[Leaderboard] ~Renegade~ VS. Sora [Renegade Wins]

Ren✧

1. All rules of 1v1 apply.
2. All spamming, trolling, flaming, etc. will be reported on sight
3. Cards due 3 days after a contestant is chosen. Cards Due: 6/13
4. Voting ends a week after both cards are entered, first to 3 votes win. Voting Ends: 6/17

5. Winner will receive 1 LIKE from the loser
6. Please submit card through PM
7. This contest will be using the 'Card A' & 'Card B' system
8. Have fun!

[spoiler=Card Requirements]

Create a Spirit Monster

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Card A]

SpiritWalker.png?t=1370900754

Cannot be Special Summoned. During the End Phase of the turn this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up: Return it to the hand. Once per turn, if your opponent controls more monsters than you: You can add 1 Spirit Monster from your Graveyard to your hand, and if you do, you can Normal Summon 1 Spirit Monster this turn, in addition to your regular Normal Summon/Set. During your Main Phase 1: You can banish this face-up card; add 1 Spirit Monster from your Deck to your hand. 

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Card B]

237271.jpg

Cannot be special summoned. This card returns to the hand during the end phase of the turn it is normal summoned or flipped face-up. When this card returns to the hand: You can target 1 monster on the field; banish that target. When this card is normal summoned: Special summon that banished monster to your field. While you control that monster, this card does not return to the hand during the end phase.

[/spoiler]

I'll have em in by tonight.

Cards are up. Good luck, Sora!

Let the voting commence!

EDIT: Contest has been paused so that I can fix whatever the hell is going on with the OP

EDITEDIT: Alright, Contest continues. OP fixed.

Card A provides needed support for Spirit Monsters, opening up more Xyz opportunities for the archetype as well as becoming both a recycler and searcher for them. Card B is quite creative, definitely taking a different spin on the Spirit Monsters. I am not so sure the effect will work as intended though, by the wording. It should probably say something along the lines of 'When this card is Normal Summoned: You can target 1 banished monster that was banished by this card's effect and Special Summon it to your side of the field'. At least that is how I am interpreting it. I can see this being abused with its banishing ability more than actually gaining control of an opponent's monster. The gaining control of the opponent's monster is kinda slow, when compared to things like Mind Control and Creature Swap. The switch of control is also permanent, which is nice. This is kind of a difficult vote. Card A provides some much needed support, and while creative, it is not nearly as creative as Card B. I vote for Card A, because it makes Spirit Decks more consistent. 

Card A provides needed support for Spirit Monsters, opening up more Xyz opportunities for the archetype as well as becoming both a recycler and searcher for them. Card B is quite creative, definitely taking a different spin on the Spirit Monsters. I am not so sure the effect will work as intended though, by the wording. It should probably say something along the lines of 'When this card is Normal Summoned: You can target 1 banished monster that was banished by this card's effect and Special Summon it to your side of the field'. At least that is how I am interpreting it. I can see this being abused with its banishing ability more than actually gaining control of an opponent's monster. The gaining control of the opponent's monster is kinda slow, when compared to things like Mind Control and Creature Swap. The switch of control is also permanent, which is nice. This is kind of a difficult vote. Card A provides some much needed support, and while creative, it is not nearly as creative as Card B. I vote for Card A, because it makes Spirit Decks more consistent. 

Thanks for voting!

Card A: 1

Card B: 0

Card A:

My God, I love this card. It reminds me of the newest Evilswarm/Constellar cards in the obvious way (recycle+Double Summon), and Photon Lizard in the search way. A very balanced card with playability in Spirit decks at a must. It's stats are nothing to disappoint, either, for 1700 is a very decent ATK with such an effect. This card's Attribute also helps balance the DARK to LIGHT Spirit ratio for all those Chaos Lovers/Utilizers out there. Nothing really else to say about the card. It's great.

Card B:

Though it can only be used once, a free banish effect such as this is overpowered, and the fact that you can Goyo Guardian (sort of) it onto your field just for Normal Summoning twice is rather OP. Also, it's not really creative, or contribute to Spirit decks as a whole but moreso as a Spirit that would just be used in Decks due to its standalone strength. Overall, the card is lackluster in creativity and a little too strong of an effect for my liking.

My vote is for Card A, in terms of playibility while maintaining a balance and creativity.

Card A:

My God, I love this card. It reminds me of the newest Evilswarm/Constellar cards in the obvious way (recycle+Double Summon), and Photon Lizard in the search way. A very balanced card with playability in Spirit decks at a must. It's stats are nothing to disappoint, either, for 1700 is a very decent ATK with such an effect. This card's Attribute also helps balance the DARK to LIGHT Spirit ratio for all those Chaos Lovers/Utilizers out there. Nothing really else to say about the card. It's great.

Card B:

Though it can only be used once, a free banish effect such as this is overpowered, and the fact that you can Goyo Guardian (sort of) it onto your field just for Normal Summoning twice is rather OP. Also, it's not really creative, or contribute to Spirit decks as a whole but moreso as a Spirit that would just be used in Decks due to its standalone strength. Overall, the card is lackluster in creativity and a little too strong of an effect for my liking.

My vote is for Card A, in terms of playibility while maintaining a balance and creativity.

Thank you for voting!

Card A: 2

Card B: 0

I actually like both cards very much, so it's just a matter of balance.

Card A is solid, but I personally think it creates too much advantage - not that it necessarily breaks Spirits in general, but just the idea of continuously plussing makes it questionable.

Card B may seem strong at first glance, but it's actually slow enough to justify its effect. It banishes when it returns to the hand - then SSs it when it's Normal Summoned again. Then it no longer returns to the hand, leaving it quite vulnerable. Therefore, it's one-time use. Also, it's more creative.

Card B it is.

I actually like both cards very much, so it's just a matter of balance.

Card A is solid, but I personally think it creates too much advantage - not that it necessarily breaks Spirits in general, but just the idea of continuously plussing makes it questionable.

Card B may seem strong at first glance, but it's actually slow enough to justify its effect. It banishes when it returns to the hand - then SSs it when it's Normal Summoned again. Then it no longer returns to the hand, leaving it quite vulnerable. Therefore, it's one-time use. Also, it's more creative.

Card B it is.

Thank you for voting!

Card A: 2

Card B: 1

Like Luminus, I am fond of both cards. I find that they are both helpful in their own way. Spirit Walker adds support to Spirit Decks in general, but Card B makes for some possible shenanigans and whatnot in other decks. However, Card A's support for Spirits is just what they needed and it is why my vote is going to be cast there. The OCG for Card B isn't that great either, and while I would like to think that it doesn't influence my vote, I'm sure subconsciously it probably does. My vote goes to Card A. 

And since this is the last vote, let me make a suggestion. @Sora: When entering cards in a 1v1 that uses Card A and Card B system, you might want to remove your name from the card...

Like Luminus, I am fond of both cards. I find that they are both helpful in their own way. Spirit Walker adds support to Spirit Decks in general, but Card B makes for some possible shenanigans and whatnot in other decks. However, Card A's support for Spirits is just what they needed and it is why my vote is going to be cast there. The OCG for Card B isn't that great either, and while I would like to think that it doesn't influence my vote, I'm sure subconsciously it probably does. My vote goes to Card A. 

And since this is the last vote, let me make a suggestion. @Sora: When entering cards in a 1v1 that uses Card A and Card B system, you might want to remove your name from the card...

Thanks for voting! 

Gg, Sora. Personally, I thought your card was definitely more creative and original than mine.

Archived