Mr Spaz vs Thermatic

4 votes to win

Whoever PMs me the card first is accepted

Spamming and trolling are acceptable Ignore that.

Votes will not be counted if they are based solely off of picture, name, or OCG

Winner gets a rep and 25 points

You must post the requirements before you PM me a card

[spoiler=card 1]260852z.jpg

When this card is Tribute Summoned by Tributing 1 Dragon-Type monster, inflict 700 damage to your opponent. Once per turn, you can pay 500 Life Points to destroy 1 Set Spell or Trap Card on the Field. When this card is destroyed by battle, inflict 300 damage to your opponent for each card destroyed by this card's effect.

[spoiler=card 2]215632qk.jpg

When this card is Summoned, you can pay 1200 Life Points, if you do, it cannot be destroyed by your opponent's card effects. Once per turn during either players turn, you can remove from play 1 FIRE monster from your Extra Deck to increase the ATK of this card equal to the combined level of monsters on your side of the field x 100 until the End Phase. When this card is destroyed, destroy 1 card on both sides of the field.

Here's my card.

339388.jpg

When this card is Normal Summoned, Special Summon 1 "Familiar Token" (Beast-Type/LIGHT/Level 4/ATK 1900/DEF 1000) to your side of the field in face-up Attack Position. As long as you control a "Familiar Token", this card cannot be destroyed by battle. When this card is destroyed, destroy the "Familiar Token".

Card 1

Hard to see the first effect seeing much play, the likeliness of this being Tribute Summoned (even with a Dragon) is fairly low with cards like Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon around. Still, the S/T removal is there and pretty useful. Add on a potential of further burn damage, and you've got a fairly decent card.

Card 2

Pay 1200 LP and remove from play a FIRE monster for this to become a 1-Turn indestuctible Beatstick.

Thought I'd shorten that effect for you. Honestly, 1200 LP is fairly cheap, Solemn Warning pays 2000 in comparison. Especially when it means your monster can't be destroyed by any effect. Add on top of that a re-usable Honest-like effect and it is pretty damn OP'd. Then, should this card be destroyed somehow, you can still destroy whatever managed to beat this card. I'm thinking OP'd.

I'm going to have to go with Card 1, Card 2 is too OP'd in my mind.

Before I comment I would just like to say that when you make a card many factors come into play.

If you have entered a 1 on 1 contest then you are pitting your card making skills against a challanger's card making skills. Now what are card making skills? I believe that card making skills are the ability to make a card (DUUH!!!! lol) but when you are making a card as I said before many factors come into play, factors such as:

Image/Name/OCG/Effect

Now these factors are important because they are all a fundamental part of a card itself and a card would not be a card if one would be taken away like in the same way a fire would not be a fire with the loss of either, Oxygen/Heat/Fuel. If one component is taken away then it ceases to become a real card. However I understand that you want the YCM members to judge on the overall feel of the card and other factors such as imagination and craftmanship and for the most part myself and all other members here will rate on that basis, however, Image/Name/OCG are an important part of cardmaking and you must learn how to master them in order to improve as card makers.

I will though adhere to your rules and vote as you require, my words above were not spoken in a harsh or spiteful tongue but just as a guide that a card is more than idea, it has to be supported by factors such as Image/Name/OCG.

Now to voting,

These are both very respectable cards but the difference between the two is the fact that one of them was slightly OP'd

Card 1 GMV - a very ballanced card with a great effect

Card 2 - Although your card did have a very interesting effect it was very slightly OP'd due to the fact that you had the option to not be destroyed by card effects, coupled with its other 2 effects i thought it was slightly OP'd

Very close but card 1 GMV

Archived