[Leaderboard] 1v1 Zazu VS SoulFire (Finished)

Zazubat

1 .Normal Leaderboard Rules apply
2. First to 3 or when the contest ends (June 11th) wins.
3. Writtens are allowed.

4. Votes must be valid

5. Winners gets a point in the leaderboard.

6. Make a Spell/Trap Xyz Card.

My card:

Xyz Battle Cry

Trap Card
During the Battle Phase, except during the Damage Step: Target 2 or more monsters you control; Xyz Summon using those targets as Xyz Materials. If this Set card is destroyed: You can add 1 "Xyz Battle Cry" from your Deck to your hand or draw 1 card and reveal it.

My opponnet's card:

Xyz Treason

Quick-Play Spell Card

Discard 1 Monster Card: Target 1 Xyz monster your opponent controls with ATK equal to or less than the discarded monster; take control of the targeted monster until the End Phase. You can shuffle this card from the Graveyard into the Deck to target 1 Xyz Monster in your Graveyard; return that target to the Deck.

Xyz Treason
Quick-Play Spell Card
Discard 1 Monster Card: Target 1 Xyz monster your opponent controls with ATK equal to or less than the discarded monster; take control of the targeted monster until the End Phase. You can shuffle this card from the Graveyard into the Deck to target 1 Xyz Monster in your Graveyard; return that target to the Deck.

I vote A. It has a useful effect that would give it some playability, and the second effect gives it a nice bonus if it gets kicked too quickly. The search effect makes it quite unusual, and probably wasn't needed, as the draw itself would probably always be chosen over the search. Still a solid card though. Card B seems too situational and too unlikely to pay off to be of any use.

Both cards seem quite balanced to me.

Zazubat's card is nice, cuts down on some summoning requirements, and has some decent protection by way of its own effect, also the option to draw and reveal 1 card instead of getting another battlecry is interesting, but it's a strange offer to give. 

Soulfire's is of course a bit situational. Although its latter effect gives it wider use, its primary effect can be done with similar efficiency and on a wider scale with cards such as mind control/creature swap.

So Zazubat gets the vote!

Archived