[Leadboard] Me VS Admin4 (VOTE STARTED)

Zazubat

Must follow Leaderboard rules, means first to 3. 1 week from now, which means the 15th for me. No writtens and RC. Must follows this: Must have a Summoning Conditions, A Quick Effect and a Continuous Effect. You may not have any other kind of effect, but you may have more than one of each of those. Winner gets a LIKE and of course a point in the Leaderboard.

My card:

PropellerGirl.png

If you control a Token, you can Special Summon this card (from your hand). Once per turn, during either player’s turn, when a monster you control battles, if that destroys a monster your opponent controls: Special Summon up to 2 “Propeller Tokens” (Machine-Type/WIND/Level 3/0 ATK/1900 DEF). These Tokens cannot be Tributed for a Tribute Summon. The name of all Tokens are treated as "Propeller Tokens". The name of all "Propeller Tokens" are treated as the names of other Tokens on the field.

An obvious support for Mecha Phantom Beasts, with a pretty neat effect IMO.

Admin4's card:
qpvCDKy.png

You can send all cards in your Spell/Trap card zone to your Graveyard to Special Summon this card (from your hand); put a Spell counter on this card for each card sent to the Graveyard this way. Once per turn, if your opponent activates a Spell/Trap card: You can remove a Spell counter from this card to negate that card and destroy it; Special Summon 1 "Energy Orb Token" (Thunder-type/LIGHT/Level 1/ATK: 300/DEF: 300); all "Energy Orb Tokens" can attack your opponent directly. If an "Energy Orb Token" is destroyed: You can send one Spell/Trap card you control to your Graveyard to put 1 Spell counter on this card.

Support for Spell Counters, and it's Summons Tokens as well, funny coincidence.

I'm gonna jump into a dark hole here and accept.

So the monster has a summoning condition, an effect that activates upon summon, and an effect that lasts while it's on the field, correct?

You're thinking of Trigger Effect that happens apon Summon, a Quick Effect is something like Battle Fader, or LaDD. Anyway, I'll accept you.

qpvCDKy.png

You can send all cards in your Spell/Trap card zone to your Graveyard to Special Summon this card (from your hand); put a Spell counter on this card for each card sent to the Graveyard this way. Once per turn, if your opponent activates a Spell/Trap card: You can remove a Spell counter from this card to negate that card and destroy it; Special Summon 1 "Energy Orb Token" (Thunder-type/LIGHT/Level 1/ATK: 300/DEF: 300); all "Energy Orb Tokens" can attack your opponent directly. If an "Energy Orb Token" is destroyed: You can send one Spell/Trap card you control to your Graveyard to put 1 Spell counter on this card.

Let the broken-ness begin.

[quote name="Zazubat" post="6179668" timestamp="1365708041"]Don't Mecha Phantom Beasts already do that for them? I do accept your vote for now, but in case you change your mind, be sure to say so   2 for Admin4 0 for me.[/quote] Well, the idea is that, once JOTL comes out, we'll be getting Impalase, which will make Beastcraft Karakuri a legit deck, and this enforces that.

Well, the idea is that, once JOTL comes out, we'll be getting Impalase, which will make Beastcraft Karakuri a legit deck, and this enforces that.

I looked Imapalase up, and that's a dumb ass design in my book, but I can kind of see what you mean. Since I kind of hate that something I don't know screw with my plans of this card, but then again, wouldn't that help those as well? I mean it's the point right? But yes, it can very well break it.

I am tired after that last post (sunrise is in about 4 hours I need some sleep).

I did play Mecha Phantoms (the Divine Wind build), but did not  see any other build of them in action. And in that build this card would work well with Birdman but other than that I do not understand why would you want to summon that many tokens, I think all builds goal is ss Dragossack (which can ss 2 tokens), and since this can only be ss when a token is already is on the field your monster would be at LV7 anyways and what you would need is another Mecha Phantom not more tokens, so I think you want to implant this into controling 2 Mecha Phantom monster that can go into Dragossack (which is already great) to use the level 4 monsters effects before ss Dragossack, and that is nice, but only Colt-Wing and Megaraptor (Harri-Ard makes him better) do have worthy effects.  Though 1900 DEF MPB tokens is too much IMO.

Its an easy ss (not even a once per turn) LV3 monster that can negate a trap (and give you a token to synch) while you build a field, I do not like it. But to make this a constructive criticism, I would say that his ss would be alright if it was OPT, and his OPT effect was OPT&OOTT. And him being that fragile helps with balancing

I vote for Propeller Girl, still ss 2 tokens along a level 4 machine is not of my liking as well.

I am tired after that last post (sunrise is in about 4 hours I need some sleep).

I did play Mecha Phantoms (the Divine Wind build), but did not  see any other build of them in action. And in that build this card would work well with Birdman but other than that I do not understand why would you want to summon that many tokens, I think all builds goal is ss Dragossack (which can ss 2 tokens), and since this can only be ss when a token is already is on the field your monster would be at LV7 anyways and what you would need is another Mecha Phantom not more tokens, so I think you want to implant this into controling 2 Mecha Phantom monster that can go into Dragossack (which is already great) to use the level 4 monsters effects before ss Dragossack, and that is nice, but only Colt-Wing and Megaraptor (Harri-Ard makes him better) do have worthy effects.  Though 1900 DEF MPB tokens is too much IMO.

Its an easy ss (not even a once per turn) LV3 monster that can negate a trap (and give you a token to synch) while you build a field, I do not like it. But to make this a constructive criticism, I would say that his ss would be alright if it was OPT, and his OPT effect was OPT&OOTT. And him being that fragile helps with balancing

I vote for Propeller Girl, still ss 2 tokens along a level 4 machine is not of my liking as well.

You give some good points, and I can see that using Birdman after SS'ing her is quite broke, and I should probably have added a "OOPT" clause to it. But you voted for me despite it's faults, which shows that you got to look at both cards before you decide which to vote. Thanks for voting

2 for Admin4

1 for me.

I vote for the Orb

The propeller girl's last two sentences confuse me. If all tokens are propeller tokens is the first effect wouldn't that keep them from being changed to MPB tokens? Also 1900 wall tokens seem a tad excessive. I am of the opinion that the 0 stats of the MPB tokens is one of their balancing factors. Making them walls seems to go against that aspect. Also like stated before its a perpetual SS combo with Valley and Birdman which hinders it on the balanced factor.

Orb on the other hand is quite a cool combination with Magical citadel. The special summon is simple yet I am hard pressed to find a Spell counter deck that wants to discard spells to gain counters (outside of pushing for game with Tempest).

I vote for the Orb

The propeller girl's last two sentences confuse me. If all tokens are propeller tokens is the first effect wouldn't that keep them from being changed to MPB tokens? Also 1900 wall tokens seem a tad excessive. I am of the opinion that the 0 stats of the MPB tokens is one of their balancing factors. Making them walls seems to go against that aspect. Also like stated before its a perpetual SS combo with Valley and Birdman which hinders it on the balanced factor.

Orb on the other hand is quite a cool combination with Magical citadel. The special summon is simple yet I am hard pressed to find a Spell counter deck that wants to discard spells to gain counters (outside of pushing for game with Tempest).

I see your confusion, they're suppose to ALSO be the other name. Anyway, Admin deserved this win, as mine had clear broken things about it.

Archived