Thermatic v Zextra

Daigusto Sphreez

I'll choose the Requirement this time round.

Requirement

Make 1 Ace card that could be used for a 2011 Junk Starter Deck (Previous ones include Junk Warrior, Junk Destroyer etc.)

No attempts at Excess please.

The Card has to be a Synchro.

Level 3+ members only please.

Prize

1 Rep from the Loser

Victory Conditions

First to 4 Votes or 4 days after the cards were posted.

Other Information

-In a Card A - Card B format, so leave all forms of identification off of the card please, leave the circulation, Set ID and Creator slot blank. Also make sure to PM me the card after I've approved you, don't post it here.

-Use the YCM default card Template, for easier/fairer comparison.

-Voters receive +1 Rep, provided they give GOOD reasons as to why they chose the card they did. Votes will be ignored if I decide that they aren't explained sufficiently.

-Judge on all aspects, Name, Picture, Effect, Balance, Playability, OCG, Creativity and anything else you judge by - also consider if the card meets the requirement.

FINI.

If you want to challenge me, just say so, right here, right now.

OK

THE CARDS!

[spoiler=Card A]

99600j.jpg

Lore:

"Junk Synchron" + 1 or more non-Tuner Monsters

Once per turn, you can equip this card to a monster your opponent controls OR unequip it to Special Summon this card in face-up Defense Position. The equipped monster cannot attack or change its Battle Position. For every "Junk" monster in your Graveyard, decrease the ATK of the equipped monster by 400. Once per turn, you can remove from play a monster in your Graveyard to selected an Attribute. The equipped monster's Attribute is treated as the selected Attribute. During each of your Standby Phases, you can discard 2 cards to Special Summon a monster with the same Attribute as the equipped monster from your Graveyard. When the equipped monster is destroyed, inflict damage to both players' Life Points equal to the Level of the equipped monster x300.

[spoiler=Card B]

215632e.jpg

Lore:

"Junk Synchron" + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters

When this card is Synchro Summoned, inflict Direct Damage to your opponent equal to the combined ATK of all level 2 or lower monsters used as Synchro Material for this card. Once per turn during your Main Phase, by removing from play 1 Warrior-Type monster from your Graveyard, this card gains 300 ATK. If this card is attacked by a monster with less than 2100 ATK, this card's ATK becomes 2100. When this card is destroyed, you can pay 500 Life Points to return it to your Extra Deck.

FIRST TO 4 VOTES

2 GOOD REASONS FOR EACH VOTE

3 GOOD REASONS GET YOU A REP.

THANK YOU!

Card A GMV

Card A

- Balanced

- Can do many different things with it

- Follows the requirements

- Great OCG

- Good name and it relates to the pic

- Creative and original

Card B

- Quite original

- Rusty OCG

- Not as good as name or pic but they do relate well

- Not as much diversity effect-wise

Both are good cards... Good job both of you...

Alright, let's take a look at these.

Card A

EDIT: It's been pointed out that I misread the card. As a result, I have had to re-review the card.

Now I get to have another review. Quite high level for a fairly basic Lockdown card to begin with, and unless the target is pretty much a trump card, other monster can likely be used around it, or could just become tribute fodder. Attribute change can work favourably around the more Attribute-focused cards, including cutting off Honest for LIGHT monsters (this being a good example). Still, the fact remains that the monster is vulnerable until the next Standby Phase, when the SS effect kicks in.

Card B

Oh goody. It reeks of plot device. Burn damage would be nice if it weren't for the fact Junk Synchron + any decent Level 4 would be one of the most common option for Level 7 Synchro's. ATK gain doesn't seem to worth it, 500 at least would be preferred. And cut the ATK loss as well for weak monsters. It's unnecessary. I'm undecided about it being moved back to the Extra Deck, would serve more use in the Grave I think. If I remember right, so long as it was Synchro Summoned right, they can be revived from the Graveyard. Hmm.

OK, after having another look at Card A, playability has increased, but it seems quite costly at a Lv 10 for a fairly weak monster Lock. Card B is still not so good and has a fair few flaws in terms of playability, seemingly with no other use than to beat down.

New vote goes to... Card A.

Card B.

Why you may ask? Because Card A is useless. It's not worth to waste your Extra Deck space on a card that's only good for being an Union-esque card, that also makes the equipped monster weaker. Odds are pretty high that the card will stick around only for 1 turn (and by that I mean the turn when you Summon it). It will leave the field as soon as your opponent either Summons a monster with a higher ATK than the equipped monsters ATK or uses cards that can get rid of the equipped monster or both.

Card B however has more of an use in Junk decks. Because it actually can be used successfully in Junk themed decks. Most Junk themed decks actually run a good number of Level 2 or lower non-tuner monsters (Tuningware etc), so it won't be utterly useless in Junk decks, kinda like Card A is.

Card A

Although Card A is blotched with effect's, it has far better OCG than card B. Card A is more balanced than Card B and shows more creativity.

Card B

Card B, although it isn't blotched with effects, it's OCG is quite off. It is less balanced and has less creativity. Also, the picture has a blank background and it's name isn't as good as Card A's.

My vote is with Card A.

Archived