[Leaderboard] Me VS Zextra (Finished)

Zazubat

Rules: Not written, ends when 1 has gotten 1st of March, must be a Effect Monster that suppports an archetype of your choice, just not CC of course, PM me with your card, or just post here, I don't really care. Winner gets a "like" from the opponent and gets 100 points and of course a point in the Leadboard.

Zextra's Card:

chimeratechgeminidragon.png

My Card:

MermailAbyssator.png

If this card was Special Summoned by the effect of a WATER monster or a "Abyss-" Trap Card: You can send 1 WATER monster from your hand to your Graveyard; Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Mermail" monster from your Deck, except "Mermail Abyssator". You can only use this effect of "Mermail Abyssator" once per turn, also you cannot Summon monsters from your Extra Deck the turn you activate this effect.. Once per turn: You can send 1 WATER monster from your hand to your Graveyard; target 1 face-up WATER Xyz Monster you control, that card gains this effect:
*If this card has Xyz Material(s) that were originally WATER monsters, this card can attack twice per turn.

Winner: Zextra

I'll give this a shot.

Here's mine - obviously, it supports Cybers by giving them an alternative to Chimeratech Overdragon when using Overload Fusion:

chimeratechgeminidragon.png

oh, should have been more specific, actually wanted an Effect Monster, not an Extra Deck monster, but I guess this counts. I'll let it slide since I wasn't all that clear. Anyways, I'll put mine up in a bit.

I vote for Zaziuma. I have Cyber Dragons in my deck, and Zextra card is too powerful for the kind of deck I have, I could add ton of combos and win duel easly with that card. On Zaziuma side, we got a more balanced WATER monster, you can use this card as the bridge for some strategies based on Mermail, without overpowering the deck and applying it to the Xyz is great too.

I vote for Zaziuma. I'm sorry Zex; I love you, but the Mermail card just seems a little more balanced than yours. It's really easy to get out, and it can be devastating when it gets a chance to attack. Meanwhile, Zazi's card has more balanced effects/drawbacks, and ones that fit with its archetype, and thus I feel the card design is somewhat superior.

To be completely honest, Overload fusion should be banned.

But that's beside the point. In all honesty, I believe that Zextra has the more balanced card here. Zazi's is highly abusable, not only having two effects, but essentially allowing for Abyss-Sphere --> Linde --> This --> Summon your Megalo/Leed for free. Whereas, for Zex's card, Cybers are already nowhere near tier, and the card isn't even that broke to begin with.

After looking over that Mermail, it made my eye twitch. And not in a good way. Its mostly for the fact Mermails can VERY EASILY play around all of it's restrictions/drawbacks, and still abuse the hell out of it.
Yea, both cards are on the overpowered side, but at least Gemini is, to some degree, gimmicky.
Zex gets my vote.

That was pretty fast, thanks for that you all. I can see how mine can get pretty powerful, and was thinking of actually making it more rescricted, but other Mails are better than this card I would say, but yeah it does create a lot of posibilities, and Cyber is kind of outclassed by most these days where Mails are pretty high up, so I can see why this would make Mails even better. But Zextra won this one, points sent.

Archived