[Leaderboard] ~Renegade~ VS. .codex [Winner: Renegade]

Ren✧

1. All rules of 1v1 apply.
2. All spamming, trolling, flaming, etc. will be reported on sight
3. Cards due 3 days after a contestant is chosen. Cards Due: 6/9
4. Voting ends a week after both cards are entered, first to 3 votes win. Voting Ends: 6/14

5. Winner will receive 1 LIKE from the loser
6. Please submit card through PM
7. This contest will be using the 'Card A' & 'Card B' system
8. Have fun!

[spoiler=Card Requirements]

Create a line of 2-3 LV Effect monsters

[/spoiler]

[spoiler= Card A]

Bird-HouseLV1_zps0b047f02.png

This card cannot be destroyed by battle, except by a LIGHT monster.  If this card is destroyed: You can add  1 “Bird-House LV1” or 1 “Alchemy” card to your hand. This effect of “Bird-House LV1” can only be activated once per turn. During your Stanby Phase: You can Tribute this face-up card; Special Summon 1 “Bird-House LV5” from your Deck.

Bird-HouseLV5_zps68ac6086.png

This card cannot be destroyed by battle, except by a LIGHT monster. At the start of the Damage Step, if tis card attacks a non-LIGHT monster: Destroy that card. If this card is destroyed: You can add 1 “Bird-House LV5” or 1 “Alchemy” card to your hand. This effect of “Bird-House LV5” can only be activated once per turn. During your Stanby Phase, except during the turn this card was Summoned: You can Tribute this face-up card; Special Summon 1 “Bird-House LV7” from your Deck.

Bird-HouseLV7_zpsb89db386.png

Cannot be Normal Summoend/Set. Must first be Special Summoned by the effect of “Bird-House LV5” or by its own effect. This card cannot be destroyed by battle, except by a LIGHT monster. At the start of the Damage Step, if tis card attacks a non-LIGHT monster: Destroy that card. You can banish 1 “Bird-House LV1” and 1 “Bird-House LV5” from your Graveyard; Special Summon 1 “Bird-House LV7” from your Deck, but its effects are negated and it cannot attack this turn.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Card B]

Draco-ChameleonLV3.png

Once, while this card is face-up on the field: You can banish 1 Level 4 or lower "LV" monster in your Graveyard; this card's name, Level, and effect are treated as that of the banished monster. During your Standby Phase: You can send this face-up card to the Graveyard; Special Summon 1 "Draco-Chameleon LV6" from your hand or Deck.

Draco-ChameleonLV6.png

If this card is Special Summoned by the effect of "Draco-Chameleon LV3": You can add 1 "LV" monster or 1 Normal or Quick-Play "Level" Spell Card from your Deck to your hand. Once, while this card is face-up on the field: You can banish 1 Level 6 or lower monster from your Graveyard; this card's name, Level, ATK, and DEF are treated as that of the banished monster. If the banished monster was an "LV" monster: This card's effect is treated as that of the banished monster. 

[/spoiler]

Only up to 3, but it can just be 2 as well. Your choice. 

Alright. I actually made a LV archetype not too long ago, and there's 3, can I use that? I can make a new one as well, I don't mind, I find it decent enough to my entry here, that's all.

Alright, so Cards A are nearly impossible to judge because of the 'Alchemy' cards mentioned in their texts. There are a total of 3 cards in the game that have 'Alcehmy' in their name, and none of them are overly supportive of the line of LV monsters created. The DARK attribute and only being able to be destroyed by LIGHT monsters seem uncharacteristic for the cards, almost as if they are a part of a larger archetype that we haven't seen, this is only fortified by the fact we are talking about 'Alchemy' cards as well, and I sense that those are a set of custom cards that you have made as well. Now I do like the ability to search itself if it is destroyed, seeing as lower level LV monsters often fall prey to that. LV7 allows for an immediate Rank 7 monster, as well as has the added bonus of being able to destroy any non-LIGHT monster AND having massive ATK. I think something here would have to be cut for it not to be considered op'ed. 

It took me a little while to understand the use of Cards B, but I think I understand now. They are to be used to support other LV monsters, like Armed Dragons and Horus, as well as having the traditional LV design. I think the creativity in creating an LV monster that supports other LV monsters is pretty cool and helpful in LV decks.  I vote for Cards B.

Oh oops, forgot that I mentioned those. The are just simply LV support cards, they're really nothing special and not a part of the archetype whatsoever.

Well still, we can't know if one of the cards searchable makes your line of LV monsters op'd or not. 

Both sides do something that hasn't really been done with LV monsters. Cards A(or should I say .codex's cards) search themselves after destruction, offering a little back up should they fall prey to a bigger monster. Cards B offers further support for other LV monsters, while still being able to stay within its own. I like how Renegade's cards are able to support a number of LV mini-archetypes, offering quicker ways to get out even stronger LV monsters. My biggest problem with his cards are their lack of standalone power. When compared to other LV monsters, they are lacking in overall brute strength, however their ability to support other LV monsters, as well as the search effect in LV6 are more than enough to make up for their lack luster ATK. 

Cards A have strange pics, effects, and names. None of it really seems to be cohesive. I don't understand the anti-light effect in a Winged Beast monster... I have the same qualms as Red when thinking that LV7 does too much...or at least has too much going for it. High attack, instant destruction, and Big Eye/Dracossack is definitely cause for worry. My vote goes to Renegade...err... I mean Card B.

Well still, we can't know if one of the cards searchable makes your line of LV monsters op'd or not. 

Both sides do something that hasn't really been done with LV monsters. Cards A(or should I say .codex's cards) search themselves after destruction, offering a little back up should they fall prey to a bigger monster. Cards B offers further support for other LV monsters, while still being able to stay within its own. I like how Renegade's cards are able to support a number of LV mini-archetypes, offering quicker ways to get out even stronger LV monsters. My biggest problem with his cards are their lack of standalone power. When compared to other LV monsters, they are lacking in overall brute strength, however their ability to support other LV monsters, as well as the search effect in LV6 are more than enough to make up for their lack luster ATK. 

Cards A have strange pics, effects, and names. None of it really seems to be cohesive. I don't understand the anti-light effect in a Winged Beast monster... I have the same qualms as Red when thinking that LV7 does too much...or at least has too much going for it. High attack, instant destruction, and Big Eye/Dracossack is definitely cause for worry. My vote goes to Renegade...err... I mean Card B.

Thanks for voting.

Card A: 0

Card B: 2

Archived