| Distant Memories | An original Fic by ~Soulciety~ | Chapter 4: Crate's Acceptance added |

Ghoulish

This is my newest fic that i've been preparing for a while now. I've developed many characters, plots and other things to make this a decent fic, my writing isn't the best and if you know where I can improve then could you please, without being a loser, comment on where and how I can improve. if this was ever made into an Anime the animation would be similar to that of Final Fantasy. Anyway here's the Prologue, of course it reveals borderline nothing, but I hope that you do read it and enjoy it, kk thankyou.

[size="7"]Distant Memories[/size]

[i][color="#000080"][size="4"]"Only by cherishing memories can we truly demean those we wish to be rid of and assure those memories we wish to hold, are not made into distant ones.”[/size][/color][/i]

[spoiler= Cover/Display Art]

[IMG]http://i51.tinypic.com/14nfup0.jpg[/IMG]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler= Prologue]

“Crack!” “Splash!” The eerie sounds of a grown body breaking the surface of an icy layer of ground echoed through the area. The 25 year old body remained at a constant speed as it descended into the water below.

“…I’m numb…” the thought coursed through his mind.

“…My body…is cold.” The plunging body slowly descended through the icy water.

“…How…did I get here?” his breathless face white and motionless, the occasional blink was his only sign of life,

“Is this the…end?” His long dark brown hair remained vertical in an attempt to reach the surface, his long black leather pants were torn and battered.

“Wait…who am….I?” His once maroon singlet now reminiscent to a torn up cloth, revealing his built chest and right arm that although built was coloured with blood and wounds, his left arm was like a robotic replacement, it was light blue. It glowed and glistened, reminiscent to the light blue water around him.

“Why am I…here?” the 6”2 man looked towards the surface of the water, his half opened eyes glanced at the body sized hole in the layer of ice above him. He watched as it slowly became smaller and smaller.

“My name…what is my name…Kia? Kira?” A slight glance to his right showed a long half black and half white buster like blade sinking parallel to his body. The blade descended at the same constant speed as the man and was attached on the end of the hilt by a long sheet of half black and half white cloth. A light smile surfaced from the 25 year olds face, it contrasted with his pale face, light brown eyes and half opened eyes. Movement of the man’s right arm was visible as it slowly floated extending straight out and pointing to his right, his hand motioned lightly to grasp the hilt of the blade.

“Is this hopeless…?” His fingers got closer to the hilt inches away from its touch.

“…Maybe this isn’t the end.” His fingers continued to stretch for the hilt of the blade. Its occasional twitch was a sign of the pain being experienced by the boy. The fingers were mere centimetres away.

“Almost there…” His eyes began twitching his teeth grinding, suddenly a large cough released a handful of blood from the man’s mouth, his arm began descending, failing in its attempt to grab the hilt of the blade.

“…It is over? Like this?” The strain in the man's neck due to the lack of air could be seen by the growing veins. A bright light flash began to appear from the hole in the surface of the water. He glanced straight up at the slowly fading hole and smiled lightly.

“…I will always…Cherish….those…. memories.”

A loud splash was then heard as the calmness of the surface of the water was now unsettled by a shape that slowly formed into a person swimming down towards the descending boy.

The figure revealed to be a woman, no more then 23, she wore a black wet suit and had short dark blue hair. Her words drowned in the pressure of the airless water, her arm extended desperately reaching for the descending man's right arm.

He watched the girl struggle, her face showed signs of strain but hope as she continued squinting her eyes. He looked back at the hilt of the blade to his right, he then slowly glanced at the bright light still emitting from the now barely visible hole in the ice surface.

“…Only by cherishing memories…can we truly demean those we wish to be rid of…and to assure those memories we wish to hold….are not made into…distant memories.”

The man’s arm suddenly made one final attempt to reach the hilt of the blade, it slowly but surely began rising to be parallel to the blade, it then slowly floated pointing straight out, his fingers began cringing as he slowly drew closer to the blade’s hilt. His fingers wrapped slowly around the hilt of the blade moving it closer to the palm of his hand, he then grasped it tightly and smiled lightly.

“Oh, that’s right…” the man chuckled. “Kai…my name’s Kai…” The girls fingers stretched out approaching Kai’s arm, she then grabbed firmly over his shoulder and wrapped her arm under his arm pit, she then kicked her legs down and began pulling his lifeless body up towards the slowly intensifying light. Kai’s blade hung solely on the balance of Kai’s will to grip the hilt. He glanced at the girl’s struggling face as she carried his close to lifeless body.

“…Who are you?” he thought, her smooth face and dangling dark blue hair was an image of beauty. They were now a metre from the light that shone even brighter through the hole.

Kai chuckled and smiled lightly.

“Looks like I get to hold onto my memories…they won’t become distant….they’ll be cherished…nothing will put them to rest.”

[i][b][size="5"]Distant Memories[/size][/b][/i]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=[color="#4169E1"][b]The Kai Chronicles, Arc 1[/b][/color]]

[spoiler= Chapter 1: The Travellers, Kai and Pax]
NOTE: Not every chapter will be this long it's only because it is chapter 1.

[spoiler= Part 1]
A light breeze swept the dry gravel path, the surrounding ground looked dead as the hard surface gave no life to any plant like creatures. The bright sun scorched the area with tremendous heat, an occasional hawk would soar through the bright sky, looking for prey to attack.

The sounds of 2 sets of footsteps engulfed the dry area, one belonged to a boy who appeared to be 15 and stood at 5”3, he had a red torn poncho like clothing wrapped around his neck that covered his shoulders and the top of his chest, he also wore a tight white singlet and had a brown belt that kept up his baggy black pants, he also wore 2 black gloves with finger holes in them, noticeably under the poncho on his back sat 2 identical and small katana like blades that grew wider and thicker as it progressed in length, they also had 5 small holes in them on the sides. He had short black hair that was spiky on the top and flat at the back, it led to a small ratty like style going down his neck. He was also quite tanned, had brown eyes and a very smooth face. His face was covered with a big cheeky smile.

The man standing next to him looked to be 25 years of age, he had long brown hair that descended to close to half way down his back, he also had a strain of hair going over the right side of his face and over his ear. He had brown eyes and was quite tanned. He too like the boy had a poncho like clothing on, however his was a vanilla colour and covered his right shoulder and his whole left arm.
He wore a maroon coloured singlet that descended to his waist, it was tight and descended further at the back, it was also torn at the end. He wore tight black leather pants and black boots. The man stood at 6”2, his face depicted a man with serious intentions.
The vanilla poncho he wore descended to his calves at the back.

The two walked down the rubble trail seeing in the distance what appeared to be a poor town, although it was quite big. The smaller boy continued with his cheerful smile and eyes closed, he began whistling a tune while exaggerating his walk in a comical way, his actions caught the attention of the bigger man who looked down at him, his face was still a look of discontent.

“Pax, do you really have to?” The man questioned the boy known as Pax who grinned widely.

“Come on Kai, you gotta cheer up you know, like this!” Pax jumped a metre forward turned around and pointed with both fingers to his big smile, Kai stopped and looked on with embarrassment.

Kai chuckled lightly. “Let’s just keep going.” Pax sighed.

“Ok bro.” Pax returned walking next to Kai and began whistling the same tune. Noticeably for a brief moment the wind picked up waving Kai and Pax’s Ponchos to the left, under Kai’s poncho rested on his back a big blade, a Buster blade that was half white and half black, it looked to be 1.5 metres long and quite thick.

The small poor town was covered with small brown shelters and one room homes, the streets were a cement path with dirt close to engulfing it. 5 small boys who appeared to be about 10 were kicking a tattered ball on the street, one of the boys swung his leg back to kick the ball but tripped and face planted the ground. The boy instantly broke into tears catching the attention of many of the poor villagers. The boy sat up holding his cut face and sobbing.

“Are you okay?” Came the soft voice of a woman who was kneeling by his side, she appeared to be about 25 and had short dark blue hair with a strip going down her ears and blue eyes, her chest was quite busty and her face very smooth, she wore light blue short shorts, a white singlet and slightly tattered long blue gloves with holes where the fingers were.

“C-Celia?” The boy snivelled with tears as the girl warmly smiled and wiped the cut on his forehead with a tissue.

“You should be careful when playing on the road, the dirt’s very slippery.” Celia stated with a smile, the boy instantly smiled and wiped his tears, he then stood up and ran back to play with his friends, the townspeople watching all smiled and chatted amongst themselves of Celia and her helpful ways.

Celia stood up and smiled wiping some dirt off her shorts, she then began to walk forward but stopped with a questioned look as she saw 2 people with ponchos, one a man taller and with a bigger poncho and a boy smaller and with a smaller one, the boy was whistling a tune while the man simply walked forward. As a breeze blew in their ponchos lifted slightly at the back to reveal their swords. Celia immediately turned to shock.

“They have weapons? What would they be doing way out here?” She thought to herself. “I better keep a close eye on them.” Celia began walking slowly through the crowd of people keeping a safe distance from the two she followed. They all walked along the path to the left side of the cement road, walking passed small food stands and shops.

Pax continued whistling freely and had his hand pressing against the back of his head. He suddenly opened his eyes widely and turned to Kai.

“Hey Kai.”

Kai nodded. “I know.” The two continued looking forward.

Celia remained following, the crowd of people seemed to never end, for a brief moment her vision of the two became blocked by the crowd of people, Celia quickly attempted to get a better view as she rushed through the crowd, however she had lost sight of them, it was as if they had disappeared.

Celia sighed for a moment then looked forward seeing a back alley like street that led into a dark area to the left, Celia moved forward and ran into the 5 metre wide area of the alley. There was no crowd or signs of any other people. Celia treaded on with caution taking slow steps and looking side to side. The alley was dark and plagued with the sounds of ruffling paper on the ground. After she was well within the alley a voice spoke from behind her.

“You need something?” Celia quickly stopped in her tracks and turned around slowly to see leaning on the brick wall to her left Kai with his right hand in his pocket and his left arm covered by the poncho.

“Are you following us lad-“ Pax began until he had a good view of Celia’s face. Love hearts sprung within Pax’s eyes as he raced towards the girl and held her left hand with both of his.

“Please excuse us miss, I’m Pax and this is my brother Kai!” Celia looked confused at Pax’s forwardness in greeting her. Kai simply shook his head for a brief moment.

“N-Nice to meet you..” Celia began, kai stood up straight not leaning on the wall, he faced Celia and Pax.

“Don’t mind him, he gets like this sometimes but still you were following us weren’t you.”

Celia thought for a moment and realised lying would get her nowhere.

“Y-You both have weapons?” Celia stuttered. Pax returned to his normal self for a brief moment and took his two identical swords from the holders along his back and held them parallel and vertically.

“You mean these?!” He called out with a big smile. Celia instantly was in shock after this and fell on her backside scared and shaking.
Kai pushed Pax’s chest back with his hand as he walked up to the scared Celia.

Kai knelt down and held his right hand out with a light smile.

“Sorry about him, he doesn’t realise that towns like this are laid back and not used to seeing weapons. Let me help you up.” Kai motioned for Celia to accept his gesture, hesitant at first Celia accepted and grabbed Kai’s hand who helpped lift her up. Kai then immediately brushed Celia’s hair off the left side of her neck, Kai then sighed a sigh of relief.

“I’m Kai and this is Pax what’s your name?” Pax walked up with a cheeky smile and stood next to Kai with his arms pressing on the back of his head.

Celia felt slightly better and more comfortable as she replied. “I-I’m Celia, are you’s travellers?”

Kai and pax looked at each other for a brief second.

“You can say that.” Kai replied. “We’re actually looking fo-“

“Quickly! The collector is here!!!” A voice called out from the street interrupting Kai and causing Celia to look down after hearing the call.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler= Part 2]
“What’s a collector?” Pax asked Celia, Celia slowly looked up to Pax and Kai.

“A collector is a man sent from Mu-Tech-“

“Mu-Tech!?” Pax called out in question looking towards Kai, Kai looked at Pax and nodded. Pax then returned to look at Celia as a sweat dropped down his forehead.

“In order to pay for the security they give us we have to pay the collector of Mu-Tech.” Celia laughed an angered laugh. “Even though we never needed or wanted the security…” Celia looked down, a tear dropped from her eyes.

“Is money that important here?” Pax asked.

“Of course it is, but we don’t have much of it…good hard people use their yearly income…on one visit!” Pax and Kai looked shocked. “He comes once a month, you can imagine how much money we owe him.”

“Everyone gather in front of me!!!” a disgustingly arrogant and deep voice came from the middle of the street. Kai, Pax and Celia looked towards the street at the start of the alley.

“Is that him?” Kai asked with a serious expression.

Celia nodded. “I’m sorry you have to pay as well, he doesn’t care if you’re just passing by…if you leave now you can escape without paying.”

Kai looked towards the street and began walking soon followed by Pax and then Celia.

“Wait didn’t you here me? You have to try to escape through the back, you’re not on the list of villagers, you can escape without paying!” Celia stated, however Kai and Pax continued to walk forward.

“Don’t worry. The villagers aren’t paying today.” Kai stated.

The 3 made it to the street seeing a long line of villagers along the path while a 6”7 tall and fat man, wearing a light blue fur coat that covered his big white shirt, he also wore white baggy pants that tucked into his knee high black boots. Noticeably his right arm from where his forearm to his hand should be, was replaced by a half a metre long blue metallic blade. He had a small black beard and a pig like nose with wild black long hair on his head. Standing either side of him were men wearing a dark blue and black soldier outfit with a helmet, they held guns pointed at the villagers and panning left to right of them.

Kai, Pax and Celia pushed their way to the front of the line and witnessed the man.

“I Iron Chest! Am the Collector of this town! And I demand my rent!” No one dared argue with the fat figure whose arrogant voice was only matched by his large grin. The villagers all cowered while Iron Chest panned his vision of the villagers.

Kai turned to Celia. “What is the cost of rent here?”

“50 gold” Celia replied.

“Figures.” Kai stated as he walked out of the line of villagers and towards Iron Chest.

Iron Chest on first glance frowned, the 2 soldiers pointed their guns at Kai.

“Halt!” They called, Kai stopped and reached into his pants pocket pulling out a small brown bag tied up. Kai threw the bag towards
Iron Chest who still with a discontent and disgusted look caught it and opened it up, revealing gold within the bag.

“That’s 50 gold, that’s what you want right? So leave.” Kai persuaded. Iron Chest grinned and put the gold in his pocket replying.

“I haven’t seen you around before! Who are you?”

“I think it’d be best if you didn’t know my name.”

Celia looked on with confusion. “What’s he doing?”

Pax smiled a cheeky smile. “His being Kai! Don’t worry, he’ll be fine!” Celia looked towards Kai who stood about 5 metres from Iron Chest.

“HAHAHAHAHA!!!” Iron Chest roared with laughter. “I can already tell you’re not from this town! So how about this! The rent has increased! To 200 Gold!”

Kai watched with the same expression as many people from the village began whispering amongst themselves.

Iron Chest grew frustrated of Kai’s choice not to reply and began walking over to him.

“Do you know who I am! I’m one of Mu-tech’s 15 collectors! You dare not reply to me!?”

“I know all about Mu-Tech.” Kai replied, Iron Chest stopped 1 metre away from Kai and had an angered and shocked expression. “Your goals, your plans, I know all of it.”

“Y-You know nothing! Nothing at all!” The villagers began to take a step back. “How’s this for rent! 200 Gold, and your life!” Iron
Chest immediately lifted his sword like arm in the air and swung down at Kai.

Kai removed his left arm’s hidden nature under the poncho and over his head in a 90 degree angle in an attempt to repel the blade revealing his left arm’s robotic like structure, it was no ordinary metallic arm, it was advanced technology, glowing lightly and proportionally accurate with his other arm. Upon impact the sword like arm of Iron Chest shattered into 100’s of pieces.

Iron Chest roared in pain and anger as he stumbled a metre back holding his wounded arm that continuously bled. The villagers all looked on in shock even Celia couldn’t believe it. The 2 soldiers immediately took a step forward and shot at Kai.

Kai stood unresponsive as Pax suddenly appeared In front of him with his two swords in the shape of an “X” in front of him, a loud “Cling” was heard as 6 bullets were somehow attached to his blades. Pax continued his cheeky smile.

“What the?” The soldiers questioned, they then stopped in scared shock as Kai took a couple of steps forward at the kneeling Iron
Chest who quickly rejected his playing possum act and stood up straight pulling his left arm back in an attempt to throw a punch. Kai clenched his robotic left hand and thrusted it forward at a rapid speed hitting the chest of Iron Chest and breaking the shirt revealing a metallic fat chest with a big dint in it from the impact. Iron chest was sent back colliding with the two soldiers causing all 3 laying on the ground.

Iron Chest coughed out blood as the two soldiers stood up in pain and began dragging the wounded Iron Chest to their hovering car.

“You…will all….pay….” Iron Chest murmured as the two soldiers struggled to lift him into the hovering car, when they finally did they turned the ignition of and soared through the street. After a few seconds the black car disappeared from sight.

All the villagers stood shocked as Kai motioned to Pax to continue. Pax nodded and followed Kai as they began to walk in the same direction the car went.

Celia watched them start to walk away and thought to herself.

“Kai and Pax…”
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler= Chapter 2: Ganjo of the 3 officials]

Kai and Pax continued to walk down the street, many of the civilians began walking off to perform their daily routines, a few
continued to watch but then followed the others.

“Wait!” Celia called out as she ran towards Kai and Pax. Pax stopped and turned to Celia.

“Celia?”

Kai continued to walk however. Celia stopped as she approached Pax.

“You can’t just do that and then leave!” Celia called out at Kai who had now come to a stop.

“We can’t afford to stop, let’s go Pax.”

“But big bro…” Pax pleaded in a sad tone. Celia ran past Kai and stood in front of him.

“If you two leave now Iron Chest will be back and he’ll punish our town!”

“No he won’t.” Celia looked shocked at this statement. “we’re heading the same way as him, no doubt we’ll cross him again.”

“We still can’t let you leave.” Came a strong and deep voice from behind Kai and Pax. Kai turned around as did Pax to see a 6”7 tall black man wearing no shirt and vanilla coloured pants, he also wore sandals and had short black hair. Noticeably he was ripped with muscle.

“Who’s that?” Pax asked.

“Ganjo, he is one of our town’s officials.” Celia replied. Suddenly many of the civilians watched on.

“Especially if you’re going on your own. You two are headed to Mu-Tech aren’t you.” Ganjo rhetorically asked.

Kai looked on with discontent. “That’s right, we’re headed there now.”

“Hmph.” Ganjo insulted still keeping his displeased expression. “You won’t survive if you go on your own, you think Iron Chest was anything compared to what lies at Mu-Tech.”

“Are they strong.” Pax asked, Ganjo nodded.

“Extremely. Stay here for the night, the sun is setting, if you do we’ll be able to help you.”

“Are you guys strong?” Pax asked as Celia walked in front of him.

“Ganjo is the strongest in our town, his lived here almost all of his life to.”

“I am willing to assist you and give you names of other who can help.” Ganjo insisted.

Kai closed his eyes and turned back around and began walking again.

“Come on Pax.”

“How do you think you’ll get to Mu-Tech, on your own you won’t make it past the first company.” Kai stopped after hearing this. “If you don’t think I can assist you, then I challenge you, to prove my worth, no weapons just strength and skill.”

Kai didn’t reply for a few seconds.

“If you don’t accept then whatever you were sent here for will go to waste, and you will die.”

Kai turned and then looked at Pax briefly, the realization that he would put his brother’s life in danger opened his eyes.

“Okay…” Kai stated softly as he turned around. “Pax we’ll stay the night, Ganjo, are you saying you want to travel to Mu-Tech.”

Ganjo nodded. “For my own personal reasons, I must travel to Mu-Tech, this is the only chance I have.”

Kai turned to Celia. “Do you have a place for us to stay?”

Love hearts sprung in Pax’s eyes as he ran up to Celia with his hands clenched together.

“I’ll stay with miss Celia!”

Celia laughed. “I have the perfect place for you two.”

Celia pointed to her left towards a small shelter with two beds on the floor, Kai and Pax both looked at it, their jaws both seemed to drop in disbelief.

“Really?” Kai asked.

“Something wrong with it?” Celia replied in question.

“No, no nothing at all.” Kai stated hastily as he made his way towards the small shelter with Pax following.

The sun had now set, Pax lay in his bed sleeping while Kai stood in front of the small shelter looking at the night sky.

“Something wrong?” A familiar voice spoke, Kai instantly turned his head to his right and saw Celia approaching him.

“Huh? Oh no, just remembering.”

“Remembering?” Celia questioned with slight confusion as she observed the same place in the sky Kai was looking.

“Yea, only by remembering can you have memories, a record of your life or somebody else’s.”

Celia smiled lightly. “Come I want to introduce you to our town’s 3 officials.”

Kai turned to Pax’s bed but noticed he was snoring asleep. “Okay.”

Celia and Kai approached a 2 story white building with the paint fading on the outside, out front of the building standing in the light provided by the light attached to the roof of the building stood Ganjo, and two others. To the left a smaller, much older man with a beard and top hat wearing a worn out white suit and torn black shoes, to the right was a man wearing vanilla monk robes, his hair was bold at the top and with a line of hair going horizontally around his head, he had a gold cross necklace on as well.

“Kai, you already know Ganjo.” Ganjo nodded in response. “The man to the right is Father Lawrance.” The man wearing the monk robes smiled. “And the man in the middle in the first official, Mr. Williams.”

“Kai, it has come to our attention that you are heading to Mu-Tech headquarters is that correct?” Mr Williams asked with his hands clenched behind his back.

“That’s right.” Kai replied.

“Well there is no doubt in my mind that you two will need help. Locomo town can’t offer you many supplies or men, but we can offer you information on both Mu-Tech and neighbouring villages that may be able to help you.”

“What do you know of Mu-Tech?” Kai asked.

“Mr Williams if you don’t mind.” Father Lawrence replied. “Mu-Tech are the designers of the worlds robotics and technological advancements, they build cities and everything as such.”

“By the way you speak of them, it’s as if you don’t want Mu-Tech to be gone.”

“Wanting something to be gone, is different from worrying of something enough to know they don’t have good intentions.” Father Lawrence replied.

“As far as we know there is only one man in our town or perhaps even this side of the world that knows Mu-Tech in great deal.” Mr. Williams stated.

“Crate.” Celia stated.

“Crate?” Kai questioned wondering who this figure was.

“That’s right but, you won’t be able to see him until you accept Ganjo’s offer.”

Kai looked at Ganjo who still stood with his natural discontent expression.

“Okay, we don’t know much of Mu-Tech other then there are 5 main operators within it, I guess we could use the help.” Kai stated.

“In the morning Kai, I will prove my worth.” Ganjo bowed slightly, Kai turned and began walking back followed by Celia.

As early morning came Pax woke up to see Kai standing just outside the shelter with his arms folded.

“Why are you up so early?” Pax asked Kai as he rubbed his eyes.

Truth be told the night sky hadn’t passed it appeared to be around 3 am. Kai had all his things and appeared to be ready to leave.

“We have to go now Pax, get your things.”

“Wh-What why?”

“We can’t afford to let anyone else get hurt, let’s go.” Kai began walking down the street headed towards the end of town. Pax quickly got his things together and chased after Kai, after catching up he slowed down but didn’t say a word.

“Where are you going.” Questioned the voice of Ganjo, Kai and pax turned around to see Ganjo standing about 10 metres behind them.

“Ganjo?” Pax questioned.

“I can’t afford to risk anybody else’s lives.” Kai insisted.

Ganjo looked at the sky and began. “I was only 10, I lived in my village that lay in the forest, it was a good place, but not well known, we rarely had visitors there. Until one day. 3 unknown men came to the village claiming to be collectors. They told us we never payed our monthly rent for being an operating village. They knew we couldn’t afford it nor would we ever be able to, so they destroyed us mercilessly, man, woman and children everyone.” Ganjo clenched his fists. “I was only 1 of 4 to survive. The collectors didn’t know of our survival.”

Pax looked on with sadness. “That’s horrible, you must really want to get back at Mu-Tech.”

Ganjo wiped a tear from his face. “Because our town was not known of it was the perfect place for Mu-Tech to start their killings, news of it simply brushed on the ground, no one even knew of it.” Ganjo stood in a fighting stance.

“That is why I will prove to you Kai…why I will be joining you in your quest.”

Kai didn’t say anything, he took off his vanilla like poncho revealing his robotic arm and maroon singlet. He then gave Pax the poncho and his giant sword.

Kai tied a rope around his robotic left arm so it was behind his back and stood in a fighting stance.

“I will not use my enhanced arm to make this an even fight.” Kai stated causing Ganjo to nod.

Ganjo suddenly sprinted forward heading for Kai, surprisingly Ganjo was quick for someone of his giant muscular build.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler= Chapter 3, Crate the Technologist]

Kai prepared for Ganjo as the big man dashed towards him, upon approaching Ganjo threw a big right hand punch at Kai, Kai with his right hand caught the fist, however was pushed backwards by the impact, Ganjo before Kai could fully compose himself continued his attack with a followed up big left hand punch Kai jumped backwards avoiding the attack and watching as Ganjo’s fist planted into the ground causing a small crater to form.

“Ganjo’s strength, no doubt it’s not what you find in the average person.” Kai thought to himself as he stood up straight.

“His fast, but he may still underestimate my strength.” Ganjo thought as he again dashed forward at Kai. Upon approaching Ganjo threw a flurry of punches that Kai managed to weave through.

Kai had found an opening in Ganjo’s punches and threw his own right hand punch hitting Ganjo’s chest.

Ganjo grunted slightly but remained in the same spot.

Kai looked on with surprise. “No way…”

Ganjo threw a right hand punch at Kai’s face, the impact sent Kai back a few metres skidding on the rough ground.

“Kai!” Pax called out as he began running towards the fallen Kai.

Kai slowly got to his feet. “Stay back Pax!” Pax immediately stopped running he watched as Kai slowly got to one knee.

Kai wiped off blood that ran down his chin with his hand and stood up straight.

“Amazing.” Ganjo thought. “I haven’t seen anyone get up that quickly from a punch like that.”

Kai smirked slightly, Kai suddenly dashed forward at a rapid pace pulling his right arm back and releasing it on the caught off guard
Ganjo right on his cheek. Ganjo however remained in the same spot standing with his hands to the side, he looked at the slightly panting Kai below him.

Kai jumped backwards. “What’s with this guy? He can’t feel pain?”

Pax looked on in awe. “I wish I couldn’t feel pain like him!”

“He can feel pain.” Celia stated as she walked and stood next to Pax.

“He doesn’t look like he can?”

“It’s his training methods, it’s a form of meditation training, he trains his body to block the pain it is a great defensive strategy, you won’t see him show any signs of pain.”

Pax looked worried as he turned his attention back to the fight.

“Come on Kai…” Pax whispered.

Kai looked at his opponent, noticeably blood began creeping from his lip. Ganjo wiped the blood off his lip and looked at it, his discontent expression remained the same.

“So you do feel pain.” Kai stated.

“My ancient Meditation technique that was passed on in my village, Iwa, essentially it makes the body like stone and pain absent to the body. It is one of the two techniques my village taught.” Ganjo stood in an attackive stance. “Shall we continue?”

Kai smirked. “Yea.” Kai and Ganjo both dashed forward Ganjo threw a big right hand punch at Kai, as the descending punch approached Kai jumped off the ground and threw a right leg kick at Ganjo, the leg collided with Ganjo’s neck however appeared to have no effect. Almost instantly Kai followed up with a kick to Ganjo’s chin with his left leg, Ganjo immediately coughed out blood and took a few steps back. Kai landed on the floor as Ganjo showed his first sign of pain. Ganjo wiped the blood from his mouth.

“Wait why isn’t he taking pain the way he was before?” Pax asked.

Celia shook her head. “I’m not sure.”

“It’s simple.” Kai began. “I’ve heard of the Iwa fighting style, it’s a very defensive strategy and said to be an impenetrable technique when mastered, but only when mastered. I’ve never fought someone who had full control of the Iwa, all I know is that when not mastered the person normally can only focus the pain negation tactic on one part of their body, therefore when it’s hit the user doesn’t feel pain, but if you attack when the person is already protecting one aspect of their body, the impact is normal if not more sever.”

Ganjo stood up straight. “That is right, at the moment I have not yet mastered the Iwa fighting style. You are indeed an impressive foe Kai.”

“Kai knew that?” Celia asked causing Pax to nod excessively.

“Kai knows a lot about fighting strategies.”

“You don’t say.”

Kai and Ganjo both once again dashed at each other. Ganjo again threw a punch at Kai, as the punch descended and approached Kai jumped up and went for another kick to the neck, however Ganjo caught his foot this time, Ganjo immediately lifted Kai into the air and smacked his body on the ground, although it appeared Kai had crashed stomach first into the ground his right arm had actually broken his fall.

His right hand was planted on the ground pushing his body slightly off the ground.

Surprisingly although there was a visible small crater on the ground, the force of the movement still so intense. Ganjo looked on with his same discontent expression and still holding Kai’s leg while Kai supposedly lay on the ground.

Kai suddenly with all his strength pushed off the ground, spun around and delivered a kick to Ganjo’s left ribs. Ganjo’s eyes opened wide as he felt the pain of the attack. Ganjo fell to his knees holding his gut, Kai quickly got to his feet and spun with a kick intended to hit Ganjo’s head, However Kai’s leg stopped just as it approached Ganjo’s head.

Ganjo and Kai were both panting slightly.

“G-Ganjo lost?” Celia questioned.

“What did you expect it’s Kai?” Pax informed with a confused look, oblivious to the fact that Celia didn’t know much of Kai.

Kai withdrew his leg and stood straight as Ganjo remained on his knees, Kai held his arm out straight offering it as assistance. Ganjo accepted and stood up with Kai’s help.

Suddenly before any concluding statements could be made a small explosion with a loud “Bang!” was seen at the right side of the town.

“What was that?” Kai questioned as Celia and Pax met with Ganjo and Kai.

“It came from the east let’s go check it out.” Ganjo suggested as the 4 ran down the street, Kai untied the rope around his mechanical arm and got his sword and poncho off Pax.

The 4 ran down to the end of the street and made a right leading to an isolated small shack like house, although small it was bigger than the other houses in the area. Noticeably the door was open and black smoke was coming out of it, also traces of smoke could be seen being emitted from holes in the roof.

As the smoke diminished a figure could be noticed at the door, he was quite small standing at 5”6 and wore a broken and torn white robe, he appeared to be around 50 years of age and had messy black hair, he wore a red collared shirt and brown pants.

As he walked out slowly smoke emitted from his clothes, his walking pattern was awkward as he seemed to be affected by the smoke, the man suddenly dropped face first on the ground in front of the 4.

“Kai.” Celia began catching Kai’s attention. “Meet Crate.”

“This guy’s Crate?!” Kai asked in shock.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Chapter 4: Crate’s Acceptance]

Kai, Ganjo, Pax and Celia all continued to watch Crate who continuously coughed whilst getting to his feet. He quickly dusted off the dust from his torn white coat and smirked at the 4.

Crate turned to face his house, black smoke began diminishing from around the area as he stated.

“So is this the one?” Crate asked whilst still facing away from the 4.

Celia nodded in response. “Yes this is Kai-“ Celia stopped as she was interrupted by Pax who jumped forward and gave the peace sign.

“And I’m Pax!”

“Don’t care” crate stated causing Pax to frown and jump at Crate however Ganjo lifted the furious Pax off the ground, Pax continued to struggle while in mid-air.

“I’m only interested in those who are attempting to go to Mu-Tech.”

“Pax is coming as well.” Kai stated causing Crate to turn to Pax who was still held by Ganjo. “Him? He is going to Mu-Tech?” Crate turned to Kai. “Tell me….Kai? was it? What is your relationship with this boy?”

Kai Turned to Pax. “His my brother, wh-“

“If you want to see your brother die then what your planning is a wise move.” Both Kai and Pax looked at Crate with slight shock. Pax then got furious and pulled one of his two blades from his back, he then swung it down at Crate. The attempt however came to a halt just above Crates head by Kai’s sword that crossed with the blade.

“Calm down Pax”. Kai stated causing Crate to lift an eyebrow at Kai with curiosity.

Celia looked slightly shocked. “I didn’t even see him draw that massive sword out…is he that fast?” Celia thought to herself.

“Hmph, that’s no ordinary blade, and this boy seems to have some skill.” Crate thought to himself as he then spoke aloud. “Well if we’re done with the introductions come inside.” Crate turned to his small shelter and walked inside.

“Ah is there really going to be enough room for all of us?” Kai questioned causing Celia to smile.

“Wait until you see inside.”

The 4 walked in, Kai and Pax immediately looked shocked as they walked into a staircase that led into a giant white metal room with
many computers and large screens depicting areas. In the middle of the room was a white metallic deck with 6 chairs around it.

“This place is huge!” Pax called out causing Crate who was now in front of the big screen at the end of the room to reply.

“Well it better be I built it for myself and not so much for the likes of you.”

Pax went silent as his eye twitched, immediately Ganjo lifted Pax off the ground sighing as Pax held his blade struggling in mid air and calling out. “let me at him!”

Kai continued to walk forward observing the room with curiosity. He touched the metal wall with his hand.

“This isn’t ordinary metal is it.” Kai asked causing Crate to grin widely.

“So you noticed eh, this is Ionic positive Metal, the second strongest metal to exist.”

A small alarm began sounding from within the room causing Crate to turn to the massive screen behind him. Kai and the others looked on with confusion as the computer spoke.

“Warning, unknown material detected in vicinity.”

“Locate.” Crate responded as calculations and a 3d map appeared of the room the 5 were in. It showed the map decreasing in size and homing in on Kai’s poncho.

Crate turned to Kai with curiosity and desire in his eyes. “Located.” Crate stated causing the alarm to turn off.

Crate walked over to Kai and looked at his vanilla poncho closely. “Remove your poncho.”

Kai looked down with discontent. “I’d rather not.”

“Mode 1” Crate stated, suddenly 3 miniature cannons appeared from the wall next to Kai, the 3 pressed against Kai’s chest. Kai looked
down with slight shock.

“Whats’ the meaning of this Crate?” Ganjo stated.

“I need to know what’s under your poncho.” Crate was serious and Kai apparently needed this guy’s help. Kai closed his eyes as he removed his poncho revealing his metallic left arm that glowed with power and strength.

Crate looked on in marvel at the arm. “What is it…” Crate thought as the alarm went off again.

“Warning, unknown material detected in vicinity.”

Crate turned to the big screen calling out. “Locate!”

The 3D map showed Kai’s big sword and Pax’s twin swords.

Crate walked backwards slowly and fell on his backside with a shocked look on his face. “L-Located.”

The alarm then went off as Crate slowly got to his feet calming himself down.

Crate looked at Kai who put his poncho back on. “What is it Crate?” Celia asked, however Crate ignored the question and continued staring intensly at Kai.

“So that’s it eh?” Crate thought to himself as he took a big gulp and a sweat dropped from his forehead. Crate then grinned widely.

“Kai, Pax…I will help you get to Mu-Tech”

The statement caused Celia to smile widely and Ganjo to smile lightly whilst Pax jumped in the air with excitement. Kai however continued to Glance intensely at Crate.

“You know now.” Kai thought to himself.
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

I really like it! To me, it seems more like it is telling of an event later in the story rather than the beginning. I hope that makes sense. I didn't see any errors in grammar or spelling. It was very intense but what I couldn't figure out was, Is it a [b]fan[/b]-fic? When you said "An original fan-fic", did you mean that this is a completely original story or is it about an already created manga, movie, etc?

• 1 month later...

When you're saying someone's height, it needs to be in this form, 6'7" not 6"7, just for reference.

1. Can't wait till we finally get to Mu-Tech.
2. Can't wait to see how strong Crate is.
3. Did you make it metre on purpose? I've always known it as meter.
4. Great story, can't wait to read more of it as it continues. I wanna see how you're gonna connect the prologue to the story XD

Keep up the good work, you're a natural at this aren't you? Seems like it'll be an interesting fighting story :)

Archived