 200 points.) And now, all of my Warrior and Beast-Warrior monsters get additional 200 ATK and DEF! (Gene-Warped Warwolf and Pitch-Black Warwolf's attacks increase: Gene-Warped: from 2000 to 2200 ATK and 100 to 300 DEF - Pitch-Black: from 1600 to 1800 ATK and 600 to 800 DEF) And now, Pitch-Black Warwolf! Attack his facedown monster!

Mare: Idiot. You've just destroyed my Sairento, Silent Angel of Heaven! (Sairento, Silent Angel of Heaven|LIGHT|Level 3|Fairy|Custom Effect Monster|300 ATK|1000 DEF|If this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard as a result of battle, you can Special Summon 1 LIGHT Fairy-Type with 1500 ATK or less from your deck in face-down Defense Position on your side of the field. After you use this effect, shuffle your deck.) I'll play this *gets Marshmallon from his deck and reveals it to Steven* and shuffle my deck!

Steven: (Hmm.. I've never actually dueled this card, but it looks familiar) Well, I'll be attacking your face-down card you just set with my Gene-Warped Warwolf!

Mare: I wouldn't attack it if I was you! But anyways, I reveal my Marshmallon! (Marshmallon|LIGHT|Level 3|Fairy|Effect Monster|300 ATK|500 DEF|When this monster is attacked and flipped face-up, the opponent takes 1000 points of damage. This card is not destroyed as a result of battle )

Steven: (Ouch!)

Mare: Now you get 1000 points of damage, and my monster cannot be destroyed!

Steven's LP: 7000

Steven: I guess I'll be ending my turn.

Mare: Hehe. Hopefully your last one. *draws 1 card and looks at it* (Great.. it is my Szubs Kin, now all I need to do is activate my Light Tower and summon it) Alright, get prepared for defeat! First, I will activate my Light Tower Field Spell, destroying your "Sogen"! (Light Tower|Custom Spell Card|Field|Increase the Attack Points of all LIGHT Machine-Type monsters on your side of the field by 500 except ones with "Cyber" in their names. If you activate the effect of "Szubs Kin, Twilight Guardian" or "Dia Nork, Moonlight Guardian" on your side of the field, you can pay 500 Life Points as an effect payment instead of using the original effect payment.) That will decrease your monster's ATK points. (Gene-Warped: 2200 - 200 = 2000 | Pitch-Black: 1800 - 200 = 1600)

Steven: Hahaha! You don't even have a Light Machine on your side of the field, plus you have no monsters that could defeat my warwolves! I guess..

Mare: Don't be so confident, you Anthro freak! I summon - Szubs Kin, Twilight Guardian! (Szubs Kin, Twilight Guardian|LIGHT|Level 4|Machine|Custom Effect Monster|2100 ATK|0 DEF|This card cannot attack unless there is at least 1 LIGHT monster on your side of the field. If your opponent attacks, you can tribute this face-up card to negate the attack.) And my Szubs Kin gains 500 ATK! Which means its attack is 2600 now! (2100+500=2600) thanks to Light Tower's effect! And don't think I'm done yet. I'll activate Monster Gate! (Monster Gate|Spell Card|Tribute 1 monster on your side of the field. Pick up cards from your Deck until you pick up a monster that can be Normal Summoned, and Special Summon it. Send any other cards picked up to the Graveyard.) I'll tribute Marshmallon, and now I'll pick up *picks up a card: Heavy Storm* (Bad one.. that one's going) *reveals Heavy Storm* That's what I just picked up

Steven: Haha, too bad. Heavy Storm.

Mare: I still have more chances *picks up a card: Mirror Force* (What is going on with this deck?! It's actually letting me to pick up my best Spell/Trap cards, and they're going to be discarded..) Mirror Force. *picks up a card: Light Tower* (Alright, this is getting boring!) *picks up: Dia Nork, Moonlight Guardian* Excellent! I picked Dia Nork, Moonlight Guardian, and before it I picked up Light Tower. I discard: Light Tower, Mirror Force, and Heavy Storm, and Special Summon Dia Nork, Moonlight Guardian! (Dia Nork, Moonlight Guardian|LIGHT|Level 4|Machine|Custom Effect Monster|1900 ATK|400 DEF|This card cannot attack unless there is at least 1 LIGHT monster on your side of the field. If your opponent attacks, you can decrease this card's Attack Points by 1900 to negate the attack.) And by Light Tower's effect, it gains 500 ATK points, making its Attack Points raise to 2400! (1900+500=2400) Now, Szubs Kin, finish his Gene-Warped Warwolf! *Szubs Kin attacks Gene-Warped Warwolf by a twilight flash and destroys it*

Steven's LP: 6400 (7000-600)

Mare: Now, Dia Nork, finish off his Black Warwolf! Moonlight Attack! *Dia Nork attacks Pitch-Black Warwolf with a Moonlight flash and destroys it*

Steven's LP: 5600 (6400-800)

Steven: (Ugh.. he seems to be an expert in Duel Monsters! But, I can't fail, I must prove myself to everyone! He has actually embarassed me! I should give it a deck edit too) Good moves.

Mare: Hahahaha. Silly you. I end my turn, you will never destroy the light! You will always see it! Hahaha!

Steven: We'll see about that! *draws a card and looks at it: Wolf* (Wah?! Why the heck do I have this card in my deck? I must really Deck Edit! But I can't now, I'm facing this guy "Mare" in a duel, and he seems to be using a strategy that I've never heard of! I guess I'll be setting this card and I'll see what can I do)

Mare: Silent much? Afraid to lose? Hahaha. Don't worry, you're not losing to anyone, you're losing to me! Mare Octavius!

Steven: Ugh.. I set a face-down monster and end my turn.

Mare: Too bad that's all what you got! *draws a card and looks at it* You know what, this is perfect timing for a powerful card like this! But I don't want to summon it now, maybe because I'm just too moody!

Steven: Why don't you just play!

Mare: Fine! I summon Gellenduo! (Gellenduo|LIGHT|Level 4|Fairy|Effect Monster|1700 ATK|0 DEF|This card cannot be destroyed by battle. When this card's controller takes any damage, destroy this card. If you Tribute Summon a LIGHT Fairy-type monster, you can treat this 1 monster as 2 Tribute Monsters for the Tribute Summon.) It's show time now! I'll attack your face-down monster with my Gellenduo! *Gellenduo send 2 hearts at that monster and destroy it*

Steven: That was Wolf.

Mare: Alright, now, Dia Nork! Attack directly! Moonlight Attack!

Steven's LP: 3200 (5600-2400)

Mare: I'm still not done of you, "Duel Fox"! Szubs Kin, Twilight Attack!

Steven puts his arm on his eye because of the high twilight: Uuuh! This is hurting my eyes!

Steven's LP: 600 (3200-2600)

Steven (sweating): Hf.. hf.. you're strong, Mare.

Mare: I'm strong.. because of the power of the light. And now if you excuse me, I end my turn.

Steven: Alright. *draws 1 card and looks at it: Horn of the Unicorn* (Good card! *looks at his hand* Wait, I don't have any monsters! Impossible! My anthros have failed me... I lost this duel..) I guess I'll be ending my turn.

Mare: Get ready, to see even more light! *draws 1 card and looks at it: Shining Angel* (Don't need it..) Now, I will tribute my 2 monsters: Dia Nork, and Szubs Kin, to Special summon Da Broid! Dusk Guardian! (Da Broid, Dusk Guardian|LIGHT|Level 8|Machine|Custom Effect Monster|2700 ATK|2500 DEF|This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card can be only Special Summoned by tributing 1 "Szubs Kin, Twilight Guardian", and 1 "Dia Nork, Moonlight Guardian" on your side of the field. As long as this card is on your side of the field, negate attacks on other monsters on your side of the field. Increase the ATK of all LIGHT Machine-Type monsters with "Guardian" in their names (except this card) on the field by 500.) And it gains 500 ATK points thanks to my Light Tower! (Da Broid's ATK: 3200) But hey, guess what, I'm going to do an even cooler move now..

Steven: Crud. What could be that move?

Mare: This! I summon Shining Angel, and since it looks cool, that's one cool move! (Shining Angel|LIGHT|Level 4|Fairy|Effect Monster|1400 ATK|800 DEF|When this card is sent to the Graveyard as a result of battle, you can Special Summon 1 LIGHT monster with an ATK of 1500 or less in face-up Attack Position from your Deck. Then shuffle your Deck.)

Pegasus: That was a.. ^^;

UD: Strange move kinda.. ^^;

Pegasus: Yeah.. ^^;

Dranx: (That was... Cheese)

Hero: (That bastard.. he did a funny move like that when he was finishing me and my Gearfried deck! And he kept joking on my Gearfried "Gearboiled", man dammit!)

Mare: I guess your end is NOW! Da Broid, finish him! Major Dusklight Attack! *Da Broid activates 2 spell wheels on its front and these 2 huge wheels deliver major dusklight attack*

Steven: Nooooo!!! *covers his eyes with his two arms but couldn't cover the light*

Steven's LP: 0 (600-3200)

Steven falls on the ground and bows sweating: (This man's.. this man's.. strong! Now I'm forced to join his Organization, and I've proved myself as a loser in front of UD himself!)

Mare comes to Steven: Stand up, "Duel Fox"! Don't look like a loser, if you have made a strategical deck - not based on what you like, you wouldn't have lost this way.

Steven: Why are you telling me that, anyways? I'm only a slave in your Organization of Judgment now!

Mare: Maybe you are, Fox, I don't want to be so kind to you, so just stand up and nevermind!

Steven stands up: Alright. Good game, Mare Octavius!

Mare: Good game, Steven Fox. Pft. Don't act too confident with me because I've just cheered you up, anthro freak.

UD: You seem too good, Mare. I'll be looking forward to duel you. :)

Mare: Haha. Then you'd be easily defeated! Now do we have an alliance, UD?

UD: Ooh yes we do, and you can enter the R-City now.

Mare: Good.

Pegasus: The teleport location is actually in my personal castle. Let's go.

UD: Yeah, let's go.

Later at Pegasus's castle

UD opens Virtual Gate: Now you can enter, the Raiders City! R-City!

Dranx looks at the Virtual Gate and R-City image in it: Cheese... :o

Mare: Gearboiled.. :o

Pegasus: You may go now. ^^ I'll be staying in my castle and UD will be working to get people for the next 2 days.. see ya!

UD: See you guys. ^^

Mare, Dranx, Steven, Hero and Bigo Big enter the Virtual Gate and suddenly find themselves in a whole new world, an empty city..

Mare: Great, in 2 days people, this city will be full of duelists, and we will be in control! Muwhahahahahahaha!

At the Next Episode of Yu-Gi-Oh! R-City: Ep. 2: Trapped in R-City! - Dranx's Fairy Deck!

--------------

As noticed, UD/Pegasus was calling Mare, Mr. Octavius. Mare's last name is Octavius, and will be soonly nicknamed as Mare the Nightmare, so keep reading the episodes of Yu-Gi-Oh! R-City!

Man, this story is marvellous. I forgot myself while reading it, and the custom monsters looks cool, can't wait to see the cards on YCM. Also, the story looks very tight, well organized, and has a strong plot. can't wait to see the coming episodes. I'll read ep 2 whenever I find time for that. Keep it up Mare

Archived