Zextra

[center]Hello, everyone! I was inspired to create a new archetype by Kaito's Photon monsters (namely Galaxy-Eyes, of course). Therefore, I present to you my Meteora Archetype! Please comment and give constructive criticism. Thanks! :)[/center]
[center][img]http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/4100/meteoraonslaughtv3.png[/img][/center]
[center][spoiler=Luminia Meteora Dragon][/center]
[center][img]http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/5291/luminiameteoradragon.png[/img][/center]
[center]Lore:[/center]
[center]You can Tribute 1 Level 5 or higher LIGHT monster you control and banish 2 monsters in your Graveyard; Special Summon this card (from your hand). Once per turn: This card cannot be destroyed by card effects. During the Battle Phase: Negate the effects of all monsters your opponent controls. When this card destroys a monster by battle: You can banish this card after Damage Calculation. If this card is banished by its own effect: Special Summon it during your next Standby Phase. If this card is Special Summoned this way: Draw 1 card.[/center]
[center][/spoiler][/center]
[center][spoiler=Meteora Cyberwing][/center]
[center][img]http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/6522/meteoracyberwing.png[/img][/center]
[center]If you control no monsters: You can Special Summon this card (from your hand). During your Main Phase: You can destroy this card; add 1 Level 5 or lower “Meteora” monster from your Deck to your hand except "Meteora Cyberwing"[/center]
[center][spoiler=Meteora Byakko][/center]
[center][img]http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/5412/meteorabyakkoe.png[/img][/center]
[center]During the turn this card is Summoned: Your opponent cannot activate Trap Cards. When this card destroys a monster by battle: You can destroy this card and send 1 Level 4 or lower “Meteora” monster from your Deck to the Graveyard. If this card was destroyed by its own effect: Special Summon it during your next Standby Phase with its effect negated.[/center]
[center][spoiler=Meteora Illusionist][/center]
[center][img]http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/1890/meteoraillusionist.png[/img][/center]
[center]While you control another “Meteora” monster: You can Special Summon this card (from your hand). You can Tribute this card; negate the activation of a Spell or Trap Card that targets or destroys a “Meteora” monster you control. When this card is sent to the Graveyard: Select 1 “Meteora” monster in your Deck and banish it. During your next Standby Phase after this effect is activated: Add the banished card to your hand.[/center]
[center][spoiler=Meteora Phanticorn][/center]
[center][img]http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/812/meteoraphanticorn.png[/img][/center]
[center]This card can attack your opponent directly. When this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent: You can Special Summon 1 Level 5 or lower “Meteora” monster from your Deck except "Meteora Phanticorn". During the End Phase of the turn that this card was Summoned: Destroy this card.[/center]
[center][spoiler=Meteora Chemicus]
[img]http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/7448/meteorachemicus.png[/img][/center]
[center]You can banish 1 “Meteora” monster you control to Special Summon this card (from your hand). When this card destroys a monster by battle: You can destroy this card. If you do: Neither player can activate Spell Cards until your next Standby Phase. If this card was destroyed by its own effect: Special Summon it during your next Standby Phase with its effect negated.
[/spoiler][/center]
[center][spoiler=Meteora Gladiance][/center]
[center][img]http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/7584/meteoragladiance.png[/img][/center]
[center]While you control 2 or more “Meteora” monsters, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). Negate the effects of Effect Monsters that this card destroys by battle. When this card would be destroyed by a card effect: You can Tribute this card; Special Summon 1 Level 5 or lower “Meteora” monster in your Deck, except “Meteora Gladiance”.
[/spoiler][/center]
[center][spoiler=Meteora Centaurex][/center]
[center][img]http://img855.imageshack.us/img855/9261/meteoracentaurex.png[/img][/center]
[center]When this card is Special Summoned: Increase this card’s Level by 1 and its original ATK becomes 2400. When this card is destroyed: Reveal 1 “Meteora” monster in your hand; return 1 card your opponent controls to the top of his or her Deck.[/center]
[center][spoiler=Meteora Daggerhawk][/center]
[center][img]http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/6011/meteoradaggerhawk.png[/img]
Lore:
2 Level 5 monsters
This card's effects can only be applied/resolved while it has Xyz Material. This card cannot be destroyed by card effects. Once during the start of each of your opponent’s Draw Phases: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; your opponent cannot Special Summon this turn.
[/spoiler][/center]
[center][spoiler=Meteora Hakuryu][/center]
[center][img]http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/681/meteorahakuryu.png[/img]
Lore:
2 Level 5 LIGHT monsters
While you control another LIGHT monster, this card cannot be destroyed by card effects. When this card attacks or is attacked: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card and select 1 monster your opponent controls; that monster has its effect negated. When this card as an Xyz monster is destroyed: Special Summon it as a Level 5 monster with its effects negated and its ATK and DEF halved.
[/spoiler][/center]

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name='ragnarok1945' timestamp='1315385114' post='5497991']
for Byakko, don't halve its stats PERMANENTLY, that along with the effect permanently negated seems a bit too much, pick one of the two
[/quote]
You read my mind - I was just about to say that only his effect should be negated; I'll edit that tomorrow :)

[quote name='Dandorian' timestamp='1315441470' post='5498922']
It's been a while since I've been on YCM so I'm surprised with all the new stuff. Like your cards are they part of a set?
[/quote]
Thanks, and welcome back!
And to answer your question, yes, this is part of a set :)

If you control no monsters: You can Special Summon this card (from your hand). During your Main Phase: You can destroy this card; add 1 Level 5 or lower “Meteora” monster from your Deck to your hand except "Meteora Cyberwing".[b] [i]>> This is better than the other no monsters Special Summon. o.0 im not sure if it is overdoing it.[/i][/b]

During the turn this card is Summoned: Your opponent cannot activate Trap Cards. When this card destroys a monster by battle: You can destroy this card and send 1 Level 4 or lower “Meteora” monster from your Deck to the Graveyard. If this card was destroyed by its own effect: Special Summon it during your next Standby Phase with its effect negated[b].>>Balance and hell yeah[/b]

While you control another “Meteora” monster: You can Special Summon this card (from your hand). You can Tribute this card; negate the activation of a Spell or Trap Card that targets or destroys a “Meteora” monster you control. When this card is sent to the Graveyard: Select 1 “Meteora” monster in your Deck and banish it. During your 2nd Standby Phase after this effect is activated: Add the banished card to your hand.[b]>> maybe next turn? No.[/b]

This card can attack your opponent directly. When this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent: You can Special Summon 1 Level 5 or lower “Meteora” monster from your Deck. During the End Phase of the turn that this card was Summoned: Destroy this card[b].>> Should be from hand, IMO. Deck is like as fast as LIGHT[/b]

[quote name='Syns' timestamp='1315468496' post='5499769']
If you control no monsters: You can Special Summon this card (from your hand). During your Main Phase: You can destroy this card; add 1 Level 5 or lower “Meteora” monster from your Deck to your hand except "Meteora Cyberwing".[b] [i]>> This is better than the other no monsters Special Summon. o.0 im not sure if it is overdoing it.[/i][/b]

[b][i]It's essentially an Archetype-specific ROTA, as it won't really stay on the field very often (unless used for an Xyz or Synchro summon)[/i][/b]

During the turn this card is Summoned: Your opponent cannot activate Trap Cards. When this card destroys a monster by battle: You can destroy this card and send 1 Level 4 or lower “Meteora” monster from your Deck to the Graveyard. If this card was destroyed by its own effect: Special Summon it during your next Standby Phase with its effect negated[b].>>Balance and hell yeah[/b]

While you control another “Meteora” monster: You can Special Summon this card (from your hand). You can Tribute this card; negate the activation of a Spell or Trap Card that targets or destroys a “Meteora” monster you control. When this card is sent to the Graveyard: Select 1 “Meteora” monster in your Deck and banish it. During your 2nd Standby Phase after this effect is activated: Add the banished card to your hand.[b]>> maybe next turn? No.[/b]

[b]I thought that making it only 1 turn might seem a bit OP'ed, but I can easily fix this.[/b]

This card can attack your opponent directly. When this card inflicts Battle Damage to your opponent: You can Special Summon 1 Level 5 or lower “Meteora” monster from your Deck. During the End Phase of the turn that this card was Summoned: Destroy this card[b].>> Should be from hand, IMO. Deck is like as fast as LIGHT[/b]

[b]Nice pun there. ^^ Thanks for your comments! :)[/b]
[/quote]

[quote name='=LucasKootStudios=' timestamp='1315475095' post='5499792']
The Pictures Are Awesome.:--)
[/quote]
Thank you ^^

[quote name='ragnarok1945' timestamp='1315558714' post='5502047']
"During the End Phase of the turn that this card was Summoned: Destroy this card"

For Phanticorn, I don't see the point in making this card only last 1 turn on the field
[/quote]
Because if it lasted more than 1 turn, it can continue to summon monsters each turn, both thinning the deck as well as setting up your field and graveyard.

[quote name='ragnarok1945' timestamp='1315560216' post='5502051']
so add like a field flood limit or something, or just the limit the number of times you can pull this effect off in a duel
[/quote]
But the way it is actually makes things easier for the archetype, since it fuels your Graveyard, which is necessary for Luminia Meteora Dragon.
Just an example play:
SS Cyberwing - use effect to fetch anything really
NS Phanticorn - attack and activate effect - SS Byakko

Therefore, at the End Phase - Field: Byakko Grave: Cyberwing, Phanticorn a.k.a. Luminia's Summoning requirements

Plus, if you've noticed, many of the cards have a self-destructing effect of some sort (whether it's optional or not), and there will be support as to why they are like that.

[quote name='Daemon' timestamp='1315623208' post='5503683']
Nice images and OCG is great. Is there a point to summon Meteora Dragon any faster?
[/quote]
Just because he's the main card :P
Plus, I'll add a couple more cards later that might help clear up the smoke. ^^

Thanks for you comment!

Archived