Finished AznKvn vs John [Leaderboard]

Alpakha

1. No spamming, flaming, trolling, etc. Will be reported on sight.

2. Post cards here. Card due date: 4/7/13

3. First to 3 votes wins. Voting ends five days after both cards are entered

4. Both contestants will both make a replacement for brio. By that I mean a generic Level 6 synchro, not a monster with similar effects to brio. 

John: 0

Kvn: 2

John

shenlongt.jpg

Shenlong, the Azure
[Dragon / Synchro / Effect]
ATK/ 2150    DEF/ 1000

1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
This card can only be Synchro Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned any other ways. If this card attacks a monster on your opponent's side of the field, you can banish 1 card from your hand or Graveyard: Place that monster into face-up defense position. While this card's ATK is higher than the DEF of a defense position monster your opponent controls: Inflict piercing damage to your opponent's Life Points equal to the difference. Once per turn, during the End Phase, if this card inflicted damage to your opponent's Life Points, you can discard 1 card from your hand and target 1 Field Spell in either player's Graveyard: Add that target to the owner's hand. Once per turn, if this card would be destroyed; you can banish 1 face-up Field Spell you control instead.

NOTE: Although it seems simple, this card would make a big impact in the game. It literally gets rid of all your opponent's monsters AND adds a field back to your hand. I know what you're thinking, why add 1 to your opponent's hand? It brings beneficial cards that suit your cards as well. It also is good for Chaos Dragons to banish that Wyvern in the grave/hand. After thinking about it, you'll think it's OP. And if it's like Brio, than it must me as powerful as him...

Kvn

ctdk1q7.jpg

During the Damage Step, when this monster battles: You can halve the ATK of the monster this card is battling. At the end of the Damage Step, if this effect was used, switch this monster to Defense Position.

Okay

Entry:

Shenlong, the Azure
[Dragon / Synchro / Effect]
ATK/ 2150    DEF/ 1000
This card can only be Synchro Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned any other ways. If this card attacks a monster on your opponent's side of the field, you can banish 1 card from your hand or Graveyard: Place that monster into face-up defense position. While this card's ATK is higher than the DEF of a defense position monster your opponent controls: Inflict piercing damage to your opponent's Life Points equal to the difference. Once per turn, during the End Phase, if this card inflicted damage to your opponent's Life Points, you can discard 1 card from your hand and target 1 Field Spell in either player's Graveyard: Add that target to the owner's hand. Once per turn, if this card would be destroyed; you can banish 1 face-up Field Spell you control instead.

NOTE: Although it seems simple, this card would make a big impact in the game. It literally gets rid of all your opponent's monsters AND adds a field back to your hand. I know what you're thinking, why add 1 to your opponent's hand? It brings beneficial cards that suit your cards as well. It also is good for Chaos Dragons to banish that Wyvern in the grave/hand. After thinking about it, you'll think it's OP. And if it's like Brio, than it must me as powerful as him...

I'm going to go with the manticore simply because its simple. While the first one did have the impressive ability of recycling fields I personally find it over the top when it comes to adding monsters from your grave to the field whenever it attacks. While its attack power isn't really that impressive it's still just an odd version of monster reborn. While the manticore is a nice beater wall combination that I can see being used heavily.

Lady Manticore. Nice, simple but effective effect that synergizes with its stats. Shenlong subscribes to the "If I keep tacking on more effects that will make the card better" school of design, has weird anti-synergies with itself (it can get field spells back from the graveyard but protects itself by banishing field spells instead of destroying them), and even though each effect is somehow related to the next one, there's no overall big picture and every pair of non-consecutive effects is pretty much completely unrelated.

Archived