[Leaderboard] 1v1 - Zazu VS Tama (VOTE)

Zazubat

1 .Normal Leaderboard Rules apply
2. First to 3 or when the contest ends (June 9th) wins.
3. Writtens are allowed.
4. Votes must be valid, no bullshit like last time.

5. Winners gets a point in the leaderboard, and gets a lick in the face.

6. The goal is to make a card using the concept of Wave Counters. Wave Counters always do 2 things, A, deal burn damage & B, increases/decreased ATK/DEF. You can play around with how you want them to work, but your card must feature both Burn and increase/decrease.

Card A:

faykpd.jpg

3 Level 3 monster

Once per turn, during either player's turn, if a card effect activates: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; Negate that effect, then place 1 Wave Counter on this card. This card gains 500 ATK for each Wave Counter on it. If this card would be destroyed by your opponent: You can remove all Wave Counters from this card instead, and if you do: Inflict 300 damage to your opponent for each Counter removed.

Card B:

WaveGrower-2.png

If you control no monsters, you can Special Summon this card (from the hand). When you do: Place 1 Wave Counter on this card for each Spell/Trap Card you control. Once per turn, during the Battle Phase, when this card battles: You can remove any number of Wave Counters from anywhere on the field; this card gains 200 ATK and DEF for each of those Counters until the End Phase, also if this card destroys an opponent’s monster by battle: Place 1 Counter on this card for each monster your opponent controls. Once per turn: You can remove any number Wave Counter from anywhere on the field; inflict 400 damage to your opponent for each Wave Counter removed, but this card cannot attack this turn. When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard: Distribute the Wave Counters on this card among face-up monsters you control.

Card A looks like a decent card. The Wave Counters protect itself from destruction up to 3 times, though I doubt it'll be able to use all 3 chances for protection (depends on how the opponent handles this card tbh). Also, the burn is just a slap in the face really. They'll spend some resources trying to get rid of it, and the burn really doesn't make them want to try. Also, I doubt this card's ATK would get anywhere significant. And the 3 materials kinds hampers this card as well.

I'm not a fan of Card B. I mean, it promotes the "Set 4, GO!" mentality that people generally hate. I hate that mentality as well, and this card doesn't do any favors with that. Also, Card B can get a bit too strong with all the Wave Counters around. With the Counters gained from "Set 4, GO!", that's just too much imo. Also, that effect just gives this thing more Counters to work with. Slippery Slope much? The burn is overwhelming considering the ease in which this thing can gain counters, and I just don't like that.

Card A gets my vote since it isn't badly designed like Card B.

Both have some unique effects. On evaluation, Card A looks like a suicide bomber that grows in power. It may be hard to keep it alive long enough for it to build up three wave counters than unleash hell, which is sort of a drawback, but it still is a nice card. Card B has an effect like Cyber Dragon's and the same amount of ATK points, but with fancy twists. It is very strong though for a card you can summon out easily, and also gains wave counters easily as well. I could imagine running a mass-mill Magician of Faith/Card B deck and then just using the set cards as ammunition for Card B while Magician of Faith reloads, being protected by maybe Swords of Revealing Light while Card B just inflicts direct damage. I say Card B is a little more versatile than Card A, but Card A is more realistically balanced. All in all, I give my vote to Card A because it seems more realistic than Card B, because Card B seems like a Cyber Dragon on steroids that can attack directly. 

Archived