1 vs 1: clairedestroyer vs Sora [LEADERBOARD] FINISHED. SORA WINS.

Cute Rotten Yoshika

hello. id like to see if i can sharpen my skills in card making. and i figured this could be a fun way to do so. so here we go.

goal: make a card that supports an existing fire archetype. it doesnt have to be a recent one. feel free to go back and try and revive an older one.

rules:

1) the card cannot be a member of the archetype it supports.
2) if its a monster, it would preferably be fire itself. not necessary but id try and aim for it.
3) if its a monster it cannot have 200 def. if its a spell or trap it cannot use 200 def as a reference point (this includes 200 or less/200 or higher).
4) written cards are fine. if you would prefer a written card let me know so i can do a written as well to make it fair.
5) to give us some time since i will be somewhat busy until wednesday the due date is frebruary 15th.
6) first to 3 votes wins or whoever has the most on february 18th.
7) no prize will be awarded. this is just for fun after all!

THE CARDS:

[spoiler=Sora]

151874.jpg

Text:

Cannot be normal summoned or set. Must be special summoned (from the hand) by having 3 or more FIRE monsters, in your graveyard, and cannot be special summoned by other ways. When this card is special summoned: You can discard any number of FIRE monsters from your hand; draw an equal number of cards. When this card leaves the field: You can shuffle up to 3 FIRE monsters from your graveyard into your deck (except for "Pyro Pyre Final Fire); draw 1 card.

Reasoning:

Well, it primarily supports Haze Beasts.  For one thing, it's a level 6 FIRE monster, which is the main theme of Hazes, and allows them to draw from the pool of rank 6s more easily.  It's also relatively easy to summon in that deck given how Hazes have some graveyard speed via Peryton and Cerberus.  Furthermore, its first effect allows the deck to cycle through the deck efficiently, and its second effect allows you to recycle your resources and then draw a card off of it, giving Peryton plays more viability.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=claire]

wlthY9K.jpg

Text:

When exactly 1 FIRE monster you control (and no other cards) is sent from the field to the Graveyard by your opponent's card: Draw 1 card and reveal it, then if the revealed card is a Level 4 or lower FIRE monster: You can Special Summon it.

Reasoning:

Clearly meant to support Fire Kings. Though they have a few methods of searching, they have little draw power. It would also allow them to maintain some field presence since they tend to run out of that very quickly with Garunix being around. It could also help offset, for example, a Barong being destroyed by battle, where you would normally get nothing. Offset by the fact that you can't trigger it yourself outside of ramming into a bigger monster, and mass destruction like torrential also wont trigger it.

[/spoiler]

Sorry for the delay. Since it is entirely my fault the deadline for votes is now Monday, February 18th.

Shoot. knew I was forgetting something.  Card text:

Cannot be normal summoned or set. Must be special summoned (from the hand) by having 3 or more FIRE monsters, in your graveyard, and cannot be special summoned by other ways. When this card is special summoned: You can discard any number of FIRE monsters from your hand; draw an equal number of cards. When this card leaves the field: You can shuffle up to 3 FIRE monsters from your graveyard into your deck (except for "Pyro Pyre Final Fire); draw 1 card.

I vote for Sora's card

At first I thought it was broken because it sounds like an easy, horrible set-up to pyrorex, or volcanic shenanigans. Then I realized its just a monster Pot of Avarice in phases. So its splashable in various Fire decks. ha splashable in a thread about fire.

The Molten quick play on the other hand sounds almost too situational. I've never been in a place to kill off on Fire King by itself and not others and even if that was the case it would most likely be D-Prison or Bottomless meaning no graveyard. This also reads pretty dead drawish on its own merit seeing as you can't use it immediately on your turn unless you ram yourself into a creature. In short its got a lot going against it.  

Archived