Sora vs Bickerbad [Leaderboard] Finished!

Sora1499

Hai guize. I can't let Kvn win decided to make another 1v1.

Rules and Requirements:
*Your task is to make a 2-mat rank 4 Xyz monster. That is all.
*Have your card to me via PM by tomorrow.
*First to 3 votes or most votes by Friday wins.
*Written cards are ok.

[spoiler='Bickerbad's Card']8ezY2OV.png[/spoiler]

[spoiler='My Card']Blue Soul Reactor

{LIGHT/Rank 4/Fairy/Xyz/Effect}
2 level 4 monsters 

Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz material from this card to target up to 3 monsters(s) in your graveyard; shuffle those targets into the deck, then place any number of soul counters on this card, up to the combined level of the shuffled monster(s).  This card gains 50 ATK for each soul counter on it.  If this card would be targeted for a card effect: You can remove 10 soul counters from this card to negate that effect.  You can only use this effect of "Blue Soul Reactor" once per turn.

2300/1200[/spoiler]

I recognize that template...it makes me happy that people are still using it :p

Bickerbad's card isn't generic, but it's still incredibly easy to get out - Evilswarms are a deck nowadays (not to mention Blackwings and others). As for the effect: the first effect is pretty strong as is - however, the banishing effect breaks the card. Not only does it get rid of problematic cards, but you also get to use it against your opponent - I don't think your opponent would be too happy about you knowing what's in their hand and being able to steal one of their best cards turn 1...

Sora's seems fine at first glance, but its effect lets it pretty much completely replace Pearl's position - not that Pearl is used much, but getting its ATK up to high beatstick levels is a bit too easy. As for the target effect - it adds a nice form of protection, and it lets it dodge a fair amount of cards such as Fiendish, Compulse, etc.

Anyways, vote goes to Sora - though his card is a bit strong, it's not broken.

Has to be Sora.

Bickerbad's card allows you to see your opponent's hand, and select a card to banish. That feels slightly broken to me; if not because of the banish, but the combination of that and the ability to see your opponent's hand. This could really break down your opponents turn in one move, with the chance to do it again next turn. Maybe banishing a random card from your opponent's hand would be more balanced (obviously can't be changed now).

Sora's card is a nice little beat-stick come recycler that has a fairly interesting mechanic. Three level 4's give you a nice little boost, but using this on your next turn could increase this cards attack to pretty high extremes. The extra effect negation is a nice little bonus.

Archived