[Leaderboard] Zextra vs ★ 24/7 - No Br'Aix ★

Zextra

So here's another 1v1...

Rules:

• 1st card to 3 votes first wins, or that has the most votes by 11:59 PST on April 13th.

• Votes must be supported by valid reasoning.

Requirements:

Make a non-generic Rank 4 Xyz monster. That's it.

Prize:

1 Rep/Like

Voter Bonus:

Each valid vote earns the user a rep!

Scoreboard:

Aix: 1

Zextra: 2

Cards:

[spoiler=Aix's Card]

181653.jpg

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Zextra's Card]

silvershineangel.png

[/spoiler]

Both are pretty good, but I feel that Aix's both have balancing problems as it can pretty much take on any monsters as there's not many monsters that aren't either Specialed or Tributed, but that said, if one is it will switch itself to Defense, making it useless later as much can really take it on, which can balance it out, but personally, I like Zextra's more here, as it's both balanced, and has a nice effect to boost. Not that I think balancing shouldn't be taken into account, but it also makes Aix's pretty meh IMO.

So Zextra's it is.

Both cards can be spammed, can not win alone, can (Kinda) safely battle and are stun cards. And since both are somewhat easy to rid of (for stun cards that is), I think their only use would be handling OTK, Hunter would force your opponent into unusual plays, and Angle would support your push for game.

IMO Angle effect should be limited to once per copy and turn, because you can ss her, and if she is safe, you go all in negating what could be your opponent only hope, now I understand that Heavy Storm, MST, Night Beam and some other effects can do just that before even hitting the field, but IMO that is just one more reason why there should not be another way for safe pushes. Now I look at Hunter and alone he is (kinda) nice/fun, but what a player can throw at an opponent right after this card eats up his resourses, makes it turn from the nice stun card it should be into an almost perfect and easy set up card.

Of course we can not forget the other effects, Angle's can get rid of key cards, but that is about it, she can not be turned into a removal engin, so it can not be a reason for you to summon this card, and Hunter's puts him at 2900, that comes in for his first attack on whatever you summoned him for, then for him to not be simply ran over by a seconed monster already on field, so he (kinda) force your opponent to use spell/traps/effects or wasting a ss to make you use his effect changing him into DEF.

tl;dr, Hunter can become a spammable problem and Angle can be put into an unstopable OTK. So both are unhealthy IMO. Still Angle is a better card since she can be use in a healthy beat deck and would not turn games around alone unlike Hunter whom always is a problem.

Though current meta decks laugh at hunter and outmatch Angle.

Thanks for your vote, Basara - though I would like to point out that Angel is indeed limited to once per turn. Although I have to say that you were very accurate with explaining what the card was designed to do (especially with the current meta running all sorts of traps, such as Bottomless, Compulse, Dimensional Prison, Mirror Force, etc.) Anyways, that makes it 2-0 to me.

Wow, you addressed everything I was intending with this card :D

Oh well, didn't think he was that bad as there are no good decks that can bring him out.

The machine archtypes (geargi, gadget, Karakuri), Yuma's cards (Gogogo and the likes) madolche, heraldic and many others can spam level 4 earth monster, puting an type or attribute limit on a 2 material rank 4 is not that much.

Thanks for your vote, Basara - though I would like to point out that Angel is indeed limited to once per turn. Anyways, that makes it 2-0 to me.

What I meant by "limited to once per copy and turn" is for it to have this "This effect of "Silvershine Angle" can be use once per turn, and only once that turn.".

Hope I helped.

[quote name="Basara" post="6179834" timestamp="1365719475"]What I meant by "limited to once per copy and turn" is for it to have this "This effect of "Silvershine Angle" can be use once per turn, and only once that turn.".[/quote] Oh, I see. Anybody else willing to vote?

Knowing what I know I give it to Aix's card. While it was the effects were similar I found that the Angel just happens to be a nerfed (yet oddly more feasible) version of Heroic Challenger Kusanagi.

Long story short I feel Aix's ability to destroy a monster is more fruitful than Zextra's backrow resetting. Nevertheless they both seem pretty balanced in my opinion.

Archived