Toot Posts His First Challenge For The 1 v. 1 Leaderboard [Toot v. Zextra] Let The Voting Begin!

·Toot

Well this new Leaderboard thing is quite new to me, but 1 v. 1 chalenges are not. It's simple cardmaking. Nothing really that hard.

This is my first 1 v. 1 in over 2 years (I think). The first user that wants to be my opponent will get his/her wish. May the most sensible card suffice.

The winner is decided when either card has 3 votes to it or whichever card has the most votes by the deadline. If it's a draw, no one wins. Same goes if neither card gets a single vote.

The winner of this contest gets a Rep from the loser and a point added to the leaderboard.

The deadline is a week after the cards are posted.

Requirements:
Since this is my first in a while, I'll keep it simple. Make a card that supports or destroys any spell or trap card.

As for the voters, please leave a legitimate reason fir picking the card you did. I din't like to see things like the OCG or picture voted on. If you can understand it, then that is good enough.

[Spoiler=Card A]

nightfallobliviondragon.png

Effect:
2 Level 6 monsters
If a DARK monster is used as an Xyz Material for the Xyz Summon of this card: This card cannot be destroyed by card effects. Once per turn, during either player’s turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; select 1 face-up card your opponent controls. While you control this face-up card: The selected card has its effect negated. When this card destroys a non-LIGHT monster by battle: banish the destroyed monster and target up to 1 Spell or Trap card on the field; destroy it.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Card B]

vbvbsfsdfa.png

Effect:

This card's activation cannot be negated. As long as there is a face-up monster on the field; neither player can activate Trap Cards. If there is no face-up monster on the field; neither player can activate Spell Cards. Once per turn during your Main Phase, send 1 card from your hand to the Graveyard: Target 1 Normal Spell or Trap Card in your opponent's Graveyard; place it face-down on your side of the field. That card cannot be activated this turn. Both Players can activate this effect.[/spoiler]

Vesicrios is an abomination of card design. Without a monster on the field, it's the equivalent of a banned card. With one, it's whole goal is to enable OTKs.

That being said, I don't like the idea of another goddam Xyz monster that negates monster effects :\

Still... Vote: Card A

Vesicrios is an abomination of card design. Without a monster on the field, it's the equivalent of a banned card. With one, it's whole goal is to enable OTKs.

That being said, I don't like the idea of another goddam Xyz monster that negates monster effects :\

Still... Vote: Card A

Thanks for the vote, Agro.
1-0 to Card A

So, it's either a broken card or a decent card that I have to choose from? Seems fairly obvious that I would pick the decent card over the broken one, only because I HAVE to. The applications of the Field Spell is a combination of Royal Decree without proper setup, or Secret Village without maintaining field presence.

The destruction effect on Oblivion Nightfall is sexy. It's like Catastor on crack. The fact that it's relatively easy to summon though is blergh.

Vote: Card A.

Yeah, I felt that it was a card worth revising to make more playable - sometimes I get lazy, so instead of making a new card completely, I borrow the picture and name and just re-do the effects of some cards that I deem to be crappy or unplayable :3
I remember the version you commented on earlier - it had something to do with being able to negate the effects of a card that was previously set or something :p

Archived